• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 2017 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, August 8th

Welfare

Numbers has been leaked few hours ago :p

Hardware:
NSW: 222K
PS4: 217K (+34.7%)
3DS: 105K (-44.3%)

Software:
PS4: 2299K (+52.0%)
NSW: 736K
3DS: 384K (-49.2%)

Splatoon 2 #1 332k
Did you fail to read what they said?

Ugh, that aside, the weekly average drop for PS4 this month was the worst June to July performance with -29%, second being 2015 with -26%. July 2015 also sold 217K.

And top of the page lol

Gradivus

Note that worldwide, Splatoon 2 assuredly broke the million on first week, on a userbase of 5-5.5 millions. That's a great performance.

It's probably near the 2 million mark by now. Splatoon might have a chance to hit 1 million this week on Famitsu depending on the switch's stock.

Anyways, comparing the first five months between the Switch, 3DS, and WII U, we get these numbers

Switch
US: 1794k
3DS
US: 922k
Wii U
US: 1079k

Hopefully, Nintendo's shipment will increase again in Aug.

Because Media Create? I guess Nintendo focused more in Japan stocks than US this time even so looks like US saw a increase in shipment per week.

Well yeah. After Japanese numbers I thought that US will get at least similar amount of units but 220k is quite less than what Switch did in Japan in July (MC 246k, Famitsu 270k).

LordKano

Do they really think that people aren't aware that every leak is coming from ***********
EDIT : It's a banned word ? Looool

NSESN

Splatoon is fine, should have no problem reaching 1 million+ LTD in the US. The problem was the Switch HW, it seems that the shipment improvements was only for Japan, in a way the fact that US had no bundle was a hint.

jonno394

Splatoon is fine, should have no problem reaching 1 million+ LTD in the US. The problem was the Switch HW, it seems that the shipment improvements was only for Japan, in a way the fact that US had no bundle was a hint.

As stated before, Switch saw weekly average increase of 25% in July vs June. Also, JPN would have gotten the bulk of the HW for the very fact Splatoon is bigger there.

I just realised: Switch will pass 2 million sold this month if sales keep up the pace they are at now. Considering Rabbids + Mario releasing, that seems like a given.

Vena

Why post the leaks when... you were told not to post the leaks? We all have google, if we care that much we can find them ourselves.

PS4 and Switch neck and neck Holidays are gonna be FUN!

Xbox...yeah. As I've been saying this whole year, good thing the XBX comes out soon.

bryanee

Great. Ethomaz posted the leaks here after being told not to and so that means no numbers next month. Yay.

Maybe the person leaking this shit should realise this is the internet and this will always happen. If Ethomaz didn't post them some one else would have on this forum or another.

Oh it's not like the thread in the other place wasn't already noticed. Lay off people here. Stop being ridiculous.

I'll be back Thursday once the actual data is released and answer any questions that may come up.

Welfare

It's not like my browser can't connect to other places on the internet lol.
I know the numbers would be found out eventually. That would be naive.

Doesn't mean ethomaz had to copy paste the whole post except for the "No cross posting" part.

Not a huge deal problem, just more of a knee jerk "Really?" moment.

And hmmm, the Goon tag would be funny.

Vena

Oh it's not like the thread in the other place wasn't already noticed. Lay off people here. Stop being ridiculous.

I'll be back Thursday once the actual data is released and answer any questions that may come up.

Thanks for being a good sport, local NPD goon.

ethomaz

Banned
I know the numbers would be found out eventually. That would be naive.

Doesn't mean ethomaz had to copy paste the whole post except for the "No cross posting" part.

Not a huge deal problem, just more of a knee jerk "Really?" moment.
You are being ridiculous... next time I post the "No cross posting" to you fell better.

DAT bubble.

Splatoon 2 debut lower than I was expecting but still fine. It's not a front loaded game after all, and it's still early in the Switch's life. I imagine it will have a great second month + first holiday season.

Welfare

Wonder why we not get any XB numbers or data .
Since they seem to have details for other stuff .
It either sold under 100K or it just sold below 3DS, as in not #3 in hardware.

The PS3's first <100K July was 2013, for reference. After 2007, the PS3 wouldn't hit <100K until May 2013. Xbox 360 had its first <100K month in August 2013.

Jotaka

I found the other site in just 1 google search. lol
He really believed that none would find or share the numbers?

Welfare

If that is the case things not looking good for XB
Really wondering how it doing WW.
And the thing is that Phil Spencer keeps saying that the One X isn't supposed to sell more than the One S.

Like damn either they expect it to sell nothing or didn't factor in the One S dropping off a cliff.

Was 2DS xl this month?
Right at the end of July. Was wondering why 3DS sold so much but then I remembered the 2DS XL.

Shin

Banned
In a 4 week month that is traditionally slow compared to a 5 week month that was much stronger than anticipated?

I don't think you know how this whole sales thing works...

You're right I don't follow sales threads...
Sales is up from last year July by 34%+- and I'll say it again I expected it to be closer to 300k, though 4 weeks as you said.

Top Bottom