• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 (3D), screenshots, video, info BLOWOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

spats

nskinnear said:
AI has been improved once again! Enemies will know how to react in the bigger environments at their disposal. And things like Jetpacks, because of the aerial combat possibilities, will add a new layer as well.

Oh shit. Not long before they become self-aware.

Kittonwy

Banned
Even moar awesome AI = AFW.
Indifferent2.gif

mr_nothin

Banned
*Walks into thread....see's new KZ GIF*
:O
WTF IS THAT?!?! CG? lol
Is there a new trailer?

Time to go back tracking. omg im excited

KZObsessed

mr_nothin said:
*Walks into thread....see's new KZ GIF*
:O
WTF IS THAT?!?! CG? lol
Is there a new trailer?

Time to go back tracking. omg im excited

Yeah CG teaser using in game animations. Can view on PS Blog and killzone.com website... oh and youtube!

A.R.K

awesome teaser!!! damn sev is really angry this time :D

Looks like we'll be wearing the helgan helmet in the SP and posing as one of them? :)

RavenFox

Banned
A.R.K said:

Looks like we'll be wearing the helgan helmet in the SP and posing as one of them? :)
Can you imaging the terrain and object readouts through the helmet plus the change in the color spectrum...*drools*

mr_nothin

Banned
KZObsessed said:
Yeah CG teaser using in game animations. Can view on PS Blog and killzone.com website... oh and youtube!
Alrighty, all aboard the hype train. That was like the MGS3 intro/trailer. Slowmo CQC.
Nice teaser, cant wait! I need a KZ3 avatar STAT
A.R.K said:

Hopefully they have a HUD within the helmet.

filipe

Drinking Hatorade said:
while i think the SP wasnt fantastic, it was still pretty good. the MP was great though.

the analog movement was fine and the "heavyness" feel is a large part of what makes killzone 2 different from other FPS games. the controls will be improved but will likely remain very similar so if you can't accept and appreciate something different maybe you should stick to other shooters. as others have said, not every FPS needs "cod-like" movement and it's ignorant to think so.

It's ignorant to think there's such thing as "cod-like" movement. It's also ignorant to use "ignorant" incorrectly.

If I put the sensitivity to max for my view movement, I best expect it to feel fast and fluid. Unreal Tournament(s), Halo(s), Quake(s), Battlefield(s) and yes, even COD(s) do it correctly, KZ, however, does not.

Next time, respect the fact that not everyone is going to be excited for the game. You are? More power to you. I'm not, unless they fix the damn analog sensitivity.

filipe said:
It's ignorant to think there's such thing as "cod-like" movement. It's also ignorant to use "ignorant" incorrectly.

If I put the sensitivity to max for my view movement, I best expect it to feel fast and fluid. Unreal Tournament(s), Halo(s), Quake(s), Battlefield(s) and yes, even COD(s) do it correctly, KZ, however, does not.

Next time, respect the fact that not everyone is going to be excited for the game. You are? More power to you. I'm not, unless they fix the damn analog sensitivity.
It's not the sensitivity, it's the input lag. They already said they fixed a lot of that in the MP "high-precision" patch in KZ2 and have fixed it even more for KZ3.

RavenFox

Banned
filipe said:

Once again KZ is not those games. So what you deem as broken was a development decision and it was input lag. Also the devs have listened to the tears of others like yourself so your jubilation is at hand.The GTFO gif is lurking so thread lightly.

Halcyon

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Why did Sev put the helmet on?

I feel like the best explaination is that the atmosphere of Helghan is starting to effect him. His face seems kinda pale in that last shot before he puts the mask on.

I NEED SCISSORS said:

Because he finally realized that Helghan stands for the only possiblity of freedom of a galaxy held at gunpont by the UCN. He decides to no longer be a puppet, but rather to mkae a stand for freedom with the Helghast.

Victarion

I NEED SCISSORS said:

Probably because of extreme weather condition on Helghan, staying on the planet for a long time will have certain effects on human body. I guess that's what caused Sev's face to look like homeless people on the street. :D

edit: or it could hint at stealth missions.

HalcyonTB12 said:
I feel like the best explaination is that the atmosphere of Helghan is starting to effect him. His face seems kinda pale in that last shot before he puts the mask on.

I think it could maybe be some sort of tribal thing, like when warriors paint themselves with their enemy's blood.

Dubbedinenglish said:
Because he finally realized that Helghan stands for the only possiblity of freedom of a galaxy held at gunpont by the UCN. He decides to no longer be a puppet, but rather to mkae a stand for freedom with the Helghast.

By first killing a Helghast on top of thousands of other dead Helghast?

RavenFox

Banned
HalcyonTB12 said:
This makes sense.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
I think it could maybe be some sort of tribal thing, like when warriors paint themselves with their enemy's blood.

Maybe it's meant to be symbolic.

spats

msdstc said:
The art design of this game is incredible... I hope this game catches on more than last time around.

KZ2's sales was never the game's fault, it was Sony's absolutely pathetic marketing. Almost zero exposure in europe at launch. I think I saw one short tv ad and that was it. They did a lot better with Uncharted 2 as it's now at over 3,5M sales worldwide: instills some hope that they will do a better job with KZ3.

filipe

RavenFox said:
Once again KZ is not those games. So what you deem as broken was a development decision and it was input lag. Also the devs have listened to the tears of others like yourself so your jubilation is at hand.The GTFO gif is lurking so thread lightly.

You used "development decisions" and "input lag" in the same sentence. Lawlz.

RavenFox said:

There's a 6 frame lag between moving an analog stick and movement on-screen. the actual slower movement is not the issue, lol. Even the game's MENUS lag... or is that done purposefully so the menu has "weight" and feels "realistic"? I don't understand the argument of movement vs input lag. I still use the old control scheme from before the patch cuz that's what I got used to from the beta.

But yeah - I like the slower movement because I feel I have more control. I detest the fact that I can make lasagna from scratch while waiting for any action to occur after moving sticks or pressing buttons.

Weight != Input Lag nor should it ever, haha.

alba

Little is the new Big
Woaaah what what what what :eek: :O

The end with the helmet is just too good, bring it on E3! KZ3+GT5 :D

RavenFox

Banned
Ninja and filipe I'll have something for you two soon. By the way this thread demands weird sentence structure so calm down. I can tell you don't feel the hype:D

filipe said:
You used "development decisions" and "input lag" in the same sentence. Lawlz.

well it was a conscious decision to implement input lag to give the feeling of weight. How else would the be able to simulate a gun and armor having weight to it if they do not put some input lag? Maybe the game simply wasn't for you, I think that's what some people are saying to you, because you want the game to control the way the developers didn't intend for it to control. Theres a reason it hard to shoot and move in the game, its because theirs a illusion of weight, in real life if you had body armor and a 15 pound gun you wouldn't be too quick at first, but eventually you adapt. I adapted as well when playing and became nice. You cant fault a developer for designing a game the way they intended to do so, you can most certainly not like it tho.

OMFG. OMFG. Oo That teaser. Just wow. So, like, what if Sev goes to the side of the Helghast, and gets rid of Rico? Best Killzone ever confirmed? I think so. I want that dang gameplay trailer now. Until then, I'll just shower in this amazingness.

Cornbread78 said:
dammit, KZO gots da' money avatar.....

He is the poster boy for KZ hype/love, he make me feel like a lazy and apathetic fan, in comparison.

Yes, the trailer is delicious and so is Sev's man beard.

agaru

lastinline said:
OMFG. OMFG. Oo That teaser. Just wow. So, like, what if Sev goes to the side of the Helghast, and gets rid of Rico? Best Killzone ever confirmed? I think so. I want that dang gameplay trailer now. Until then, I'll just shower in this amazingness.
Don't get your hopes up. :lol Sev actually becomes a villain at that point and then you play as Rico throughout the rest of the game!
:p

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Xater said:
Why do I have the feeling that this is probably the same teaser that GTTV will show? :lol
They specifically said gameplay footage.

Trailer was pretty awesome. Definitely got pumped. I can't wait to see those melee animations in-game. It looks and sounds like they took a page out of GoW3's book for them.

I NEED SCISSORS said:

Dat was the Highlander Helghast, Sev took his knowledge and joined the cause.

Xater

RoboPlato said:
They specifically said gameplay footage.

Trailer was pretty awesome. Definitely got pumped. I can't wait to see those melee animations in-game. It looks and sounds like they took a page out of GoW3's book for them.

Did they? I don't remember that.

J-Rzez

alr1ghtstart said:

This will be referenced so many times in the future :lol

Anyways, I was actually hoping they'd have the balls to switch it up and make you play as the Higs for this one, fighting and winning the current battle that would be set in KZ3. It'd be a refreshing twist to say the least. Then again, I've been wanting someone with the balls to make an alternative history of WWII where the Nazi's take over EU and Asia. So maybe that's just me.

Fantastic trailer to get people going on the game. Didn't show much, but just created generous amounts of hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom