• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Supreme Edition - $60 for XB1, $50 for PC (Includes All Seasons)

Gowans

$50 for everything in Seasons 1, 2 & 3 is a steal for new starters on PC.
I thought it would be that for the none ultimate stuff.

$50 for everything in Seasons 1, 2 & 3 is a steal for new starters on PC.
I thought it would be that for the none ultimate stuff.

I will be grabbing this (in spite of win10 store). I just want the whole weirdness concerning gamertag/account/win10 account stuff to be cleared. Cross-buy is confusing. As a result, and due to win 10 store in the immediate future, I will wait a bit.

I will get it in due time though!

Shirakani

Banned
I want this, but I refuse to buy it on Windows store.

Very large part of me wants it to flop and flop hard so they'll be forced to put it on other platforms like Steam or GOG.

Steam preferred.

Skab

Does include shadow jago? I assume not but just clarifying.

What sucks for me is that I bought Shadow Jago as part of the $20 community drive...but I have way to claim it since I don't have an Xbone.

yes you do. Just claim the code on the Xbox store.

Nice. I hope to see a lot of new comers in the next several month :) Best fighting game ive been a part of.

And hey look, you also get Conker!!!

Rash_Accessories_Retro_Rarewear.png

TheYanger

Very large part of me wants it to flop and flop hard so they'll be forced to put it on other platforms like Steam or GOG.

Steam preferred.

That's not how any of that works. If the game flops it's never getting released elsewhere. God forbid anyone but based Valve have a storefront.

pitchfork

I'm LTTP on KI, but after getting S1 ultra on GwG and picking up S2 ultra on sale last week for a tenner I've completely fallen in love with it!

Pre-ordered S3 ultra last night : )

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Steam preferred.

it's a budget game. if it flops it disappears forever and the IP goes back into 20+ year darkness

derFeef

Steam preferred.

If it flops they are not going to bother releasing it to more storefronts. It needs to get popular, then maybe, there is a chance.

Zedox

Steam preferred.

If it dies on PC, it will stay dead...not go somewhere else, it doesn't work that way.

pitchfork

If it flops they are not going to bother releasing it to more storefronts. It needs to get popular, then maybe, there is a chance.

How popular is it in general?

As I mentioned i'm LTTP, so haven't really kept up with the community, but its such a great game I hope it gets the success it deserves

El Sabroso

Steam preferred.

even there, can download for free, since basically what you are purchasing is the DLC, can try full version with one character, you don't have to lose anything if the PC version flops, which I doubt since it will be a cross play title

Mupod

Steam preferred.

Don't hold your breath. I'm still waiting for Hydro Thunder Hurricane. Hell it feels like I'm the only one who even knows that got a PC port.

Piccoro

Windows 10 version does not include Killer Instinct Classic & Killer Instinct 2 Classic for Xbox One

This and the lack of Shadow Jago are making me have second thoughts about getting it on Win 10... :/

Don't hold your breath. I'm still waiting for Hydro Thunder Hurricane. Hell it feels like I'm the only one who even knows that got a PC port.
No you're not. I bought all MS Hydro Thunder games. Hurricane on both 360 and PC and even Go on Windows Phone.

It's time for a new one.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
This and the lack of Shadow Jago are making me have second thoughts about getting it on Win 10... :/

Shadow jago isn't available on either platform right now... i assume they'll open him up again, probably with the next shadow character they're planning (probably orchid)

They should just roll him into the complete edition though and put him up for a cheap price for everyone else... it's kind of giving people who own him a bit of an unfair advantage due to inability to easily work on the matchup (and he's a tough character to fight against)

VariantX

I'll never understand this mentality for fighting games

Because some people don't view fighters as evolving products, even though it's mostly been that way since their inception. They're meant to be played for years, not just in the space of a single year where they're suddenly rendered irrelevant in the wake of the next yearly installment.

vg260

Shadow jago isn't available on either platform right now... i assume they'll open him up again, probably with the next shadow character they're planning (probably orchid)

They should just roll him into the complete edition though and put him up for a cheap price for everyone else... it's kind of giving people who own him a bit of an unfair advantage due to inability to easily work on the matchup (and he's a tough character to fight against)

From posts on the forum asking about this, it sounds like they have a plan, but are telling people to stay tuned...sigh.

Keasar

Because some people don't view fighters as evolving products, even though it's mostly been that way since their inception. They're meant to be played for years, not just in the space of a single year where they're suddenly rendered irrelevant in the wake of the next yearly installment.

And a lot of people rather not deal with constant yearly instalments where unlike games like Call of Duty who does complete new games every time, releases a new version of the same game with 2 new fighters and asks for 60 USD. To most people, that should be released as DLC, for good reasons.

derFeef

How popular is it in general?

As I mentioned i'm LTTP, so haven't really kept up with the community, but its such a great game I hope it gets the success it deserves

It's very popular among KI players. That sums it up pretty good I think, but I am not knowledgable about the FGC in general. It just pisses me off when people always forget about KI when they talk about fighting games, especially since SFV seems like a mess.

There was a podcast where they were hating on it's training mode, or lack tehereof. And say things like "when will fighting games get good with teaching how to play?" Uhm, hello.. KI!

I should have waited to purchase, I started to purchase the game on Xbox since it was cross buy. I could have saved some money.
Well I can't complain, I got season 1 for free from Cstyles and bought season 2 on sale.

Salty Hippo

This is an amazing decision from IG and MS. I expected to pay about 50 for the three basic versions on PC, but this is just incredible. Well done, guys.

KingBroly

Banned
The game runs at 90fps under the hood, with rollback. It puts every other fighting game to shame with its' netcode. There might be 1 out of every 1,000 matches with noticeable framerate drops/rollback.

I think I'll probably pick up the PC bundle; I honestly did not expect a bundle like this to be priced that reasonably. However, like several other people in this thread, I am apprehensive about the W10 Store, so I'll probably wait and see how well it actually works before putting down money.

Dinjoralo

So... Should we add eachother to our live account whatever friends lists? That seems like a good idea. My ID's Dinjoralo, like always.

tsab

If I buy this from Windows Store for 50$, am I entitled to the 2 old arcade classics on XboxOne with the crossbuy feature?
I don't own a XboxOne yet

Dinjoralo

If I buy this from Windows Store for 50$, am I entitled to the 2 old arcade classics on XboxOne with the crossbuy feature?

Nope. The reason it's cheaper is because it doesn't include the arcade games.

I don't think so. It's $60 on Xbox One because it comes with those I believe.

Edit: beaten

Glad that it's free to play... not about to drop $50 on the game when it's unsure my PS3 stick is going to work even with third party software

Zedox

If you are planning on buying an Xbox One. Just buy the Xbox One version and then you'll have both. $10 more and you'll get everything you want.

Cross-buy = The Future. :)

Top Bottom