• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 (3D), screenshots, video, info BLOWOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solal

revolverjgw said:
So now it'll actually feel like you're aiming a gun and not a pole with a cinderblock on the end? Sounds good to me.

+1 Great news!

Recoil and inertia were way too strong.

BBC2 IS the right way to do it !

ZeroRay

Drinking Hatorade said:
damn, did they really have to give away the location of KZ3's ending? weak man, weak.

That's how GG rolls. They gave the ending of the game away in the original press release a month and a half ago. :lol

As for the controls, we'll see. I just wanted them to remove the input lag and keep the same momentum and weight but if it's been COD'fied, well fuck it.

KZObsessed

“the heavy sensation of Killzone 2 is absolutely gone; instead this feels much closer to standard run-and-gun responsiveness.”

o56xb5.gif
o56xb5.gif
o56xb5.gif

Solal said:
+1 Great news!

Recoil and inertia were way too strong.

BBC2 IS the right way to do it !

Eh? BC2 guns have more recoil than KZ2 weapons, KZ2 just had a shit ton more weight in the actual movements of the weapons. Really the recoil was not an issue, people easily controlled it and hipfired most of the time getting headshots all the time in MP.

Strike

In the interview, Herman Hulst of Guerrilla confirmed to OPM that “the heavy sensation of Killzone 2 is absolutely gone; instead this feels much closer to standard run-and-gun responsiveness.”
00024bsc.gif

KingDizzi

Banned
So the 10 people that liked the controls are in this thread huh? I only had the game for a few months and the number of people online dropped like a rock, the majority including me certainly did not like the controls or something else went terribly wrong with the online.

Sony and GG don't want people fucking off to play COD, they want those people to buy the Killzone games so yeah the decision makes sense. If KZ2 did not have that awful weight in the controls it would have done so much better. Also the Killzone universe is very appealing to me unlike MW so would much rather play this game. :D

Have GG shown the game being played with Move at all?

Why not just strap the move controller onto the end of an airsoft (bb) gun? Or a real gun in you want more immersion? That way any floatyness you get will be as a result of your movements and not a result of the games controls.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I wonder if the controls have changed since the E3 demo or if that statement is just to appease the people that didn't like the feel of KZ2. Several places said that there was still a sense of weight in KZ3 but without the input lag the game felt a lot more responsive. I hope it's just a case of bad wording.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
“the heavy sensation of Killzone 2 is absolutely gone; instead this feels much closer to standard run-and-gun responsiveness.”
Nooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rikyfree said:
I remember beast saying it was a little like b:bc2
Oh, Yesssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!

jett

D-Member
I mean, come on, the only thing KZ2 had going for it were graphics and the different-from-the-norm semi-realistic controls. Now KZ3 only has TEH GRAPHX. Well...KZ2 also had shit characters, shit plot, mediocre uberlinear corridor-like level design and so-so set pieces. Aside from that, I also enjoyed the constant buttfucking of the original controls. That was really awesome.

Good going Guerrilla, you cunts.

jett said:
I mean, come on, the only thing KZ2 had going for it were graphics and the different-from-the-norm semi-realistic controls. Now KZ3 only has TEH GRAPHX. Well...KZ2 also had shit characters, shit plot, mediocre uberlinear corridor-like level design and so-so set pieces. Aside from that, I also enjoyed the constant buttfucking of the original controls. That was really awesome.

nah bro.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jett said:

Not gonna quote your tag.
But you will eat crow just as with Uncharted 2.

jett

D-Member
Fersis said:
Not gonna quote your tag.
But you will eat crow just as with Uncharted 2.

You need to stop that bullshit Fersis. In any case GG is several orders of magnitude inferior to ND. I doubt I'll be doing any crow-eating. Mostly because I don't see me buying some lame COD clone.

KZObsessed

There's more to gunplay than controls, KZ2 had outstanding gun mechanics which were way more important for me than the way the moving/aiming felt. The heavy feeling of the controls just added to the overall enjoyable feel the guns had. I also think he's probably just exaggerating as that's what a lot of people want to hear, the people who played it at E3 said there's still weigtht there it's just much more responsive which is exactly what they had to do.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
so glad to hear that they removed the two midgets that hanged from my arms the entire fucking game.

KingDizzi said:
So the 10 people that liked the controls are in this thread huh? I only had the game for a few months and the number of people online dropped like a rock, the majority including me certainly did not like the controls or something else went terribly wrong with the online.

Sony and GG don't want people fucking off to play COD, they want those people to buy the Killzone games so yeah the decision makes sense. If KZ2 did not have that awful weight in the controls it would have done so much better. Also the Killzone universe is very appealing to me unlike MW so would much rather play this game. :D

Because "COD-ing" worked so well for Resistance 2 amirite?!?

KingDizzi

Banned
Dubbedinenglish said:
Because "COD-ing" worked so well for Resistance 2 amirite?!?

Resistance 2 was a turd on a disc and it was not due to the controls, I should have been paid to play that bitch. That said the co-op was not half bad. :/

jett said:
You need to stop that bullshit Fersis. In any case GG is several orders of magnitude inferior to ND. I doubt I'll be doing any crow-eating. Mostly because I don't see me buying some lame COD clone.

I will buy Killzone 3 instead of not renting it due to the new control scheme. I will buy this game due to the new controls, GG has improved the controls and due to the new controls I will buy this game. That is transaction of money which did not occur with Killzone 2 because of the controls however due to the new controls GG will be getting my £35. If the game has co-op then I will also buy a map pack or two.

GG fixed this shit.

Animator

jett said:

Hey look Jett is preemptively talking out of his ass again only to eat crow later. :lol

Steroyd

KingDizzi said:

tch, there's no way Killzone would sell like COD levels or significantly more if it copies COD, that's why a billion other FPS' fail at being a COD/Halo killer. People liked and bought Killzone for what it is, and if it throws away what makes it unique rather than building on what it has among a VERY crowded genre will only hurt it a.k.a Resistance.

That said if it isn't as bad as I fear, then all is well but fuck I liked the weightiness of the guns, same with the 1st Killzone. :<

jett said:

"semi-realistic controls" :lol

The physics made no sense. BC2 controls will serve it much better

darkwing

face it, it will sell better with BC2 controls, as much as we love KZ2, it was a niche in the control department, and niches don't sell well, BC2 controls is a compromise

cakefoo

As long as the gun bobs as you walk and all that, it'll look good. What made the game was not the sluggishness in turning, but the animations, lighting, and per-pixel motion blur, among other post-processing effects. What we DON'T need is the awkward acceleration:deceleration when turning, because the former was sluggish but the latter was like stopping on a dime. This made close-quarters encounters somewhat awkward. If the deceleration was smooth and progressive like acceleration was, then it would have been less awkward because there would have been more consistency between starting and stopping physics.

Sam Bishop described it moreso as a best of both worlds approach in his impressions awhile back:

For starters, the controls this time around are far more responsive in every way. Turning, firing, all of it has been made far closer to what one would expect from a modern shooter, and has done much to quell the complaints we had about the game the last time out. We'll have to fire up our post-patch copy of Killzone 2 to compare things, but suffice it to say there's still a sense of weight to everything. Sev doesn't sprint across an ice field with the agility of gazelle, he plods, with heavy footsteps that crunch into the hardpack beneath him.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
KingDizzi said:
So the 10 people that liked the controls are in this thread huh??

The game was reviewed well, sold well, and had a very positive and active thread here on GAF. A vocal crowd didn't like the controls, if they were a majority or not is really hard to tell.

I loved the controls of Killzone 2. I liked that it felt heavy, as it should. If it really does feel like COD, then I'll be disappointed. So, thanks whiners, you got your way. Hopefully it won't be that bad.

Redbeard

Banned
I'm glad they're changing the controls.

Killzone 2 controlled like absolute ass, and everything about the game was pretty great except for the controls.

It was seriously nothing more than spray-and-pray garbage, the person that had the luckiest spray wins. Controlling the cursor felt like I was ice skating and I had very little control of my movements.

Now that they're going for tighter, more responsive controls you will actually have more skill involved. People with the quicker, better aim will win rather than those with the luckiest spray. It will also allow the devs to amp up the action and gameplay.

I just gotta laugh at the defenders of Killzone 2's controls, they were atrocious in an otherwise amazing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom