• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

deviljho

this game saves the game for each account individually, doesn't it? So not like Mario or Nintendoland one save for all accounts?

It depends on the type of game. Games where multiplayer progress matters have a unified save so that all users can pick up where everyone left off.

Ridley327

It looks like most Best Buys and Targets have them in stock today. Can't wait until I get off work!

You might run into an issue at Best Buy with getting the game, as our POS system is insisting that the game has a hard street date of tomorrow, and we have no way of overriding that prompt.

This company can be quite stupid.

But I don't recall seeing any of those...unless I'm blind.

- Beat Chapter 1
- Go back to the Police Station
- Go to the basement
- Talk to lady behind the requasitions counter
- Go down the stairs to the gym area
- Break Police box
- Build Booth
- Booth boxes are now unlocked across Lego City

- Beat Chapter 1
- Go back to the Police Station
- Go to the basement
- Talk to lady behind the requasitions counter
- Go down the stairs to the gym area
- Break Police box
- Build Booth
- Booth boxes are now unlocked across Lego City

Thank you.

Has the Community popped up in the Plaza at all?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If my Amazon preorder doesn't ship tonight I'll try and hunt this down tomorrow. It appears that my closest Best Buy doesn't have it, but others do.

CrisKre

For those on the fence, this game is ace. The best way to describe it for me is GTA meets Mickeys Magical Quest with how the disguises work and the abilities the have. That, and a good dose of charm and humor with high production values.

As a matter of fact I would LOVE a new Magical Quest title done with this template. DO IT TT!

It sucks for a lot of us that used to VG shop exclusively at Amazon. Neither Newegg or BestBuy has proven to be anywhere near as reliable as Amazon was when it comes to meeting shipment dates.
Is this the definition of a self-fulfilling prophecy? I ordered three Wii U games that should have been available today.

Lego City - BestBuy - Backordered until the 2nd week of April

MH3U - Newegg - Cancelled due to no stock

NFSMWU - Amazon - In my hands and ready to play.

BestBuy says I can switch to another game so what else is out right now for $50 that's worth getting? All I have are launch games plus NFS.

J.W.Crazy

You might run into an issue at Best Buy with getting the game, as our POS system is insisting that the game has a hard street date of tomorrow, and we have no way of overriding that prompt.

Yeah, I got it but it was kind of a hassle. They called some place (corprate?) and they said it was a known issue with no current resolution. They ended up charging me for Just Dance 4 (first game they saw with the same price) and letting me take Lego City. My brother works for the company that does their movie merchandising and they recognized him so I don't know if I got special treatment or not.

If you return NFS tomorrow for Lego, you can get it from EA/Origin today for $30 with free shipping. Click the link in the OP.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526386

I already got them both. Saw the sale price as soon as I got back from the store but I'm not too bothered. I should probably just take NFS back but it's just nice to have new games for Wii U so I think I'll just pretend I'm doing it to support Criterion at full price. Sucks they didn't advertise it though.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
My Best Buy has them, but can't sell them because of some technicality with their new 3/20 date.

Oh well, picked up Most Wanted U (price match) and I'll be playing that tonight!

AirBrian

OK, thanks for the heads-up.

It's showing a store pickup date of 03/19 online, so I might just do that if the B&M stores are having technical issues. Maybe. :lol

Like the way the nintendo references are handled in this game. They're not splattered all over the place just here and there.

Some I've ran across (I'm only up to the third suit)

The Mario Star in the balloon in the main part of the city
One of the vehicles is named The Epona
There are a few coin blocks scattered throughout the city
If you fish off the dock you can catch a cheap-cheap sometimes

And I'm sure there are tons more.

GulAtiCa

Good thing I bought the game on the eShop, my physical copy just got back ordered. I'll prob just go ahead and cancel it. (since really don't need a physical copy now)

Snookie

From Best Buy:

We're sorry, but your recently ordered item has gone on backorder. We expect it to arrive between April 2 and April 11. To keep you informed of its delivery, we'll send tracking information once it has shipped.

