• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT3| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
TWGOK: B+

17? Shiori? Bwahahahaha. :lol

No, but seriously, I liked Shiori, she is a weird mofo but that's not a terrible thing. I'm not mad at the fact that she has a goddess, and her goddess looks to be the same way LOL. Keima, cross dressing again? Okay, bro. Good chapter, the only reason it gets any negative points is because not much actually happened, but I won't hate on that since this is the start of a new conquest. Good shit.

You bring up a good point, that a lot of shonen battles are purely about matchups.

And Sauce is a bad matchup for Naruto (from Naruto's POV). Naruto's one weakness is Genjutsu. Even during this recent training and power up, all he's been taught is how to better himself in Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, and other special arts, but nothing involving Genjutsu. Sure, Jiraiya taught him how to break out of a simple genjutsu, but that was basic stuff.

None of Naruto's fights since the timeskip have involved Naruto facing an opponent that excels in Genjutsu. Even Pain's one weakness was Genjutsu (which Jiraiya didn't know how to do, he needed the frogs for it). Of course, Sasuke excels at eyespamming genjutsu. That's what the sharingan is all about, it would be stupid for him to not take advantage of that in a fight.

And then, like I mentioned before, the Sharingan's main purpose was to subdue the Kyuubi. We don't even know what the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan can do. Sage Mode Naruto - fine, but this new mode heavily relies upon the Kyuubi in (I suppose) a multitude of ways. If Sauce has the Sharingan, I don't see why he can't make all of this recent training null & void since he can control the Kyuubi as much as the host of the Kyuubi can (my evidence for that - the very first meeting Naruto and his lover had at Oro's hideout).

Two big points that lead me to the conclusion that I come to

Sadly all of this possibly wont matter since Naruto is gonna want to sandbag like some retard

Maybe, but his story has been better than Naruto's based on what I'm reading now. Yep. I'll stick by that. Like I said, I hated the sauce in part 1 and really liked pre-timeskip Naruto, a lot. But now, Kishimoto has written Naruto's character and story into the ground.

The dynamic between those 2 worked better in part 1 imo (Naruto seeing the Sauce as an opponent he needed to surpass and a friend to help, The sauce finally seeing Naruto as a rival and his conflict between having a "new family" vs going after Itachi and his revenge).

That final moment during their fight he officially decided the latter but still seemed conflicted for leaving.

Now it seems the 2 years he forgot that hes all "i don't give a fuck, wah" and Naruto is all "remember all the memories we shared, plz come back".

And yes i will agree that Naruto in Part 2 has been kinda lame (still a genin officially, didn't learn shit from a great ninja after 2 years, now revealed he was part of a special family all along, fainting, less training and determination and "more talk no justu",basically fulfilled his goal of being noticed by everyone in the village, etc )

Kreed

Hey God's Beard, speaking of Zetman, 164 just came out.

Hajime No Ippo 938:

Well I was wrong about Ippo getting a punch in before receiving the counter but at least he didn't get knocked out/shrugged the blow off, and maybe he will finally end this fight if nothing gets drawn out. Surprisingly this chapter was a LOT better than the previous couple of weeks since there was actual action in it that was worth the hype.

Wiseblade

JJBA
mrsqrn.jpg

Dio is twisted.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Infinite Justice said:
Sadly all of this possibly wont matter since Naruto is gonna want to sandbag like some retard

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Infinite Justice said:
The dynamic between those 2 worked better in part 1 imo (Naruto seeing the Sauce as an opponent he needed to surpass and a friend to help, The sauce finally seeing Naruto as a rival and his conflict between having a "new family" vs going after Itachi and his revenge).

That final moment during their fight he officially decided the latter but still seemed conflicted for leaving.

Now it seems the 2 years he forgot that hes all "i don't give a fuck, wah" and Naruto is all "remember all the memories we shared, plz come back".

And yes i will agree that Naruto in Part 2 has been kinda lame (still a genin officially, didn't learn shit from a great ninja after 2 years, now revealed he was part of a special family all along, fainting, less training and determination and "more talk no justu",basically fulfilled his goal of being noticed by everyone in the village, etc )

I agree with all of this. Part 1 Naruto vs Sauce was very well done by Kishi. I'm not sure why he decided to do all of the clusterfucks he's done after the time skip.

That's because Kishimoto is really, really good at making characters and making those characters work out their issues via fights.

He's fucking HORRENDOUS when it comes to using those characters to advance a plot. Any character development and uniqueness is sacrificed in order to advance the plot.

Stat Flow said:
Where are we getting this Bleach databook info from?

http://bleachasylum.com/threads/18273-BLEACH-Official-Fan-Book-3-UNMASKED/page64

There's the latest stuff. The poem is translated on the next page by Lumi. It goes "Yammy, Yammy. The night has come again to our world."

There's actually a novel for the puppy, and I think Mz D's going to try to scan it.

Also, Grimmjow's not confirmed dead. There are no death confirmations. Those rumors came from a tumblr account that posted the information as coming from 4chan, and the 4chan link is dead. So, Grimmjow's fate is still an unknown. All we know is Harribel and co definitely survived.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Aoi Hana: Caught up after putting it off for ages.

SO.

GOOD.

OMG.

Akiko is GAWD TIER.

shintoki said:
Seems familiar.

Grimmjaw, Stark, and Harribel all being alive.

By Harribel and co, I mean harribel and her fraccion. The only reason we know they are alive is cause they are mentioned in Yammy's Dog's novel.

Rorschach

Kreed said:
Hey God's Beard, speaking of Zetman, 164 just came out.

Hajime No Ippo 938:

Well I was wrong about Ippo getting a punch in before receiving the counter but at least he didn't get knocked out/shrugged the blow off, and maybe he will finally end this fight if nothing gets drawn out. Surprisingly this chapter was a LOT better than the previous couple of weeks since there was actual action in it that was worth the hype.
:D

I hope Ippo retaliates with "vengeance and furious anger", but the way the last few panels looked, it seemed like it might be one of those moments where he tries to retaliate and his knees kinda give out. Hopefully, though, we get a full color splash page of Ippo laying the smackdown. *crosses fingers*

Guardian Dog

Good ending. I think it lacked the buildup to really be as heartwarming as the author would've wanted, but still not bad. Seems like the dude being able to interact with the world was a last minute decision to make the ending lean more toward sweet than bitter, but I liked it nonetheless. Wish it was longer.

Cwarrior

Aku no Hana 17

lol kid crys like a bitch

Aku no hana 17.5

little bit of a retcon there, not a fan of that stuff,

Virgin na Kankei ch1-14(random manga am going to stop reading now)

Protagonist deserve a school days ending, no much worse.

Hopeless loser who keeps "accidentally" cheating on his faithful lover dozen of times but get suspicions of her all time, yet at one point he fucks his girlfriends neighbor in her house while she's in the kitchen making him something.

I don't know if the mangka wants me to cheer on this guy or feel sorry for him or what(or maybe its just hentai now)? Worse part is he gets a happy ending where he marry the girl he loves who he keeps cheating on.

In the sequel its about him "accidentally" cheating on his wife lol

I hear it gets much worse from here some am outta here

mugurumakensei said:
http://bleachasylum.com/threads/18273-BLEACH-Official-Fan-Book-3-UNMASKED/page64

There's the latest stuff. The poem is translated on the next page by Lumi. It goes "Yammy, Yammy. The night has come again to our world."

There's actually a novel for the puppy, and I think Mz D's going to try to scan it.

Also, Grimmjow's not confirmed dead. There are no death confirmations. Those rumors came from a tumblr account that posted the information as coming from 4chan, and the 4chan link is dead. So, Grimmjow's fate is still an unknown. All we know is Harribel and co definitely survived.

Wow Kubo really went all out on those Ichigo designs, all of them and especially that magazine cover look awesome. Hopefully VIZ is competent and releases this in the US before 2014...late but still nice to have for the sake of it.

Articalys

Dedication Through Light said:
Wow Kubo really went all out on those Ichigo designs, all of them and especially that magazine cover look awesome. Hopefully VIZ is competent and releases this in the US before 2014...late but still nice to have for the sake of it.
What this reveals most of all is that Tite Kubo secretly wants to be a fashion designer but got stuck drawing manga instead.

Obama as a shinigami? I'd read that arc!

one Piece

I'm catching up and wow ... jinbei and arlong? No way!
I really don't give a shit and hope it's over soon :/

Cwarrior said:
Aku no Hana 17

lol kid crys like a bitch

Aku no hana 17.5[/B

little bit of a retcon there, not a fan of that stuff,

Not really imo since the dude seems to be different but we would have to see if this is continued in the next volume.

Zetsuen no Tempest

Whoa, jumping right into the action at the beginning. Already got a dude that can stop bullets and some kind of giant fruit ascending into the sky because of butterflies or something.

Gonna have to keep an eye on this.

Articalys

KNIM 138

"What was I thinking? Doing such a thing when I already have a girlfriend..."
NO SHIT, ASSHOLE
*end of chapter*
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
HERE WE GOOOOOOOO
HARUTO IS UTTERLY SCREWED

trejo

Hey all. So, some people somehow managed to convince me to pick up the Claymore manga from where the anime left off.

