• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Supreme Edition - $60 for XB1, $50 for PC (Includes All Seasons)

Eoyote

Neo Member
I'd buy this if I were sure it would be the final edition. It sure will be nice once they finish developing this game so I can play it!

jbug617

Banned
What sucks for me is that I bought Shadow Jago as part of the $20 community drive...but I have way to claim it since I don't have an Xbone.

You had to buy it from a Microsoft account. Sign in with your gamertag and it should be there.
If I owned Killer Instinct Season 1 or 2, but have since sold my Xbox One, do I have to do anything special to make my content show up on the Windows 10 version?

Content purchased on the Xbox One will work on the Windows 10 version of Killer Instinct as long as you are signed in with your Gamertag which originally purchased said content. However, if you have an existing save file on Xbox One, and you wish to transfer your progress over to Windows 10, you WILL need to log in to and play Killer Instinct when the Season 3 update has launched from an Xbox One in order to properly migrate your save to Windows 10.

What sucks for me is that I bought Shadow Jago as part of the $20 community drive...but I have way to claim it since I don't have an Xbone.

Your content should all be there provided you use the same Gamertag. It's just your save data that will be lost if you don't sign in to an XB1 before PC.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'd buy this if I were sure it would be the final edition. It sure will be nice once they finish developing this game so I can play it!

It's a tourney fighter first and foremost... when you play it doesn't matter

Hell yeah, right as I'm getting my Xbone too! This is perfect. +1 sale tomorrow once my new console is set up!

I think you mean in 6 days lol

KingBroly

Banned
You had to buy it from a Microsoft account. Sign in with your gamertag and it should be there.

Well, that I did.

But going over the instructions for that stuff makes me think I'd need to sign into XBL and KI to get access to him. And unfortunately, I don't have a friend with an Xbone :(

But, we'll see on Friday. Now if they just let me pre-load.

Femto.

Still no crossbuy?

I really hope for them that it's going to be implemented soon enough.

It is if you have an Xbox One where you can get the Season 3 update.

I don't have an XB1 anymore, am I SOL for my season 1 stuff?

Guess I'll be buying the supreme edition now lol

jbug617

Banned
Sounds like it's only the xbox one version that's cross buy like QB so be careful if you're buying it on PC and want both versions.

That doesn't seem to be crossbuy, just a free copy of the PC version if you own the XB1's. If it was both price would be the same.

From Iron Galaxy Twitter
https://twitter.com/IToTheG/status/712835484838395907
@IToTheG: @iamironwolf Yes. Any piece of content you own on XBOX One will work on Windows 10 and vice-versa.

If you are using the same gamertag where you purchased S1. When you sign into the PC version with the same gamertag, your content will show up.

The Flash

Banned
That doesn't seem to be crossbuy, just a free copy of the PC version if you own the XB1's. If it was both price would be the same.

THE GAME IS CROSSBUY

Well, that I did.

But going over the instructions for that stuff makes me think I'd need to sign into XBL and KI to get access to him. And unfortunately, I don't have a friend with an Xbone :(

But, we'll see on Friday. Now if they just let me pre-load.

I'll be your friend

DopeyFish

Guess I'll be buying the supreme edition now lol

You'll lose your save but you'll have what you bought

Femto.

If you are using the same gamertag where you purchased S1. When you sign into the PC version with the same gamertag, your content will show up.
You'll lose your save but you'll have what you bought

Cool, I can deal with that, thanks.

I'll probably still buy the supreme edition since I never got S2.
Would that cause any error since I'm buying season 1 again?

DopeyFish

I mean in that it's one way cross buy (or in simpler terms, buy xbox one, get win10 free), not that you get a code.

That link only mentions your xbox one characters transferring over to the win10 versions of the game, nothing about it going both ways.

It's both ways. The only reason everything is referencing xbox one to pc is no one owns the pc version yet.

