• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

jmls1121

Banned
I love this game's humor, been laughing a good bit.

"I can't imagine how hard it was to come back here"
"I had to get a new passport."
"O...........kayyyyyy."

LOL

The humor reminds me of later season south park episodes and team america where they make fun of cheesy action movies. I think this is going to be a real special game.

Saw the delayed shipping on Amazon being est. for 2-3 weeks ...yeah, no. Went ahead and ordered with BestBuy, who appears to have it in stock, so yay

Akira_83

Banned
ok so i picked this up at walmart last night and played about an hour or so

I have to say i have chuckled quite a bit at some of the jokes, maybe ashamedly so... juvenile humor but funny nonetheless

I love the graphical style, the music and everything is good. The City is amazing so far. Feels like GTA SA in lego form, i made it as far as the country area and the long stretches of highway with scenic hills really are fun to explore.

My only issue is with the camera movement and loading times. Loading times are pretty long and frequent enough to be a bit of a bother. If your just free roaming it seems fine, its story segments that grind to a halt.

Also, when i go to rotate the camera around it moves SO slow... kind of a pain when your jumpign around collecting studs and always feel like the camera is trying to catch up to you

other than that, like it so far

CoolS

Great to see that almost everyone so far ends up liking it. Sound like the reviews for this were spot on, which I think is great. Still can't wait till this comes out in Europe.

I wasnt expecting "next gen" at all, I was expecting it to look exactly like a ps3/ 360 game.

The sad thing is that I was expecting that as well. It isn't very fun facing the reality that the Wii U (next gen) has games outside of the launch window that look like "previous gen" games.

I do agree with everyone else that the game itself is great. I'm at work now, but I can't wait to play it again when I get home!

GRW810

How big a disaster is this shipping issue going to be for sales? Given Nintendo are banking on this game selling consoles they can't be happy.

Glad people seem to be enjoying the game. Wish I had the money to go get it day one.

CoolS

Some of these superbuilds have huge block requirements! Found one that needs 100k.

From the videos I've seen, I will have to complete all of these super build. They look amazing.

The sad thing is that I was expecting that as well. It isn't very fun facing the reality that the Wii U (next gen) has games outside of the launch window that look like "previous gen" games.

I do agree with everyone else that the game itself is great. I'm at work now, but I can't wait to play it again when I get home!

While I agree, with all the games so far (except for Nintendo's titles probably) the developers didn't have the final dev kits for a long time
NfS:MW hopefully is an indication of things to come. I'm sure by E3 we will see stuff that looks quite a bit nicer than "last gen".

BY2K

Membero Americo
Humour in this game is amazing.

And the loading issues aren't nearly as bad as some reviews made them out to be. Maybe it's because I'm at the beginning of the game. Or that it's on my Hard Drive.

I need an External HD now.

massoluk

Banned
I'm playing from external harddrive myself (Now at Albatross). I honestly don't think the load time is bad at all. May be it's different for physical copy or something, but I never felt that annoyed by it.

Also, game is awesome. Felt satisfying building superbuilds and unlocking thousands of stuffs in this game.

Where's the part about the shipping issue again? I found the game all over the place easily yesterday. It was the same case with Fire Emblem. Maybe just you Amazon and Gamestop folks?

Cronq

Banned
Standing in oncoming traffic and blasting the cars away with my grapple gun makes for some great fun and massive amounts of bricks.

My only complaint is the jaggies. They're pretty bad in some places. The load times are definitely slow, but I'm not hitting loading areas too often. And yes, the camera control is definitely slow. It would be nice if they let us adjust that.

Where's the part about the shipping issue again? I found the game all over the place easily yesterday. It was the same case with Fire Emblem. Maybe just you Amazon and Gamestop folks?

Where do you live? I think all these delays have to do with the transit time between the distributor and the retail stores. Monday was more of a "ship" date than a "release" date.

CoolS

Yeah the problem was/is pretty much, that they started shipping on the 18th and not before.

zigg

Where do you live? I think all these delays have to do with the transit time between the distributor and the retail stores. Monday was more of a "ship" date than a "release" date.
This is very in-line with Nintendo shipping practices. Really Important Releases get special shipping treatment so they're available everywhere on a specific day, but for most releases everything just sort of filters in over the course of the week depending on the retailers' own logistics.

Conspiracy theories are really getting out of hand.

deviljho

This is very in-line with Nintendo shipping practices. Really Important Releases get special shipping treatment so they're available everywhere on a specific day, but for most releases everything just sort of filters in over the course of the week depending on the retailers' own logistics.

Conspiracy theories are really getting out of hand.

Conspiracy theories ARE getting out of hand. But at this point, all Wii U releases are "Really Important Releases" worthy of shipments to be available at retail at the official release date given to the public. Especially a game THIS good.

TheChits

Well I ran into my first bug. I ran off a ramp at the top of a mountain and when I landed I clipped straight through the ground and was swimming underneath the city. Fortunately you can return to the police station at anytime so I didn't lose progress

Dragoshi1

Yay, I'm stuck!

Around Ch6 or so, Chuck asks you to find him tires, I found one in the room with the small super brick, that you need the Robber disguise to get to, but where is the 2nd tire?

I crawled up and down and all around looking for it.

