• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JYB doing mo-cap with Reuben Langdon. Working on DMC5?

TreIII

It could very well be console only if Nintendo or Sony picked it up.

If it was Nintendo, that much would be certain. But Sony seems to much more lenient with letting the devs have their games moonlight on PC, too, which is why I can imagine Capcom, SNKP, Bamco and Koei-Tecmo are just fine letting some of their wares be "Playstation-only" on console.

EDIT: GuardianE beat me to the punch this time~!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Agreed. But then again, I think Golnei and I are one of the few here who would like them to explore Eva some more.

I think a good deal of us would like to see Eva expanded on, but I think that she'd shine best in the Sparda prequel where she doesn't take any of Sparda's shit and Sparda falls for her no-nonsense attitude.

Sesha

I think a good deal of us would like to see Eva expanded on, but I think that she'd shine best in the Sparda prequel where she doesn't take any of Sparda's shit and Sparda falls for her no-nonsense attitude.

giphy.gif

This sounds like the story of how Naruto's parents met. No offense, I'm all for more Eva focus, but stuff like this sounds so lame. Since it usually is.

I still want the DMC version of father Alexander Anderson. Completely anti demon, considers Dante ann abomination and uses all sorts of crazy magic/sorcery to make it a challenging fight. Also uses traps that block uses of demonic powers or seals them.

Could be an interesting boss fight.
I want to see a weapon like Walter's wires(NSFW BLOOD) in a game too. But yah they can't have another human who wants to become a demon again, someone who is the exact opposite would be nice. I mean they have holy water in the game....

Hell give me a PG Hellsing game please...

TreIII

That's a possibility, certainly. But I would be just as pleased if Eva's legacy made for a plot point/story arc that gave Trish something more to do. You'd think that someone running around looking like the spitting image of Sparda's late wife would have generated more than passing interest to those who followed his legends more closely, like The Order. But such a thing has yet to be explored in universe.

Even more if Itsuno decided to cite Viewtiful Joe's Dante story and say it's Eva's spirit that inhabits the Perfect Amulet. It's like one of the few Kamiya-derived DMC lore/storybeat that Itsuno has yet to utilize!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
https://media.giphy.com/media/QNpU2rPKm2J68/giphy.gif

This sounds like the story of how Naruto's parents met. No offense, I'm all for more Eva focus, but stuff like this sounds so lame. Since it usually is.[/QUOTE]

It was more in jest than anything else. Still, subversion of Sparda's otherwise stolid demeanor is really a must, and Eva is probably the best way to do that.

Sparda's apprentices are a bunch of no name scrubs. Not good enough to even lick Dante's boots. Dante whooped them in the anime without even breaking a sweat.

And please no retread villains. Vergil can return as a supporting character and even as a boss fight but there needs to be a new over powered bad guy.
Yeah. I'm down for more Sparda family drama (and perhaps a Vergil redemption/rescue-from-Hell arc) because it's become the core of the series, but it needs a way to make villains seem like a genuine threat.

And yeah, Dante doesn't have a rogues gallery, he has a babes gallery.

I've said this before, but bringing Vergil into the fold would actually be fun because he's got reasons to have a complicated relationship with Nero, Dante, Lady, AND Trish.

Backflip

I'm answering here since the other thread was closed. But I can confirm that a new DMC game has been in development for a few months: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/57437-devil-may-cry-5-en-chantier-nous-vous-le-confirmons

My Editor in Chief was told a while ago that a new episoide is in development (we don't know if it's DMC 5 or a reboot or a remake, we only know that work is being done on a new game).

And for your information, the sources who told us about the game are the sames sources that told us (before anybody else knew about it) that Julien Merceron had left Konami: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/53481-julien-merceron-quitte-konami-vers-la-fin-des-jeux-aaa-conso

Rymuth

Will be an Xbox & PC exclusive. Just to fuck with fans even more.
I've long said that if one franchise that Capcom would be willing to lend to Phil Spencer, it's DMC. RE is too big to exclude one platform...but DMC? Capcom be "Yes, please, take away the development costs."

Sesha

It should be noted that SCEE's VP 3rd Party Publisher and Developer Relations used to work as SVP marketing for North America and Europe and senior director of marketing for Capcom. There's no way there's not gonna be a PS4 version.

I'm answering here since the other thread was closed. But I can confirm that a new DMC game has been in development for a few months: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/57437-devil-may-cry-5-en-chantier-nous-vous-le-confirmons

My Editor in Chief was told a while ago that a new episoide is in development (we don't know if it's DMC 5 or a reboot or a remake, we only know that work is being done on a new game).

And for your information, the sources who told us about the game are the sames sources that told us (before anybody else knew about it) that Julien Merceron had left Konami: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/53481-julien-merceron-quitte-konami-vers-la-fin-des-jeux-aaa-conso

I'm included to believe you. Verendus, who leaked SF5, FF15's name change and other things, mentioned in December 2014 and again before E3 that DMC5 was in development. Then there was Capcom's integrated report mentioning that new DMC titles are planned by FY2017, Itsuno mentioning this January that they were worked on a TBA project that we should be excited about, and Reuben Langdon has been working the DMC5 rumor mill by namedropping it at cons and so on for months. The mo-cap picture being up for a day before being taken down seems like a continuation of that.

But you should really ask your sources for more clarification. Is it DMC5 or something else, how long exactly has it been in development, has it been in pre-production/planning stages for a while, etc?

I've long said that if one franchise that Capcom would be willing to lend to Phil Spencer, it's DMC. RE is too big to exclude one platform...but DMC? Capcom be "Yes, please, take away the development costs."

People have been saying how developers would go to Microsoft for their money, but we're three years into this gen and a huge majority of third party Japanese games end up going with Sony or even Nintendo over Microsoft.

Sesha

All of these random sites are just reporting on each other, though. Their facts are off as well. They mention Kobayashi in October saying there were no plans for DMC or Dragon's Dogma, but they fail to mention that he said the same thing about Sengoku Basara, and yet there was a SB game announced just two months later in December.

Top Bottom