• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Dice.. here's your chance

He will have to scrub up a bit.

sy4Jr.gif

Ugh at AKP having popups.

Mw5Qc.jpg

Big Bang‘s charismatic rapper T.O.P has a a $2.6 million dollar villa to his name, which he purchased last year. This villa is famous for being a ‘honey moon’ home, and he and actor Jung Jun Ho as well as singer Lee Hyori are residents of the same neighborhood. T.O.P’s villa consists of 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The home boasts the finest interior and looks over the Han River.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
ROFL that random-ass intro with the most unimpressive shuffling. At least some of Co-Ed got to get out of the house, lol.

T-ara is definitely dialing it in now. It always shows so strong with them.

Deadly

There are a ton of people on the Gaf DOTA with Kpop names, its actually pretty surreal. But this thread must have a ton of lurkers. 5k posts and 240k views. Even if each of us were viewing this thread 25 times between posts, it still leaves 115k views unaccounted for.
I remember I was on mumble once playing and someone was "oh sorry I was checking the kpop thread". First time with dota2-gaf though so I don't know who it was on voice alone. There's also Hyunahthehottest and empresschoisooyoung that come to mind.

Alta1r

I had a vaguely serious rumble with a Taiwanese kid at school over that. I was just poking fun, but he got so mad.

LOL yeah taiwanese kids are like that

................what is this

Taeyeon doing a cameo in some TV-show.(I think)

o0o0o cool, she looks amazing in those pictures. Would be awesome if she went on running man again.

i really wish articles like this would stop popping up: Possibility Of TVXQ Reunion Through Avex

still a bit bitter that they split cause i really liked them but yeah i hate crap like this that gives me some hope only for it to be crushed later :(
yeah im a bit of a fanboy for TVXQ lol

new taengoo selca?
tumblr_lyb6u5w0gT1qmdd9xo1_500.jpg

Peru

Sure, but I think they clamped down on fan cams pretty thoroughly because the professional footage is being released on a dvd with her Japanese debut single. And it was in a classical, seated theater hall.

///

Pitter-patter blabla was a bit of a mess. Identical with WGM except for embarassing live performances.

///

Why the fRACK was Uee present in the swimming hall but did not participate in the contest? The only conceivable reason is that she'd be guaranteed to get a better time than the best guys.

Who's Eraldo? I was playing Dota 2 and someone noticed my username and avatar and thought I was him :eek:

Hello, good sir! I am Eraldo.

Also Boram Aegyo video :D So Cute <3

and lol @ Yamato still being salty about not being able to see Eunjung.
I'm still salty about not being able to go on my date with Boram. *Flips Table*

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Yeah, has to be the real Yoona. I mean, i wasn't buying it until i saw "Book it, son." That pretty much proves it.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Now all we need are the rest of the members to create some sort of Neogaf super group. I'll be the first to join their fanclub <3

We don't plan on forming a group with our own members but we did start our own label. Our first group is a vampire-themed boy group. We decided on the name "Twi-light" We feel that this group will be a fresh of breath air when it comes to the constant stream of debuts this year. Watchout Big Bang, we're coming for you.

20120120_twilight_1.jpg

JKTrix

I hope something amazing happens real soon so I don't have to see Sal's GIF at the top of the page every time I click the thread.

In the meantime: Running Man 78!

Peru

For New Yorkers, the NYU's EMP Pop Conference in March has a K-pop panel http://www.empmuseum.org/education/index.asp?categoryID=26&ccID=126&panelDate=3/23/2012#9:00

Drawing on writers from heterodox economist Ha-Joon Chang to cross-cultural theorist Kwame Appiah, and focusing on girl groups like SNSD, 2NE1 and T-ara, this paper explores the intersections between globalist K-pop and the megalopolis exporting it, particularly those that meet at Gender Blvd. I examine how South Korea's opaque labels have adapted the Detroit model (Fordist/Gordyist), compare Western-influenced representations of the archetypal club to Seoul's actually existing nightlife, and consider the implications of its fraught geopolitical position. The polycultural nature of K-pop owes much to Seoul's own liminality, but liberation is not the only thing that ambiguity makes possible. A thrilling musical entrepôt can also be an occupied garrison.

-- among other k-pop topics.

We don't plan on forming a group with our own members but we did start our own label. Our first group is a vampire-themed boy group. We decided on the name "Twi-light" We feel that this group will be a fresh of breath air when it comes to the constant stream of debuts this year. Watchout Big Bang, we're coming for you.

Wow I had no idea these guys debuted 5 months ago, I thought they were rookies. They'd better have a song that is leaps and bounds above the one that they debuted with if they don't want to be buried under EXO, B.A.P, NU'EST, etc.

Edgeward

Time to just bookmark the subscription page. Getting harder to find this since the mods decided to do a big dump of gaming OTs into the ghetto all of a sudden. It's just no longer a place for kpop and fightin games anymore.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Whoa, you always went to the actual community forum to find this? Subscription page is my home page. Only way to do it. Makes it so much easier to keep track of your favorite threads.

Deadly

Whoa, you always went to the actual community forum to find this? Subscription page is my home page. Only way to do it. Makes it so much easier to keep track of your favorite threads.
Agreed! Having to find a thread that you visit frequently everytime sounds like a pain in the ass. But this thread is pretty active anyways I'm sure it's on the first page of community most of the time?

vanty

I almost pissed myself when I clicked on this tweet.

7A0TP.jpg

Someone post a YouTube video of her, I can't remember what her name is or anything ahaha.

Alta1r

I almost pissed myself when I clicked on this tweet.

7A0TP.jpg

Someone post a YouTube video of her, I can't remember what her name is or anything ahaha.

Lol, dat voice.

I just keep the tab open. One for kpop, one for the funny pics thread, one for all other gaf navigation, lol.

Edgeward

I liked going to the actual page to see what other topics are active and just take a peek and see what is discussed among the community, and it wasnt hard at sll before since this thread was one of the few constantly active topics in community

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
ROFL. This is from Nicole Goes to College. She was trying to pick a major and thought she'd check out veterinary school.

nIVuA.gif

XaBWo.gif

xhXN6.gif

QBInl.gif

vR4iW.gif

TepL2.gif

sXSq5.gif

SuperGyuri to the rescue!

BwcFr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom