• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

RobbieNick

My copy from Best Buy has been put on backorder until mid April. They say I can call and try and find a copy locally though.

Check online. You can buy it and they'll hold it for you for pickup.

Calling them will do no good. Chances are if it's in stock, it's still in the back. If it says that store location has it, then they have to have it somewhere or else you wouldn't be able to order it.

Was gonna get the 3DS version first since this doesn't have off tv play but decided to screw it and go with this.

Ordered from amazon, estimated delivery is April 11th-19th. Guess I could've waited and see if my GS or WM got it but eh...something tells me they won't.

Fucking Nintendo. Release your damn games on time and/or stop trying to get people to go digital. I don't plan to buy Fire Emblem for a few months since I'm playing too many RPGs but I may aswell order it next time I get money because I have a feeling FE and LC will both be very limited editions.

And no, to the people that keep saying "bubu games like Kirby Mass Attack and Layton also had this problem!" No they didn't. I remember Kirby being in stock, everywhere one day after its release date AKA its release date being the shipping date. This new problem has limited to no stock for weeks on end and FE on amazon still says 2-3 weeks and my GS doesn't have it. Nintendo needs to stop this now. I will not buy these games digital so stop Nintendo STOP!

Sorry for going a bit OT but I just wanted to get that off my chest. Anywayz: I can't wait to play this game. Been excited for it since the very first trailer and am just really looking forward to it.

So, I called GameStop and they said they got the game in. I drove down to the store, walked in, and asked for the game. The cashier said "Oh, that's not coming in until maybe Thursday". WTF, I just called and they said they had the game, now they don't? Turns out the cashier made a mistake and just went off of the release date and didn't actually check to see if they had the game.

I just went up to my GameStop and they said there was an issue with the shipment, or something. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that's had a problem with it. I'm tempted to either go back to Target and grab it or just download it directly from the eShop.

Its a great game. I came in without much enthusiasm not really having loved any of the Lego games. This game is superb though. It does have a Club Nintendo code.

Wow, so you're like me....I was really down on this game yesterday, having just played the beginning and experiencing the crap load times and the generic lego gameplay of the first few hours.....but as a fellow lego game non-fan, your comments caught my attention. So should I give it another chance, or did it hook you immediately and I should just give it up as a lost cause? The humour is great, I'd love to like this game.

Wow, I did not know there was ussues with shipping. My target had a few copies. I got gears, monster hunter, and walkind dead survival instinct as my buy 2 get 1 free

Wow, so you're like me....I was really down on this game yesterday, having just played the beginning and experiencing the crap load times and the generic lego gameplay of the first few hours.....but as a fellow lego game non-fan, your comments caught my attention. So should I give it another chance, or did it hook you immediately and I should just give it up as a lost cause? The humour is great, I'd love to like this game.

The opening of the game and when you start it are by far the worst parts. You can go quite a while once it gets rolling since the individual sections and open world bits can be in excess of an hour with no loads at all.

Ok, so I'd appreciate help getting back into this...the point I turned it off was not far in, I was supposed to build a ferry to go to the prison, but I couldn't afford it...the game was telling me to scan for hidden objects, and I found one that seemed to be on the roof of the police station, but I couldn't reach it from climbing the back....am I just supposed to explore and scan for bricks until I can afford that ferry?

NateDrake

Ok, so I'd appreciate help getting back into this...the point I turned it off was not far in, I was supposed to build a ferry to go to the prison, but I couldn't afford it...the game was telling me to scan for hidden objects, and I found one that seemed to be on the roof of the police station, but I couldn't reach it from climbing the back....am I just supposed to explore and scan for bricks until I can afford that ferry?

Yup. There is one in the prison area on top of a garage that is easily accessible.

CrisKre

Keep at it. For me it is that this game amounts to more than the sum of is parts. Once you unlock a few costumes you literally have hundreds of things to do at any given place. It caught me at the prison. So around 2, 2 30 hrs in.

Keep at it. For me it is that this game amounts to more than the sum of is parts. Once you unlock a few costumes you literally have hundreds of things to do at any given place. It caught me at the prison. So around 2, 2 30 hrs in.

Well I quit before the prison just before the 2 hour mark, so your words are encouraging. I'm jumping back in right now, wish me luck! :)

Hobby

Check Target if you guys are having issues finding a copy. All the GameStops/Walmarts in my area didn't have any and weren't expecting any until later this week, but I picked up a copy from Target earlier today.

Well, I'm man enough to admit I was wrong. I WAS WRONG. I'm not sure who pissed in my cornflakes yesterday, because as soon as I turned it on today to hunt around the city for bricks to afford building the ferry, I was having fun. And once I got to the prison, and started getting new costumes and laughing at the Shawshank Redemption jokes, gosh darn it I'm hooked now. I'm going to need a gym membership to work off all the sandwiches I'm making during the load screens, but I'm hooked nonetheless. :p

Jachaos

Anyone know if this will work with this sort of plug as I have a Toshiba external HDD (USB 3.0) and that Y-cable doesn't seem to have the same Micro-B port as the one on the HDD. Will the 2.0 USB Micro-B work with the 3.0 port ? I know 3.0 is backwards compatible but is the opposite true ?

Well, I'm man enough to admit I was wrong. I WAS WRONG. I'm not sure who pissed in my cornflakes yesterday, because as soon as I turned it on today to hunt around the city for bricks to afford building the ferry, I was having fun. And once I got to the prison, and started getting new costumes and laughing at the Shawshank Redemption jokes, gosh darn it I'm hooked now. I'm going to need a gym membership to work off all the sandwiches I'm making during the load screens, but I'm hooked nonetheless. :p

I'm glad you're finally enjoying it! After the prison area it keeps getting better. You'll love the mines :)

Hawk269

The textures and shadows in this game are really low resolution.

Yeah, I agree...texture work is not the best, but it is not horrid. The Jaggies is what kills the image quality. I don't remember a game this bad with jaggies...I mean they are all over the place. And yes, loading times are pretty bad. But it is a fun game and the humor is pretty damn good. Me and my fiance' have been having fun with the game and that is what counts.

I hope they are working on some optimizations to help the loading times..not sure if they can improve the image quality though.

The very first gameplay portion at the beginning of the game was jarring to say the least with you jaggied the backround looked...but the more i played, the more I became use to it.

Lenardo

Banned
Due to the weather my kids had the day off.I grabbed this digitally, took three hours to download then thirty minutes to install.

Once thatw was done, my eight year old twins, took turns playing for the next six hours.

They love it, even without multi player.

Roo

Due to the weather my kids had the day off.I grabbed this digitally, took three hours to download then thirty minutes to install.

Once thatw was done, my eight year old twins, took turns playing for the next six hours.

They love it, even without multi player.

Wait... what?!?!
YPKXiRU.gif

A lot of Targets are starting to ha e it trickle onto shelves. Picked up a copy today. Not sure what's going on with shipping stuff but I really doubt it's Nintendo trying to push digital sales...especially since the game is like 20 gigs.

Anyway, load times are a bit on the crazy side but I'm having fun with the game. Funny dialogue too.

So Lego City was released the 18th? My target has yet to get a shipment of the game. They told me to call Wednesday to get a better idea as to when they will be in. blargh

CoolS

They will release an update soon to fix load times?

Load time made me remember my Neo Geo CD T_T
There will only be an update for the WiiU load times that has nothing to do with this game. I wouldn't count on LCU getting an update since I suspect the long loading times are a problem with TT's engine.

Played for around five hours, finished the mine then dicked around the city free running and building super builds. This game is the tits. I got it from Walmart FYI.

AzaK

Pretty much convinced that nintendo botches release dates on purpose to further their newfound digital agenda. Well, I refuse to play ball.

Fair enough. I refuse due to no ownership, shitty download and install times, and prices far above what you can find in stores.

CoolS

I think I've played for about 10 hours now... 12.9% complete....

On which chapter are you? I think some reviews stated they finished the story and did some sidestuff, clocking around 25 hours and had a completion level around 35% or so.

Dragoshi1

Yep, got the game yesterday, between it and MH3U, I haven't had time to go on a computer!

The game is fun as hell, 'nuff said. It oozes charm and personality.

The characters are all well written and hilarious, and the cheesey one-liners get a chuckle or guffaw out of me from time to time.

I do not see the early complaining with bad vehicle handling.

The starting cop car I'll admit I fishtailed with more than once, but everything else drives awesome.

Right now, just trying to get through the story a bit to get all of the disguises, than I plan to roam at my leisure.

jmls1121

Banned
OK, this game is amazing.

Yes, the load times are crap. The jaggies aren't too bad given the good lighting and art direction. The driving is fine once you get used to it.

This game OOZES charm, and I don't know what the reviewers were talking about when they said the jokes are too juvenile.

I was cracking up when the police chief was briefing the squad about the new surveillance cameras only to see clowns ransacking the city, in an overt nod to the Dark Knight.

EVERYONE GET TO THE BANK!

Volcynika

I love this game's humor, been laughing a good bit.

"I can't imagine how hard it was to come back here"
"I had to get a new passport."
"O...........kayyyyyy."

Top Bottom