• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice Dept. Grants Immunity to Hillary Clinton's Staffer for Email Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskil

lol@first post. What a fucking joke. All emails have been shown to be classified after the fact. The immunity for the witness is because he refused to answer any questions. Keep looking for that smoking gun Republicans and Berniebros. You should all be sure to coordinate with Mr. Ben Ghazi since he's like a day away from jailing Hillary.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Bernie bros eagerly perpetuating rightwing hit jobs on Hillary is unsurprising but still sad to witness.

I think that every day Bernie remains in the race he does real damage to the party and the country because of shit like this.

How dare people have different opinions.

Hazmat

Giving this guy immunity seems like a pretty standard move. It doesn't mean that now he's free to give slam-dunk testimony against the Butcher of Benghazi without fear incriminating himself, it means that he isn't the focus of the investigation.

Clinton isn't going down over an email server.

I'm more afraid of the use of this against her by the right in the GE, than anything else. This thing needs to be settled soon so she doesn't have it lingering over her. The right must not win the GE. The SC alone are stakes like we haven't seen in a long time.

noshten

If you think Trump if the nominee won't throw Rice and Powell under the bus if it's politically convienient - you are kidding yourself, whatever means are necessary will be used in the GE. Either by Trump or Cruz, they've already proven they don't give a sh*t. In fact Trump will likely use this to show how the "Establishment" both GOP and Dems protect their own - even at the risk of American soldiers.
The GE is going to be a clusterfuck of SPIN and that type of clusterfuck really helps Trump.

Crisco

Banned
It's hilarious watching Trump voters and Bernie-stans unite on this issue. Just shows the sheer intellectual dishonesty shared by the fringe of both parties. To indict Clinton, you have to show that she "mishandled" classified information to the point of illegal negligence. This was an email server setup by and accordance with State Department policy for the SoS's official government use. Why do you think we've now gotten to the point of pouring over individual emails searching for some phantom smoking gun? Opponents of HRC's Presidential campaign are attempting a hail mary, nothing more.

dLMN8R

It sure would be nice if liberals could learn as much about Hillary from her actual votes and accomplishments as they do from Republican propaganda sources.

Neoweee

I'm more afraid of the use of this against her by the right in the GE, than anything else. This thing needs to be settled soon so she doesn't have it lingering over her. The right must not win the GE. The SC alone are stakes like we haven't seen in a long time.

It can be dragged out as long as people want, just like the Benghazi hearings were reconvened and dragged out for years for the sake of hurting Hillary's poll numbers. It's not going to go away.

wildfire

Banned
Does the justice department typically grant immunity to those suspected of crimes if they didn't expect to find any criminal behavior and/or actions?

No.

It's obvious someone is going to be nailed to the cross. If it is Hillary I'll be shocked. Thankfully Sanders is a viable alternative.

dLMN8R

I simply cannot begin to empathize with a Sanders supporter who would vote for Trump instead of Clinton in the general election.

It's just by far the most incredibly illogical, fundamentally stupid, and dangerous things you can possibly do.

I simply cannot begin to empathize with a Sanders supporter who would vote for Trump instead of Clinton in the general election.

It's just by far the most incredibly illogical, fundamentally stupid, and dangerous things you can possibly do.

I pity them tbh.

Hillary supporters completely miss the point about the e-mails, and Benghazi for that matter. It doesn't matter that its a bullshit manufactured scandal, its still going to resonate with voters. It has already had a major visible impact on her favorability ratings.

r866pJo.png

Willie Horton was bullshit.

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth was bullshit

The truth ultimately didn't do jack-shit to prevent either smear campaign from costing Dukakis and Kerry the election(s).

No.

It's obvious someone is going to be nailed to the cross. If it is Hillary I'll be shocked. Thankfully Sanders is a viable alternative.

If something were going to be pinned on Hillary, she wouldn't have ran.

Do you think her and the DNC are so incompetent that they didn't go through every little detail with a fine toothed comb and consult lots of high quality legal counsel before deciding to run?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
No.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Hillary supporters completely miss the point about the e-mails, and Benghazi for that matter. It doesn't matter that its a bullshit manufactured scandal, its still going to resonate with voters. It has already had a major visible impact on her favorability ratings.

r866pJo.png

Willie Horton was bullshit.

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth was bullshit

The truth ultimately didn't do jack-shit to prevent either smear campaign from costing Dukakis and Kerry the election(s).

Except it does not matter...if/when Trump is the nominee...it will again not matter. Electorally it is almost impossible for a Republicans to win. Hillary has very high favorability among Democrats. Democrats are most likely going to vote alongside the same patterns they did in 2012. Trump is also very high unfavorability ratings among republicans...except for his supporters. The only thing that could change the election is some type of black swan event (akin to 9/11, economy crashing) or Hillary is actually indicted for the emails(unlikely). It is over, everything else is merely a formality.

Bernie bros eagerly perpetuating rightwing hit jobs on Hillary is unsurprising but still sad to witness.

I think that every day Bernie remains in the race he does real damage to the party and the country because of shit like this.
This is the exact opposite of reality. Imagine if she went into the general pristine, and then Trump had the opportunity to bring up all these manufactured scandals with his brand of spin and emphasis. The more she goes through this stuff now, and the more public it is, the less ammunition he'll have against her later on.

Except it does not matter...if/when Trump is the nominee...it will again not matter. Electorally it is almost impossible for a Republicans to win. Hillary has very high favorability among Democrats. Democrats are most likely going to vote alongside the same patterns they did in 2012. Trump is also very high unfavorability ratings among republicans...except for his supporters. The only thing that could change the election is some type of black swan event (akin to 9/11, economy crashing) or Hillary is actually indicted for the emails(unlikely). It is over, everything else is merely a formality.

I agree that she'll beat Trump. But that's because Trump is a disaster, its not a testament to Hillary's strength as a candidate.

I just don't like how people just brush off the e-mail controversy as ''no big deal'', because if the GOP had managed to nominate anyone remotely competent it would be a huge deal. She's extremely fortunate that the person she will be running against is universally loathed by almost everyone.

Honestly, 2012 Mitt Romney would have crushed Hillary.

boiled goose

good with gravy
This is the exact opposite of reality. Imagine if she went into the general pristine, and then Trump had the opportunity to bring up all these manufactured scandals with his brand of spin and emphasis. The more she goes through this stuff now, and the more public it is, the less ammunition he'll have against her later on.

Yup. You want progressive points in the media too. It will keep drawing a sharp contrast with republicans.
Any issues with Hillary have to be addressed NOW, not when it is risky in the general.

border

I think there's a 100% likelihood of Trump bringing up all of this stuff and more. He was talking about Monica Lewinsky in veiled terms in yesterday's press conference.

By then there's every possibility that this investigation or inquiry will have been concluded.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
What's missing is that the practice was common for previous SoS, both Rice and Powell had equivalent setups. Hell I believe they both used commercial private accounts.
And none of the emails sent to Clinton were classified at the time, iirc.

There have been more inquiries into brnghazi and Hillary's emails than Watergate and 9/11

I'm sick of people being apologists for this shit. I work in government, EVERYONE knows you can't do this. If I sent my work to my home address, I'd be fired on the spot and it's not even highly classified, just sensitive.

It doesn't matter if you're a "Bernie bro" or a Hillary supporter. This is at worst a felony, at best the sort of conduct that should disqualify you from having any further involvement with matters of national security.

If you think otherwise (or at least pretend to) I don't even know what to say to you.

If this is true, how come it wasn't an issue for every previous SOS? So you really think all the employees of the FBI, CIA, and government just went "Whoops, we're a bunch of morons that didn't know about this for decades!"

dLMN8R

I like Bernie Sanders. I'd happily vote for him in the general election. But I do think Clinton is the overall better candidate.

But regardless of that, the fact that some Sanders supporters happily regurgitate any Republican propaganda about Clinton is pretty shitty.

Flo_Evans

I think if there was something there Biden would already be running.

Still this is going to do nothing to help her even if she avoids jail.

I think if there was something there Biden would already be running.

Still this is going to do nothing to help her even if she avoids jail.

I'm almost positive Biden was ready to go at a moment's notice if there was actually something damning in the emails.

This was all calculated by the DNC and Hillary. They knew what was there, they knew the reception it would get, and decided to go ahead anyway. They wouldn't have did that if there were any legal problems that would arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom