• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima and Itagaki Showdown pt 2

Saw this browsing the doax gamefaqs forums.. why? was curious what the LE bundle of DoaX2 was going to contain.

Kojima interviews Itagaki @ TGS2006

http://www.blog.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog/2006/10/002022.html#photo
showdowncv5.jpg

Link of the MP3:
http://www.blog.konami.jp/gs/img/hidechan/hidechanradio_110a_tgs2k6_04.mp3

Someone kind enough to create/find a transcript?

gconsole

So Kojima has the relationship too all high profile devs in japan now. Luckily Konami has him.

Anyway, Itagaki + sun glass everywhere = Wesker.

AAK

SolidSnakex said:
It's far more interesting that he's interviewing Ueda also.

Stupid question, but I can't resist... is it the Ueda from Team ICO or Ueda who did the music from DMC1?

kruskev

they also seem to be talking about "anubis" (zone of the enders). God I wish someone can translate.

also ueda is not bald, scroll down and you'll see him.

Kal

Srider said:
Umm... no, that's a window with a bunch of otaku's faces blurred out....

Ummm....that looks like the DMC4 demo area behind the blurred "otaku' faces.
noob question: what does otaku mean?

Tieno

Ah, ****, sucks that I can't understand japanese or I'd be all over this podcast. ****ing Itagaki, Kojima and Ueda! Shit!

Pretty interesting. Halfway through it. I started trying to translate but its way too long to translate fully and it doesn't really have anything that interesting (IMO) to be a bulletpoint thus far. Maybe RP will make a transcript and post it in ENglish for you guys later.

*edit*
This is the first time I've heard Itagaki-speaking with his own voice. He's seems pretty cool and nice. Why is it when people translate him they always make him seem like a total asshole?

*edit-edit*
lolz.

OatmealMu

eso76 said:
exactly what i was going to say. There must be something wrong with his eyes.

He has the most long, beautiful, flowing eyelashes throughout all the land. One look, and you'll be forever enchanted.

jarrod

Banned
buckfutter said:
Yeah, but for every good action game how many pointless chesticlefests must we put up with? Meanwhile, Ueda is two for two.
I said "decent" and "action" in the same sentince. Ueda might be able to craft an inspiring aesthetic, but he's certainly not "two for two" in the previous department.

jarrod said:
I said "decent" and "action" in the same sentince. Ueda might be able to craft an inspiring aesthetic, but he's certainly not "two for two" in that department.

He's two for two in terms of great games, action or no. Modern Itagaki has one great action game with a terrible story and a bunch of bad fighting games and T&A construction kits. Ueda's games aren't perfect, but they forward the medium. All Itagaki can do is wear sunglasses, drink whiskey and act the badass. I guess we were talking about different things.

But I am leading us offtopic. You can have the last word if you like. Suffice to say I'm interested in a transcript of the interviews, but we rarely get any sort of translation from these podcasts.

jarrod

Banned
buckfutter said:
He's two for two in terms of great games, action or no. Modern Itagaki has one great action game with a terrible story and a bunch of bad fighting games and T&A construction kits. Ueda's games aren't perfect, but they forward the medium. All Itagaki can do is wear sunglasses, drink whiskey and act the badass. I guess we were talking about different things.

But I am leading us offtopic. You can have the last word if you like. Suffice to say I'm interested in a transcript of the interviews, but we rarely get any sort of translation from these podcasts.
Yes 1998 block puzzles certainly "push the medium forward". Thanks for the last word, tho.

Fredrik

So, does Itagaki say anything at all about Ninja Gaiden 2 or any other new game he's working on besides NG Sigma and DOAX2?

Dahbomb

Raiden_Fan said:
A person who wants that is a pathetic fanboy! Nothing more, nothing less.
The DOA franchise needs to be controlled in as few as consoles as possible. In fact it should be completely demolished along with DOAXX unless they can offer something better to gamers. It's like an overdone joke now.

Top Bottom