Best. Thing. Ever.

Whereas the anime ends with some shitty Power of Love bullcrap the manga keeps things going in a super badass way. I'm only up to chapter 68 but so far it's so superior to its animated counterpart it's not even funny.

Only downside is it's gonna suck having to be stuck waiting once I'm all caught up. Oh well.

Lain

KNIM 138

lololol!
Haruto just can't stop lying. It is part of his nature. No matter if he's doing something completely OK, if he's getting caught by the events or if he's being a motherfucking piece of shit, he is only able to lie first and have remorses later.
The setup was too obvious though, seeing Asuka sitting on there, asking him where he was and he lying.
I don't have much hope for the next chapter to be rewarding enough, unless Asuka stabs him.

Solune

trejo said:
Hey all. So, some people somehow managed to convince me to pick up the Claymore manga from where the anime left off.

Best. Thing. Ever.

Whereas the anime ends with some shitty Power of Love bullcrap the manga keeps things going in a super badass way. I'm only up to chapter 68 but so far it's so superior to its animated counterpart it's not even funny.

Only downside is it's gonna suck having to be stuck waiting once I'm all caught up. Oh well.
Yah, the anime adaptation does its own thing. But the manga has remained consistent as I've said before. It does a good job of keeping you guessing on what's gonna happen next.

Cwarrior

Nozoki Ana 1-20

Interesting story about a guy who moves in, next to a girl who likes to watch him through a crack in the wall, but the thing i don't like about it is how the girls throw them self at the main guy for just existing, guy get more chicks crazy about him then the guy with the tatoo butt power.

Zetsuen no Tempest vol 2

Mahiro is nuts. The dude just doesn't give a shit about the world. Love that he can make the main antagonist shiver so early in the series.

Lain

I was able to resist the urge to buy the second volume of KNIM this month (because I was already over the limit on how much I should spend on this stuff).
If I can keep it up next month as well, I might be saved from wasting a little bit of money... but I'm not positive I'll be able to follow through.
Yet the shittacularity of KNIM is easy to get over, since in a couple of days I'll have the first two volumes of Attack no.1, the first volume of Hello! Spank and the complete version of Georgie to keep me busy.

Fairy Tail 237

The continued incorporation of fan favorite Gerard and involving him in a key aspect of Erza's character for the chapter worked wonders. Although he did not play a bigger part, such as breaking out and devastating Erza's adversary, my disappointment was quickly turned to excitement when she was inspired by his voice to get up and fight back. Once again, pulling all her power and the protection from her friends into her sword attack, I was stunned at the intense defeat of Azuma right before my eyes. Sure it could have had more extreme action, but it was still enjoyable. Now, if we can return to Gray and Ultear, I will be glad.

Dedication Through Light said:
Fairy Tail 237

The continued incorporation of fan favorite Gerard and involving him in a key aspect of Erza's character for the chapter worked wonders. Although he did not play a bigger part, such as breaking out and devastating Erza's adversary, my disappointment was quickly turned to excitement when she was inspired by his voice to get up and fight back. Once again, pulling all her power and the protection from her friends into her sword attack, I was stunned at the intense defeat of Azuma right before my eyes. Sure it could have had more extreme action, but it was still enjoyable. Now, if we can return to Gray and Ultear, I will be glad.

I gotta ask man, aren't you even in the slightest bit bothered by Erza getting a triple dose of "friendship enpowerment" ? Doesn't it even seem a bit cheesy or over the top to you? at all ?

Fairy Tail 1

That was a good first chapter. Natsu being a member of Fairy Tail was quite the surprise and his entry and first fight was awesome. He reminds me a bit of Luffy, but it's all cool. Shitty talking pets are annoying, though and I already wish Happy would die at some point. It definitely got me interested in the series and I can't wait for the major drop in quality. :lol

Reknoc

Urban Scholar said:
Riding in style, may favorite by the way.

Yea, the tortoise gets a lot cooler in the last two volumes.

Finished up part 5 and started part 6. I think it's definitely my favourite part so far thanks to the characters, setting, mafia theme, and some really neat stands (Aerosmith). Though I felt a couple of fights went on a bit longer than they needed to.

Part 6 seems cool so far, some goblin looking people though.

Kreed

Fairy Tail

brotkasten said:
That was a good first chapter. Natsu being a member of Fairy Tail was quite the surprise and his entry and first fight was awesome. He reminds me a bit of Luffy, but it's all cool. Shitty talking pets are annoying, though and I already wish Happy would die at some point. It definitely got me interested in the series and I can't wait for the major drop in quality. :lol

It won't take you long to reach the quality drop IMO, the manga peaks around the 40s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom