• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes August 12th

Road

"new launch sales declined steeply by close to 70 percent in July 2014.”

So, The Last of Us could be close to 200k.

(don't take this number seriously, it's a really wild guess)

Someone wake up Nirolak!

lol at the Microsoft PR:

“Xbox One continues to sell at a strong and steady pace following the release of the $399 console in June, when month-to-month sales more than doubled,” a Microsoft spokesperson told GamesBeat. “We continued to see this momentum in July.”

Welfare

300k maybe. Even 400k if other games were very lackluster in sales.

Ghosts XBONE jumping ahead as lead platform in sales. Lack of Titanfall bundle being an influence maybe?

Hasn't Ghosts been selling really cheap on the XB1? I checked sales on Amazon not too long ago and was surprised at how many XB1 games were in the top 100. Then I realized that many of those games were selling for like $23.

Welfare

lol at the Microsoft PR:

“Xbox One continues to sell at a strong and steady pace following the release of the $399 console in June, when month-to-month sales more than doubled,” a Microsoft spokesperson told GamesBeat. “We continued to see this momentum in July.”

If I read this right, then weekly sales would be higher than June, or just steady?

SighFight

momentum?

Someone wake up Nirolak!

lol at the Microsoft PR:

There you go...

Chobel

Heavily discounted for Xbox platforms (around $25 or so I think).

CoD Ghost XBO: $23 on Amazon.
CoD Ghosts PS4: $39 on Amazon
Userbase and maybe some discount.
Check out the prices between the Xbone and Ps4 verisons on amazon ;)

Microsoft made a deal with some retailers to get their version of the titles lower.
It could be that the Bone version has been super cheap. Seems like every time I look it's $20ish and PS4 is $40ish.

What about the 360 version? It's usually #1

Jomjom

Banned
Heavily discounted for Xbox platforms (around $25 or so I think).

CoD Ghost XBO: $23 on Amazon.
CoD Ghosts PS4: $39 on Amazon

I guess TLOU could also be a factor. PS4 owners put their spending money on that game instead of CoD.

Also I got 3 copies on Xbone for $6 each at Target. But I think that was at the beginning of August. Target had a $20 discount if you put down $1 on Destiny or CoD: AW and the game was only $25.

Carl

lol at the Microsoft PR:

Oh dear

To be fair July YOY drop was going to be huge for software because there was an NCAA football game last year and there isn't one this year with EA getting out of the game.

Yep.

Overall release counts remain low, especially compared to past gens. Really looking forward to the Sep-Dec numbers. Getting actual games for all these boxes? Going to be fun to watch.

Top Bottom