• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 (3D), screenshots, video, info BLOWOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
SolidSnakex said:
Are these old?

ilyqte.jpg

1y7as5.jpg

Those 2 are great. Fantastic concepts for the faction leaders. I might be alone on this one, but Im happy to see a helghan with a moustache. Ive always imagined helghans as bald and nothing more. :lol

Im getting a distinct russian influence from the first one.

Wasnt there something about hair/facial hair having some "superior" meaning in the Killzone universe?

Hydrargyrus

highluxury said:
Those 2 are great. Fantastic concepts for the faction leaders. I might be alone on this one, but Im happy to see a helghan with a moustache. Ive always imagined helghans as bald and nothing more. :lol

Im getting a distinct russian influence from the first one.

Helghast are nazi communists

FJxqbtxVcoi1uvspLCwKHaaOo1_500.jpg

I was playing KZ2 earlier today and noticed that instead of a controller symbol by my name, I had a red fist? I've never noticed this before. What does it mean?

KZObsessed

CrushDance said:
I was playing KZ2 earlier today and noticed that instead of a controller symbol by my name, I had a red fist? I've never noticed this before. What does it mean?

Someone voted to kick you :p

it was meeeeeeeeeeeee

Probably a odd comment to make but I am digging the radio chatter and the dialogue more in that first vid than almost everything anyone said in KZ2. Feels more authentic.

KZObsessed

haha Sev's placeholder voice, sounds like it's probably one of the developers doing it :p

Probably tiddles doing it, that man's a chameleon!

Animation system looks incredible, as expected, nothing else comes close. I'm still disappointed how poor enemy animations are in most shooters. RAGE's enemy animation is the only other one that's impressed me, looks great too.

JB1981

BruceLeeRoy said:
Probably a odd comment to make but I am digging the radio chatter and the dialogue more in that first vid than almost everything anyone said in KZ2. Feels more authentic.

Agreed 100%

Slightly concerned about the comment in the Qore episode about trying to satisfy the run-and-gunners. I really enjoyed the methodical gunplay in KZ2 and would be disheartened to see that fall away in favour of a head first guns blazing type of gameplay.

Hopefully run-and-gun will only really be an option for lower difficulties and that the difficulty curve is defined by more intelligent A.I rather than more accurate A.I.

alr1ghtstart said:

Uncharted 2 was a real game changer with the character-driven storytelling. It used to be the case that a great game could have a sloppy storyline with sloppy dialogue. Naughty Dog did the story and script so well, every game from now on will be held against that kind of quality. Games in the future won't be able to get away with sloppiness. They raised the bar in that sense. And now we have to step it up in those departments.

[...]

Going back to your influences from Uncharted 2 and God of War III, were there any specific aspects or features from those games that really wowed you and pushed you guys further?

Steven
: The helicopter chase in Uncharted 2 that was revealed in E3 2009 where the building collapsed was a big one. That was a magnificent piece of gameplay. It really showed off what the experience of playing Uncharted would be like. I knew right then that I had to play it.

For God of War III, it was having bosses on top of bosses on top of bosses. It's so over the top but so well-executed at the same time. One of the cool moments is where you defeat Posidon as the scene changes to the first person view of your victim and you're still Kratos, but you're at the same time being smacked around. Those are tricks and standout moments for me.

Excellent.

*rubs hands together*

Also, the screens from earlier are all up on Killzone.com. They were also rehosted in a higher quality on gamersyde than gamethirst:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_images_of_killzone_3-9610_en.html

image_killzone_3-13238-2035_0009.jpg

Anybody else check out the footage in Qore? It's the first direct feed, HD gameplay footage we've seen, as far as I know.

The show also includes clips from the infamous CGI trailer from back in 2005. All we've had for years now is the SD footage on GT, but now you can finally see (parts of) it in HD!

makingmusic476 said:
The show also includes clips from the infamous CGI trailer from back in 2005. All we've had for years now is the SD footage on GT, but now you can finally see (parts of) it in HD!
Funny thing about it is, I actually found it less interesting to look at than the actual game! Sure it has technical stuff going on that Killzone 2 didn't approach (IQ, polygons, draw distance, etc.), but it didn't quite possess the punched-in-the-face atmosphere of the game. Also, the fire looked very bad (in a smooth, technically adroit way, of course!).

noah111

Still Alive
Classic24 said:
yes, killzone 3 can use some elena fisher :lol WOOHOO
Speaking of her, I was just watching a show on TV (Haven I think) and the only reason I kept watching was because the main character was so familiar it was right on the tip of my tongue the whole time. Turns out it's the chick that plays Elena. :lol The voice is what clued me in eventually, but she looks like her too!

Sorry for the OT, anyway.. I hope we see Move controls at GC next month.

Raistlin

wtf :lol

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I DVR'd Haven. Part of the reason was when watching the advertisements, something about the lead actress seemed familiar

Rikyfree

Raistlin said:
wtf :lol

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I DVR'd Haven. Part of the reason was when watching the advertisements, something about the lead actress seemed familiar
Speaking of her, I have a new WAIFU.

btkadams

Liabe Brave said:
Funny thing about it is, I actually found it less interesting to look at than the actual game! Sure it has technical stuff going on that Killzone 2 didn't approach (IQ, polygons, draw distance, etc.), but it didn't quite possess the punched-in-the-face atmosphere of the game. Also, the fire looked very bad (in a smooth, technically adroit way, of course!).
the lighting in killzone 2 i found to be much more incredible than the cg trailer. id say that in some departments the cg teaser beats out killzone 2 but just barely.

darkwing

sweet!
During playtesting, this particular cinematic death produced an interesting side-effect: after one jetpack trooper was sent flying by an exploding fuel tank, he managed to land on another jetpack trooper, whose fuel tank promptly ignited as well. Though unintentional, the whole domino effect proved such an amazing spectacle that we decided to leave it in...

darkwing

RoboPlato said:
New article on Killzone.com about cinematic deaths with new clips of the dropship and jetpack troopers blowing up.

http://www.killzone.com/kz/news.psml?kz_news_article=Cinematic+Deaths

For instance, a Helghast drop ships struck by a barrage of W.A.S.P. projectiles doesn't have to simply drop out of the sky; the force of impact can tear off the ship's stabilizers, causing it to bank and spiral wildly out of control before slamming into the ground with a massive explosion. Of course, this also makes it more difficult to predict where the drop ship will come down, as Sev finds out

fine way to die :lol

darkwing

did anyone get the new OPM mag?
Guerrilla Games have confirmed in July 2010 edition of the Official PlayStation Magazine that Killzone 3 will have “a set of controls that will appeal to the vast majority of audiences.”

In the interview, Herman Hulst of Guerrilla confirmed to OPM that “the heavy sensation of Killzone 2 is absolutely gone; instead this feels much closer to standard run-and-gun responsiveness.”

In the interview, Herman Hulst of Guerrilla confirmed to OPM that “the heavy sensation of Killzone 2 is absolutely gone; instead this feels much closer to standard run-and-gun responsiveness.”

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

(un)FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
“a set of controls that will appeal to the vast majority of audiences.”

hopefully that just means a separate option. Even so, let them have their twitch fest without the excessive auto-aim(just say no GG) and see how terrible they are.

Herman said:

So now it'll actually feel like you're aiming a gun and not a pole with a cinderblock on the end? Sounds good to me.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Wow. I never would have imagined GG bowing to the pressure, if they had done so after the launch of the first game KZ2 would have been an amalgam of Halo and COD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom