• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 (3D), screenshots, video, info BLOWOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
filipe said:
Meh. Killzone 2 was alright, though I never beat it because it got boring fast. I hope they fix the analog movement in this game. Felt so stiff in no.2

while i think the SP wasnt fantastic, it was still pretty good. the MP was great though.

the analog movement was fine and the "heavyness" feel is a large part of what makes killzone 2 different from other FPS games. the controls will be improved but will likely remain very similar so if you can't accept and appreciate something different maybe you should stick to other shooters. as others have said, not every FPS needs "cod-like" movement and it's ignorant to think so.

Killthee said:
5mha84.jpg
Claimed, unless FFO scrub wants it.

belvedere

Junior Butler
badcrumble said:
hey, that's a really unfunny gif of a guy beating a woman, thanks for keeping it classy
now that's more like it

Hey, that's a knee-jerk reaction to something of which you know nothing about, nor it's context. It's from a scene in a television series.

Now calm the fuck down.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Aryeh Loeb @ PS Blog said:
Story is a big focus point for Killzone 3. we are concentrating more on the Helghan side of the conflict. We will be supplying you with more info on that in the upcoming months.

Yes, we do have a new Close Combat system in game. That’s why we were able to make this teaser with in-game animations

Yep, that’s Sev. And yes he is having some hard times. What do you think being stranded on an alien planet with hostile environment does to a man?
:D

belvedere

Junior Butler
SolidSnakex said:
The producer also confirmed that Sev is the guy in the trailer.

So it's confirmed then. So, undercover or changing sides?

I mean he's on top of a pile of Helghast bodies. No way he's changing sides right?

Hmm.

Firewire

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
The producer also confirmed that Sev is the guy in the trailer.

He says that Sev is stranded on an alien planet (Helghan). I wonder if the focus is on a rescue mission or if we play as Sev being a one man army. It would be interesting to tackle missions with no squad in the way.

belvedere said:
So it's confirmed then. So, undercover or changing sides?

I mean he's on top of a pile of Helghast bodies. No way he's changing sides right?

Hmm.
I'd say definitely undercover. He won't switch sides, but it's be an interesting way to develop the Helghast as characters.

Dever

Banned
Btw, you think Sev might be taking that mask because he's been so long on Helghan now he needs protection from the hostile environment, like the Helghast?

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
I guess I understand why they are making a sequel but boy, I couldn't get passed the first few levels on the previous game. So repetitive. Hopefully, the makers will have learned from their mistakes. Don't really give a shit about 3d but I'll give the franchise another shot when it's released.

Mad_Ban

Damnit!

Got dodged/denied with my MLAA question. :lol

Posted on 3 June, 2010 at 5:36 pm by Aryeh Loeb

Hi phleg,
Good question. We share a lot of inspiration with the other studios. But we all have our own Tech.

Firewire

Banned
otake said:
I guess I understand why they are making a sequel but boy, I couldn't get passed the first few levels on the previous game. So repetitive. Hopefully, the makers will have learned from their mistakes. Don't really give a shit about 3d but I'll give the franchise another shot when it's released.

And from earlier today...

otake said:
I turned on the Uncharted 2 demo and kept having Drake run in place because of the uneven ground or some boulder he just couldn't go over without me pressing X. After the 3 or 5th time of me having to press X for him to walk over some unknown object I turned it off and declared the game shit.

In Metal Gear Online. I got the jump on someone, aimed at his head, shot what seemed like an entire clip at relative close range and I still got head-shot by my opponent. Declared the game shit.

I started playing the God of War 3 demo, shit got dark, I couldn't see where I was running. I could see Kratos but the area was too dark then the camera panned behind the character and he's fucking huge so I could see even less. Declared the game shit and stopped playing.

It seems like you have an agenda today. :lol

otake said:

Are you just crap at games? After your Uncharted and God of War III remarks you just seem to give up at the most tiny things.

Mik2121

TrAcEr_x90 said:
This is the company that made the UI interface and end credits for Killzone 2. I'm assuming they came up with the overall design feel for text and graphics.

http://cargocollective.com/renascent
Massive Black made many vehicles and other stuff for Killzone 2, though. If the concept art wasn't made by Guerrilla Games themselves, I'd bet it was made by Massive Black and not Cargo Collective.

Robot 492

Banned
AI has been improved once again! Enemies will know how to react in the bigger environments at their disposal. And things like Jetpacks, because of the aerial combat possibilities, will add a new layer as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom