• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League Official Heroes Trailer

I really hope this movie has character development and good pacing. Those are the things that Snyder needs to work on. I have no hope for the 3rd act though lol. I hope it's at least fun.

dmshaposv

I didnt like the grim-dark color grading before, but it seems like whedon decided to put a fucking red wash everywhere to bring up the color quotient and now it looks more tacky and budget sci-fi action tv show.

This movie is a fucking mess, only good character moments can save this.

yuraya

I'm not the one who brought a pitchfork

:D

Just based on the trailers alone Batman has had so many jokes. Pretty big difference compared to BvS where he only made fun of the journalists during that convo with Clark iirc.

I really hope this movie has character development and good pacing. Those are the things that Snyder needs to work on. I have no hope for the 3rd act though lol. I hope it's at least fun.

Does make me curious how it'll be all be structured, with abridged origins for Cyborg, Aquaman, and The Flash scattered in the first act. But I think people will be surprised by what's not shown in the trailers. It's unusual not to show all the big action and effects heavy scenes in trailers.

Harmen

Cyborg looks like part of a floating head on middling blockbuster cgi. But he looks nothing like a ps3 title. Or ps4 for that matter.

Theorry

Cyborg looking buff here.

oz5ed0tba7fq1xsg16e14hgse5.png

yQekxxb.jpg

MZefNHA.png

I didnt like the grim-dark color grading before, but it seems like whedon decided to put a fucking red wash everywhere to bring up the color quotient and now it looks more tacky and budget sci-fi action tv show.

This movie is a fucking mess, only good character moments can save this.

Yeah Whedon decided that Apokolips was red. :p

I was talking specifically about the MCU. The brand itself has become the star more so than what little substance there is in the movies. It's a money machine, and they're not even trying to be more than that. Deadpool is actually a pretty good example against the MCU since a movie like that would never come from their studio. They have a formula that consists of inoffensive movies with mostly similar beats and structure. Everyone knows that.

Marvel fans often make the success out to be more than it is. They're not in the business of having ambition in their filmmaking, stories or characters. It's really that stagnant game or movie series they hate on for being successful despite releasing the same piece of mediocrity year after year.

With the exception of RDJ's Stark, that whole roster is replaceable, and they eventually will be without much fuss.
I'm trying to fathom how someone watches this trailer of all things and then unironically rants about how "the other guy" is pumping out uninspired, generic, stagnant mediocrity.

These are comic book movies lol.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm trying to fathom how someone watches this trailer of all things and then unironically rants about how "the other guy" is pumping out uninspired, generic, stagnant mediocrity.

This is serious business bro. Pick a side.

Neophant

Pretty cool that these new TV spots and trailers show a little more footage. And I'm really glad that Gary Clark Jr. cover of Come Together is back as part of the music.

Double Toasted got the most important thing right, what Marvel has done that DC hasn't is make you care about the characters. You can nitpick their nitpicks all you want but they are 100% correct in that gripe and they aren't alone in that feeling.

I don't give a shit about anyone in the MCU lol if anyone died it would be like "k who's taking their place?"

BadAss2961

Fair point, but i've been in agreement with others in the DCEU community that Justice League clearly looks like the safest release yet. It was always going to be that way considering the material, but all the criticism pushed the studio further away from the creative freedom BvS had. It's even clearer now with all the extra smiles, jokes, and Whedon wrapping it up.

Say whatever about them, but Man of Steel and BvS weren't generic movies for the genre.

Poona

I hope Superman fans know he's in this, somewhat. Whilst I know it's great for the surprise and all, the fact he isn't being shown there may be some who have no idea he is in it.

This movie is going to kill it at the box office. It's basically a Marvel movie, and those all review and perform very well. Just look at how well Wonder Woman reviewed and performed for an idea of how DC films do when they make movies more like Marvel.

TARS

Neo Member
Still not a big fan of the excessive CGI but the more I watch the trailer, the more I like it. Hopefully it turns out decent.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I hope they all die at the end of the movie.
Then Barry runs back to the past and changes everything. Reset the whole thing. Bring back Superman with his original outfit. Ben afleck can leave and they can also have someone else be Batman here.

PBY

Banned
This movie is going to kill it at the box office. It's basically a Marvel movie, and those all review and perform very well. Just look at how well Wonder Woman reviewed and performed for an idea of how DC films do when they make movies more like Marvel.
I get the sense that this is going to get awful reviews. It looks so terrible.

Effect

So we're going to see Darkseid in this right? There is no way we don't right given how hard this seems to be leaning into Apokolips imagery?

Blader

So we're going to see Darkseid in this right? There is no way we don't right given how hard this seems to be leaning into Apokolips imagery?

Probably just a glimpse, like Thanos in the first Avengers. I think the movie was originally going to lean more heavily into Darkseid to set up a sequel, but Whedon reportedly cut that and made the ending less open-ended.

Holy shit I'm dead

See to me that says "I'm being kind because it's important that we work together, but you're kind of approaching a line that, if crossed, will get you hurt."

Of course, I have no context, but something about that doesn't say "cute". More like "Don't piss me off, Art."

Guess I'll have to wait until I see it.

Top Bottom