• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Supreme Edition - $60 for XB1, $50 for PC (Includes All Seasons)

tariniel

Really looking forward to trying it! I'll probably try the free PC version before I drop any money though. I've been burned by one too many bad PC ports to do any pre-ordering. Very curious how the netcode and crossplay is on the PC version.

The good news is it can't be much worse than SFV was (is).

tsab

Nope. The reason it's cheaper is because it doesn't include the arcade games.

I don't think so. It's $60 on Xbox One because it comes with those I believe.

Edit: beaten

If you are planning on buying an Xbox One. Just buy the Xbox One version and then you'll have both. $10 more and you'll get everything you want.

Cross-buy = The Future. :)

Thanks for the quick reply. I want the KI Arcade Classics for XBone (to play them some day) so I may fork 60$ and buy it from Xbox Market

pitchfork

It's very popular among KI players. That sums it up pretty good I think, but I am not knowledgable about the FGC in general. It just pisses me off when people always forget about KI when they talk about fighting games, especially since SFV seems like a mess.

There was a podcast where they were hating on it's training mode, or lack tehereof. And say things like "when will fighting games get good with teaching how to play?" Uhm, hello.. KI!

I'll do my best to spread the word with me mates on Xbox!

Its an excellent fighting game!

Justinh

Nice. I hope to see a lot of new comers in the next several month :) Best fighting game ive been a part of.

And hey look, you also get Conker!!!

Rash_Accessories_Retro_Rarewear.png

If only he could piss on his opponent...
(I'm totally digging that fro)

Only the Season 3 Ultra Edition for me. I paid 40 clams for both Seasons 1 and 2 Ultra eds and I don't regret it one bit, but this is great for people just buying into it on PC.

Ferrio

Banned
I'll be snagging all 3 seasons on PC. I've always despised the KI franchise, but I figured I'd give this game an honest shot. At worst I won't like it, but atleast I'll be able to understand wtf is going on during EVO matches.

Edzi

I don't understand the problem some people have with this not being on steam. I'm not too familiar with what people's issues are with the windows store, but as long as it allows me to buy and finally play the game, I don't see the problem.

At $50 for all the content, it's pretty much a steal too. I just hope the cross play works well on day one.

Zedox

I don't understand the problem some people have with this not being on steam. I'm not too familiar with what people's issues are with the windows store, but as long as it allows me to buy and finally play the game, I don't see the problem.

At $50 for all the content, it's pretty much a steal too. I just hope the cross play works well on day one.

I understand people's concerns. What I would do if I were them (who have an issue with it) is just download the free version. Play it to your hearts content, you lose nothing. Wait for the platform to have features that you deem necessary and then buy it when it does. But trying out something for free and using the free version does no harm.

My opinion anyways.

Dinjoralo

The windows store is just really bad as a storefront, and many people are opposing it due to Microsoft possibly trying to replace the current standards for windows applications (Win32) with new ones that they have more control over (UWP), which the store plays into.

I'll never understand this mentality for fighting games
Me either. I mean I get wanting a physical version of the game (even if that's not my preference), but fighters, especially nowadays, are rarely ever "complete". Even in the old days, you never knew when the next incremental "Super" or "Ultimate" version was around the corner to ask you to pay full price again.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I pray that my season 1 content I got with GwG carries over to the PC version.

I pray that my season 1 content I got with GwG carries over to the PC version.

It does but I think you will still need a Gold sub to have access to it? You need one on Xbox One to access that content, not sure if it would be any different for the Windows 10 version even with cross-buy

Warxard

Banned

No one wants to use the W10 store because the interface is shit, the lack of support to improve a game by the consumer's own means is shit, and UWP is shit.

It's not that hard to think about and that will always be a barrier for the rest of W10's lifespan.

It's a good thing KI is like, free on PC too.

Edzi

No one wants to use the W10 store because the interface is shit, the lack of support to improve a game by the consumer's own means is shit, and UWP is shit.

It's not that hard to think about and that will always be a barrier for the rest of W10's lifespan.

It's a good thing KI is like, free on PC too.

Wait, a major concern is that you can't mod games? That's it? Why not just think of it as having an Xbox One on your PC, which is how I've always looked at it? I dunno, I guess it's just hard for me to relate when these are mostly Xbox exclusives that I wouldn't get the chance to play otherwise, and hearing people say they'd rather not touch them unless they come to Steam just sounds silly.

Being UWP means that game has forced always on V-sync, cannot support mods, and a plethora of other issues.

I can understand people being upset that they lose the options they'd expect on PC, but I guess I just have trouble with the "all or nothing" approach. The game is a Microsoft exclusive and we didn't have another way to play it outside of playing on Xbox until now, and the only real restrictions with playing it on PC seem to be simulating a home console environment which I don't find too egregious when all I want to do is play KI.

Being UWP means that game has forced always on V-sync, cannot support mods, and a plethora of other issues.

yyr

Damn so if I already have season 1 ultra edition, buying the supreme edition would still be cheaper than buying season 2 and 3 ultra edition separately? The fuck.

Wait for a sale. I just got s2 ultra for $13 just this past week. They go on sale from time to time...you just have to watch for it.

Warxard

Banned
Wait, a major concern is that you can't mod games? That's it? Why not just think of it as having an Xbox One on your PC, which is how I've always looked at it? I dunno, I guess it's just hard for me to relate when these are mostly Xbox exclusives that I wouldn't get the chance to play otherwise, and hearing people say they'd rather not touch them unless they come to Steam just sounds silly.

People don't want a console experience on PC

in.

if I buy the supreme edition, do I get seasons 1 and 2 immediately?

Yep

Pejo

Gold Member
Cool, I'm in for this. I've been holding off even after buying my Xbone waiting to see if cross-buy was going to happen, now I have no regrets.

Trey

Dude.

It literally says that in the title of this thread.

I meant if I bought the supreme edition today, right now, would seasons 1 and 2 unlock for me today, right now, instead of March 29th. But it looks like I can't even buy the supreme edition until the 29th, any way.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
It does but I think you will still need a Gold sub to have access to it? You need one on Xbox One to access that content, not sure if it would be any different for the Windows 10 version even with cross-buy

Worse comes to worst, I have a 1 month sub lying around.

TheYanger

I will be grabbing this (in spite of win10 store). I just want the whole weirdness concerning gamertag/account/win10 account stuff to be cleared. Cross-buy is confusing. As a result, and due to win 10 store in the immediate future, I will wait a bit.

I will get it in due time though!

What weirdness? Your xbox live account is tied to your windows account, you run the xbox app on win 10 and it literally just logs you into your XBL. So I guess mostly: How is crossbuy confusing at all? You buy it on your XBL account, you own it on both systems.

Top Bottom