Zee-Row

Banned
What is up with Kim Wu's in game model? She looks so lifeless. Her Janet Jackson look in KI2 had way more personality.

The Flash

Banned
Cool, I can deal with that, thanks.

I'll probably still buy the supreme edition since I never got S2.
Would that cause any error since I'm buying season 1 again?

Shouldn't. I bought the Season 1 and 2 Ultras after I bought the standard editions I didn't have any problems then.

Yoday

I'm glad there is just a $20 version. I couldn't care less about costume colors and accessories, I just want the fighters. I have the ultimate editions of S1 and S2 because of GWG and the sale last week, and even then I just leave everything at default.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
that's a nice deal, I wish they would extend a discount to people who purchased both ultra editions before.

TDLink

So Season 1 and Season 2 characters are not available by default on PC, right? You have to buy them still?

DopeyFish

So Season 1 and Season 2 characters are not available by default on PC, right? You have to buy them still?

That's the supreme edition... $50 gives you every character except shadow jago (community fund bonus)

Model still the same as xbox one, but with a good buy in on everything

joe2187

Banned
Im excited to play Kim Wu....

but man do Tusks and Wu's character models look rough. Not that the costume design for any of the KI characters have been stellar (Schoolgirl Riptor and House Party TJ not withstanding) but man could they have done alot better.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Excellent deal for the new comers, my friend is gonna be all over this he's been waiting for a be all end all KI bundle.

Trup1aya

I can't imagine that they'll stop adding content before the end of this console generation. The games business model requires constant updates, really.

You can pay $60 now and get a damn good, content loaded fighter. Or you could just pick and choose the characters you like and save some cash.

stn

Why does Tusk look so weird? Shame they effed up his look, still looking forward to season 3.

TDLink

Just buying season 3 doesn't mean you get the previous games for free.

That's the supreme edition... $50 gives you every character except shadow jago (community fund bonus)

Model still the same as xbox one, but with a good buy in on everything

Got it. For some reason I thought the PC version would just come with Season 1 and 2. But I understand why they did it this way. Still, $50 for everything seems like a good deal.

EDIT: Wait so how do I get Shadow Jago then?

The Flash

Banned
Got it. For some reason I thought the PC version would just come with Season 1 and 2. But I understand why they did it this way. Still, $50 for everything seems like a good deal.

EDIT: Wait so how do I get Shadow Jago then?

The next time IG makes him available a.k.a. To Be Determined.

shandy706

I'll buy it when it gets a physical release, my dad would love this game.

I'm sure he would.

If anyone is worried about playing this game it's very easy to learn and get into. It's VERY deep too if you learn the ins-and-outs.

For example..

AliveBigheartedKentrosaurus.gif

...my 8 year old daughter last night. I love watching her play. She loves Street Fighter and Killer Instinct. So proud, lol.

We do not. If S3 does really well than it's entirely possible that there will be another season.

There may be additional seasons... but in context of a disc, it would just be a season pass

One of the devs on stream mentioned they're thinking of ranking resets per season... that kind of implies they don't think they're done yet

Well, makes sense. Can't think of a new (or a returning) first party Xbox IP, other than the big three, that actually got the greenlight for a "sequel". PDZ, Banjo, Kameo, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and the list goes on. Can only think of PGR and Crackdown and one of them is dead. If this seasonal business model works for them to keep the IP alive through support, so be it. Season xyz >>>> no sequel at all.

that's great but no way im buying this if it's not on steam

So it wasnt on platform you owned before, so you didnt buy it, ok that makes sense. Then it finally after 2+ years comes to the platform you apparently own, and you wont buy it because its only sold on the windows store? uhhh what? haha.

I've been waiting for this on PC for ages, but I feel like I'm drowning in games right now.

Will definitely bite on the Supreme PC edition when I can.

vg260

I hope that doesnt happen anytime soon, nor do most people who have actually been playing the game the last couple years. I prefer a game I like to have years of support, especially one trying to grow the community.

Top Bottom