• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets break down this new Shadow of War Charity DLC...

bigJP

Wtf at peoples reaction. It feels like everything on gaf is an extreme. Like how in the grrm thread he is the worst writer in existence now. People have their mind skewed and refuse to accept any sort of explanation.

Septimius

Wtf at peoples reaction. It feels like everything on gaf is an extreme. Like how in the grrm thread he is the worst writer in existence now. People have their mind skewed and refuse to accept any sort of explanation.

There are going to be some topics that are extreme. That's how things work. Saying that "too many are extreme" isn't an argument against why this is a terrible idea on WB's part, and I can't see how you could make that argument. I don't care for the game in question. I don't care for WB. I am not a part of some "oh look at them, everything they do is stupid"-mob. I just think it's extremely low to make money off of a dead person's memory.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
There are going to be some topics that are extreme. That's how things work. Saying that "too many are extreme" isn't an argument against why this is a terrible idea on WB's part, and I can't see how you could make that argument. I don't care for the game in question. I don't care for WB. I am not a part of some "oh look at them, everything they do is stupid"-mob. I just think it's extremely low to make money off of a dead person's memory.

Yeah you are right, they should have not made this, forget about the guy, and tell his family to fuck off!

edgefusion

It's okay for multi-million dollar corporations to profiteer off the death of cancer victims is now the world we live in, I guess.

BigEmil

Don't profit off of other people's miseries then even with not money but exposure and fame off it and 'good' pr to drive sales for your game

Septimius

Yeah you are right, they should have not made this, forget about the guy, and tell his family to fuck off!

Them not doing anything would be more respectful of Forgey than what they currently have. If they wanted to honor him, they could've just put him in the game for everyone. If they wanted to make it charity focused, they could've matched all the income they get from the DLC in donations. But they don't.

It's not to say that this has spawned from greed, but it is to say that it is shitty making a profit off of people wanting to give to charity.

Top Bottom