:(

clear31

best buy just sent me an email saying it is now backordered, says i will receive it between april 1-10

I would order it elsewhere, but I got in on some buy 1 get 1 50% off deal with best buy

Revven

So, basically this game is a good idea to pick up if you own a Wii U barring the fact that it has some bad loading times?

Also, does it come with a Club Nintendo code at all?

So, basically this game is a good idea to pick up if you own a Wii U barring the fact that it has some bad loading times?

I would definitely think it would include a CN code as it is published directly by Nintendo of America and it was eligible for "Intend to Buy" registration on the CN website.

And it looks like my local Best Buy has copies available for in-store pickup. Tempted to order it from them and cancel my GameStop preorder that already has $10 down.

If you guys haven't seen Smiles and Cries in a while, well, it's because he's...

jnzrGaQx4Lql9.png

...exploring Fairhaven in his BMW.

(Not sure why it says ??? instead of Need For Speed: Most Wanted U)

CrisKre

Its a great game. I came in without much enthusiasm not really having loved any of the Lego games. This game is superb though. It does have a Club Nintendo code.

Man this download is taking forever, any tip a poor desperate man can get to play this game sooner.

41%, today it has gone from 8am til now 5pm only 14%, because it was at 27% today early.

RobbieNick

FINALLY! Got a copy from Best Buy. I checked online for what stores have it and picked it up. However, the guy helping me Had a real hard time finding it, but I appreciate all the effort he went to. Then, the register wouldn't let him ring it up due to that stupid false 4/20 street date. Luckily, he was a gamer as well, and knew that was wrong so he got the assistant manager and after about 40 minutes from when I got into the store, I finally left with my copy.

BTW, DON'T trade in games there. Even with their 100% credit this week, they still are lower than Gamestop. Awful.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
FINALLY! Got a copy from Best Buy. I checked online for what stores have it and picked it up. However, the guy helping me Had a real hard time finding it, but I appreciate all the effort he went to. Then, the register wouldn't let him ring it up due to that stupid false 4/20 street date. Luckily, he was a gamer as well, and knew that was wrong so he got the assistant manager and after about 40 minutes from when I got into the store, I finally left with my copy.

BTW, DON'T trade in games there. Even with their 100% credit this week, they still are lower than Gamestop. Awful.

Not always true. I got $38 for Tomb Raider and $22 for Sonic Racing recently.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
yeah gamestop dun f'd up the shipment, err maybe it was nintendo's fault, either way it's downloading while im at work

i'm gonna get more satisfaction than i should when they call me thursday to say my game is in, and i say sorry brehs, too late

If Amazon AND Gamestop are having issues, it's definitely a Nintendo fuck up. Fire Emblem was the same way

For those with retail copies - are loading times bearable?

The load time into the city is pretty obscene IMO. Thankfully it's the only time you really have to stare at a loading screen. It has a progress bar and everything.

The game itself is even better than I could have hoped. My daughter's eyes lit up every time the girl called and communicated through the pad. They just look back and forth from TV to pad in amazement. Using it to locate footprints and bad guys was icing on the cake.

Great game, really.

The only load time that is really bad is if it has to load back into the city. Most other load times aren't long waits.

Ah cool, should hopefully be getting a late review copy - will download a digital copy though it it proves to have significantly less loading times.

big youth

I was walking by the toy section of Target and noticed there are LEGO City brand LEGOs. I hadn't realized this game ties into their actual LEGOs. that's quite smart

I was walking by the toy section of Target and noticed there are LEGO City brand LEGOs. I hadn't realized this game ties into their actual LEGOs. that's quite smart

Yeah, LEGO City has been around for quite some time. It's the brand line that has all the firetrucks, police cars, and construction vehicles.

Effect

Well this has been annoying. Monster Hunter wasn't delivered because of "weather" but snow has been melting all day. So likely it will be delivered tomorrow. NewEgg still hasn't changed when it comes to my order. Not even a charge.

B-Dex

Seems only the US and weird big box in Canada had "shipping delays". My eb games had it before release and sold it to me on the 18th.

kunonabi

My copy from Best Buy has been put on backorder until mid April. They say I can call and try and find a copy locally though.

Top Bottom