Hawk269

The game is fun, but the jaggies are very present. They really knock the graphics down on what should be a pretty, "next-gen" game.

Yeah, it is pretty bad. I think this is the first game that I have played in a very long time that has no Anti Aliasing mode at all. It is so bad that I doubt that any AA is applied, even at a low level. It really does kill the graphics and I can imagine if they were able at least to apply 2xaa or even 4xaa how much better this game would look. The fact that they blur the backround should of allowed them to apply some form of AA.

Game is still fun as hell though and that is what counts..but still one of the more shittier looking games overall in a while.

Conspiracy theories ARE getting out of hand. But at this point, all Wii U releases are "Really Important Releases" worthy of shipments to be available at retail at the official release date given to the public. Especially a game THIS good.

I don't see any conspiracy theory in my post. In fact, I thought I agreed with you about this just being Nintendo's normal shipping policy. It does suck that Nintendo listed Monday as a "release date" and also sent out emails on Monday saying "AVAILABLE NOW", though.

Hawk269

Maybe it is just certain parts of the country...because where I live, Walmart, Toys R Us, Target, Gamestop and Bestbuy all had received their copies yesterday by noon. Toys R Us had about a dozen copies with a free mini-chase-lego figure! :)

CrisKre

Yay, I'm stuck!

Around Ch6 or so, Chuck asks you to find him tires, I found one in the room with the small super brick, that you need the Robber disguise to get to, but where is the 2nd tire?

I crawled up and down and all around looking for it.

To build the bike? Is closer to the ferry dock. You need to break something for it to drop.

Loving every bit of this game. The loadings are bearable in some places, very few are 1min loading screens. LOL at the progress bars reference in the supercomputer, they know the issue.

This game is pure gold. I believe this can be a system seller.

36 hours downloading, worth it.

jmls1121

Banned
Loving every bit of this game. The loadings are bearable in some places, very few are 1min loading screens. LOL at the progress bars reference in the supercomputer, they know the issue.

This game is pure gold. I believe this can be a system seller.

I LOL'd at that too.

It won't be a system seller for the same reason NintendoLand wasn't. Crappy marketing by Nintendo, plus the vast majority of the gaming press which will write this off as "just another lego title" just like NintendoLand was "just another wii sports".

For those of us who downloaded the game, how can we access the game manual?

This may seem like an odd question, but I've been trying to figure out how to unlock cars and a few other things. There is a specific car I've been looking for that I've been unable to find for the last two days. I had it on the first day I was playing, the car looks like a classic Dodge Charger.

I LOL'd at that too.

It won't be a system seller for the same reason NintendoLand wasn't. Crappy marketing by Nintendo, plus the vast majority of the gaming press which will write this off as "just another lego title" just like NintendoLand was "just another wii sports".

Yes, not that it is going to be a system seller, but it has all the potential IMO.

dwu8991

Banned
For those of us who downloaded the game, how can we access the game manual?

This may seem like an odd question, but I've been trying to figure out how to unlock cars and a few other things. There is a specific car I've been looking for that I've been unable to find for the last two days. I had it on the first day I was playing, the car looks like a classic Dodge Charger.

Hit the HOME button and the digital manual is the green book on the lower right corner. Just touch !

Chairhome

has there been any real comparison between Disc vs Digital load times? Just wondering cause a lot of you downloaders are saying that the load times are not that bad. If its a significant difference, it would lead me to get the digital version.

GulAtiCa

has there been any real comparison between Disc vs Digital load times? Just wondering cause a lot of you downloaders are saying that the load times are not that bad. If its a significant difference, it would lead me to get the digital version.

Well, from my experience with ZombiU retail vs digital, I experienced 20% less load times. Might be similar here.

eznark

Banned
Is there a way to leave the 4 hour inactive shut off function on while also forcing the machine to stay on while downloading something? Fucking dumb as hell if I have to turn that off everytime I download something (considering anything over 10mb seems like it will take more than 4 hours).

Does anyone have the disc that can time the initial load screen? I can do my digital load screen now.

39.5 seconds for the initial progress bar load screen (the first progress bar after you start up the game, so it's right after the tt games logo, etc.)
Timed from the moment the progress bar screen appeared to the moment the title screen appeared.

Well I ran into my first bug. I ran off a ramp at the top of a mountain and when I landed I clipped straight through the ground and was swimming underneath the city. Fortunately you can return to the police station at anytime so I didn't lose progress

I ran into the same problem.

Hit the HOME button and the digital manual is the green book on the lower right corner. Just touch !

Thanks! This is my first digital Wii U game, I was wondering how Nintendo handled this kind of stuff.

dwu8991

Banned
Is there a way to leave the 4 hour inactive shut off function on while also forcing the machine to stay on while downloading something? Fucking dumb as hell if I have to turn that off everytime I download something (considering anything over 10mb seems like it will take more than 4 hours).

Yes, in the systems menu - turn auto off

Does anyone have the disc that can time the initial load screen? I can do my digital load screen now.

39.5 seconds for the initial progress bar load screen (the first progress bar after you start up the game, so it's right after the tt games logo, etc.)
Timed from the moment the progress bar screen appeared to the moment the title screen appeared.

This, I want to know, just curious. I got the Digital ver.

Top Bottom