• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Supreme Edition - $60 for XB1, $50 for PC (Includes All Seasons)

73V3N

Banned
Then you ain't buyin it.

no shit sherlock

So it wasnt on platform you owned before, so you didnt buy it, ok that makes sense. Then it finally after 2+ years comes to the platform you apparently own, and you wont buy it because its only sold on the windows store? uhhh what? haha.

my experience with the windows store is HORRIBLE, so i won't buy it there.
uhhh what? am i supposed to keep giving them money for their trash platform?

RM8

Do you guys think I'll enjoy this if I don't enjoy super-long-combo focused games like Marvel or anime fighters? It kind of looks more Marvel than SF...

The Flash

Banned
But how much is that version? Maybe I missed it, but I just see the $50 and $60 versions. I don't want to pay that much when I just want a character or two.

I don't know. All I know is that there is a free character that you can play as that rotates every week (or month they might have changed it to month). That is the free "version". If you actually want to own a character and not buy any of the bundles then you will have to pay $5 for that 1 character.

Do you guys think I'll enjoy this if I don't enjoy super-long-combo focused games like Marvel or anime fighters? It kind of looks more Marvel than SF...

That's why there's combo breakers.

no shit sherlock

my experience with the windows store is HORRIBLE, so i won't buy it there.
uhhh what? am i supposed to keep giving them money for their trash platform?

If you want to play it? yeah.

Same with any EA or Blizzard game.

That sucks that your experience so far has been horrible, hopefully they fix it.

Kent

Kinda depends, why don't you enjoy them?

Because KI is quite different due to how its combos are structured (using a simple, easy-to-understand structure for combos that's universal across all characters), and the fact that they're still a two-way interaction (you can break combos, and counter-break combos - both rely on some amount of prediction and/or reaction). Starting and doing a combo isn't free damage, as a result.

But even then, the game itself is free to download, and you'll get access to all game modes with whatever free character is in rotation, to try it out. That includes all of the training modes (though I think the dojo will still be Jago-only at the start of Season 3 - which is the mode that teaches really well how this, and fighting games in general, work).

I'm so happy more people get to experience this wonderful game and that Supreme Edition is a fucking steal at $50! I've paid about $80 for everything and I regret nothing. KI is worth every penny.

Sydle

I've payed $100 for this game already (S1 Ultra, S2 Ultra, and Shago) and I'm good with this, because it's more inviting for new players.

You're getting a lot of game for $50. Do it!

The Flash

Banned
Whew. What comes in the Ultra this time? $20 worth of skins?

Retro Color 7 for all Season 3 characters - everyone else tops at Retro Color 6
Lifetime Double XP Booster - stackable
18,000 KI Gold - $40 value (the devs have repeatedly said that there will be something later on in the season that will make use of the gold. Right now it's used mostly for unlocking cosmetic items if you don't want to rank up for them.)
All costumes and accessories

Dinjoralo

Cool, I had a feeling it'd be cheaper on PC. And with cross buy, xbone users can get the cheaper price too by buying it on the windows store, which requires Windows 10! It all works out for Microsoft in the end.

Kinda sucks that the classic games aren't included, but I have zero qualms with downloading roms of games that old.

SlashX

Man those characters in the screenshots look ROUGH. I guess this is one of those games that looks good in motion. I mean Tusk looks like he belongs on ReBoot. Not sure when I'll ever get to play this.

Man those characters in the screenshots look ROUGH. I guess this is one of those games that looks good in motion. I mean Tusk looks like he belongs on ReBoot. Not sure when I'll ever get to play this.

I wonder when Iron Galaxy took over with the character designs? So many characters look amazing and then the quality just dropped off a cliff.
Definitely picking up the PC version. Hope additional characters look better than Tusk, yeesh.

Lol, you know what I ment but I actually still have my og black cart. Wish I knew where Killer Kutz was Id be bumpin that shit right now.

Killa....... yeah yeah yeah

KI to me has never looked good in pics, it's one of those games that shine in motion IMO.

Dinjoralo

KI to me has never looked good in pics, it's one of those games that shine in motion IMO.

To be honest, the game doesn't look that great in motion from what I've seen. Or maybe I'm just spoiled by how slick SFV's animations are, but I will say it looks better in motion than SFIV, even if that doesn't mean much.

RM8

Looking better in motion doesn't mean the faces aren't on the rough side :p

Kinda depends, why don't you enjoy them?

Because KI is quite different due to how its combos are structured (using a simple, easy-to-understand structure for combos that's universal across all characters), and the fact that they're still a two-way interaction (you can break combos, and counter-break combos - both rely on some amount of prediction and/or reaction). Starting and doing a combo isn't free damage, as a result.

But even then, the game itself is free to download, and you'll get access to all game modes with whatever free character is in rotation, to try it out. That includes all of the training modes (though I think the dojo will still be Jago-only at the start of Season 3 - which is the mode that teaches really well how this, and fighting games in general, work).
I've played a bit of practice mod on a friend's XB1, I liked what I played, but it worried me that actual competitive play might be too Marvel-ish for me. I'm absolutely going to buy it, though :p I'll give it a proper chance.

Defect

Lol, you know what I ment but I actually still have my og black cart. Wish I knew where Killer Kutz was Id be bumpin that shit right now.

Killa....... yeah yeah yeah
Yeah I still have mine too. My Killer Cuts is somewhere in my room. I should look for it tomorrow!

derFeef

So if I got both Ultra editions already, I only would need to buy the combo breaker edition to have everything on PC then, right?
edit: I guess!

Retro Color 7 for all Season 3 characters - everyone else tops at Retro Color 6
Lifetime Double XP Booster - stackable
18,000 KI Gold - $40 value (the devs have repeatedly said that there will be something later on in the season that will make use of the gold. Right now it's used mostly for unlocking cosmetic items if you don't want to rank up for them.)
All costumes and accessories

Yea....gonna sit Ultra edition out this time around. None of that impresses me in the slightest.

Uraizen

Banned
But how much is that version? Maybe I missed it, but I just see the $50 and $60 versions. I don't want to pay that much when I just want a character or two.

They said on their stream you download it for free and buy everything via the in-game store. You have at least one character to play with, but I have no idea who it is. You can try out the online and all that good stuff.

They said on their stream you download it for free and buy everything on the in-game store supposedly. You have at least one character to play with, but I have no idea who it is. You can try out the online and all that good stuff.

The free character rotates. I'm not sure how often they rotate it these days but I think it used to every 2 weeks.

Top Bottom