• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT3| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

cosmicblizzard said:
Claymore

All caught up. Nice to see Miria alive. I picked an awesome time to start this with nearly all the claymores betraying the organization. Gonna make the wait that much more painful though.

Also, Raki is awesome now.
Raki is indeed awesome now. Will be interesting the way he's developed his abilities. Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the male claymore or something equivalent.

Steroyd

Articalys said:
Oh, did someone finally do the Gintama side of that crossover? I remember the Sket Dance one was out a few weeks ago.

Yeah it's histerical, Gintama doing what Gintama does best, and pokes fun at the Toriko x One Piece cross over.

Break Hands vol 1

Wow, this is crazy fast paced. Only on chapter 3 and we're already in a major military operation with the main character closing in on the antagonist. I guess it has to be fast since it's only 13 chapters, but still nuts for a battle series.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Master Milk said:
It's not a bet. It was an agreement. The editor said he would consider Eiji's offer if he managed to become number one. The editor doesn't seem like the kind of guy to go back on his word when it's within his power, so I don't think you can call it pointless. And PCP isn't that good of a manga. It's definitely not No. 3.

There were issues with it right from the start, and lately those issues are actually becoming more relevant with the copycat. Add to that the rankings were down for a few weeks, and even though they've recovered, they're still falling behind to other authors with anime for their series. Plus, the duo themselves have been wanting to move on for awhile now, after they came to accept they'd never get an anime.

I think the chief also believes the boys can make a really good manga, the same way Hattori does. He's usually really insightful about the authors and the manga running, and how things need to play out for good results. He could see his agreement with Eiji as the perfect excuse to cancel PCP.

It's probably not something you'd ever see in real life, but it's not some logic crushing scenario either.
Your assessment of how good PCP is is entirely based on whether it drives the plot sufficiently.

Finally got through Bleach 450
tumblr_lm6oimXrZo1qeu7tmo1_250.jpg

The chapter left me wanting more. On one hand, as a Bleach fan, I would have to say it was another continuous quality Bleach chapter delivering the goods and keeping me hooked with the final panel raising the intensity. On the other hand, the chapter left much to be desired with wanting to know more, who was that past shinigami already, what is Tsukishima up too, his ultimate plan still, what happened to Uryu, Karin? and Im wanting more action. I grow agitated waiting for details.

survivor

Banned
TWGOK

Can't remember what's the number, but I really liked the chapter where Keima is trying to finish a really buggy game and it keeps looping on him. Also so far out of all the girls he captured, I liked the rich one the most.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I kind of wish they mentioned how Switch in Sket Dance looks like a younger Hijikata...

Surely I'm not the only one who sees it? :0

I wonder if there's anyway this will get animated...

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Dedication Through Light said:
Finally got through Bleach 450
tumblr_lm6oimXrZo1qeu7tmo1_250.jpg

The chapter left me wanting more. On one hand, as a Bleach fan, I would have to say it was another continuous quality Bleach chapter delivering the goods and keeping me hooked with the final panel raising the intensity. On the other hand, the chapter left much to be desired with wanting to know more, who was that past shinigami already, what is Tsukishima up too, his ultimate plan still, what happened to Uryu, Karin? and Im wanting more action. I grow agitated waiting for details.
I don't get that girl's butt cheek hat.

http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/95863947/13

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mangazone's decision to compete on the big series was pretty ill-advised. It's all significantly lower quality to Mangastream's in every respect other than speed, which is not all that much better anyways.

Work on something that actually has no decent scanners, you ghouls.

Angry Grimace said:
Mangazone's decision to compete on the big series was pretty ill-advised. It's all significantly lower quality to Mangastream's in every respect other than speed, which is not all that much better anyways.

Work on something that actually has no decent scanners, you ghouls.
Their goal is specifically to compete with Mangastream. May not be the most productive aim, but trust me when I say there's no use trying to dissuade them.

Break Hands

Yeah, this definitely got axed. Very rushed ending with little buildup. At least it actually got one though even if it was incredibly cliche by means of getting it done.

Angry Grimace

Ignis Fatuus said:
Their goal is specifically to compete with Mangastream. May not be the most productive aim, but trust me when I say there's no use trying to dissuade them.
The manga scans industry is not an "economy" in which competition is needed unless there's a problem with speed or quality. Frankly, their scans kinda suck. See this week's Fairy Tail to see what I mean.

upandaway

Ignis Fatuus said:
You talked with them?

Did they tell you how many go to their site?

upandaway said:
You talked with them?

Did they tell you how many go to their site?
Yes, and no. They give us raws and we mind our own business. Originally the provider wanted us to race Mangastream on the Big 3 but we declined for the obvious reasons and some other ones too. Our refusal caused the creation of Mangazone. It's a sensitive subject so I can't say more than that.

In the midst of this little war between MS and MZ we just want to focus on our own shit and be left alone.

Monster Princess/Princess Resurrection/whatever 1-60

I have a policy of reading series that feature chainsaws. Actually, it was more entertaining than I was expecting.

Ignis Fatuus said:
Yes, and no. They give us raws and we mind our own business. Originally the provider wanted us to race Mangastream on the Big 3 but we declined for the obvious reasons and some other ones too. Our refusal caused the creation of Mangazone. It's a sensitive subject so I can't say more than that.

In the midst of this little war between MS and MZ we just want to focus on our own shit and be left alone.

So basically thier goal is very personal.

JDSN

Banned
Naruto.

So Sasuke fought all the Kages, including the Raikage and still had some energy to kill Danzou, but Naruto is barely as fast as the Raikage. Retroactive downgrade confirmed.

tenchir

JDSN said:
Naruto.

So Sasuke fought all the Kages, including the Raikage and still had some energy to kill Danzou, but Naruto is barely as fast as the Raikage. Retroactive downgrade confirmed.

He didn't fight them all at once, it was basically one after the others. He was also almost killed several times too if he didn't had help. Sasuke had plenty of energy when he fought Danzou, remember he got recharged by Zetsu and then got healed up by Karin(whom I think can also recharge his chakra)? Danzou didn't go full out against Sasuke because he still have to keep a reserve chakra in case Madara intervene.

Also keep in mind that Naruto doesn't really want to fight Raikage and Tsunade, otherwise I doubt Raikage would have such an easy time with him.

Articalys

Infinite Justice said:
So basically their goal is very personal.
The desire for attention is a powerful thing. Especially after you come into possession of week-early full raws from three of the biggest manga publications.
Anyway MS is still superior so I'll just steer clear of this thread on Wednesdays like I would for normal spoilers until the MS releases.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I just caught up with Beelzebub. Man this author is so good. His work is always consistently good and funny as well. Somehow he also mastered how to fit side characters in a manga without pushing them to the side.

Trojita said:
I just caught up with Beelzebub. Man this author is so good. His work is always consistently good and funny as well. Somehow he also mastered how to fit side characters in a manga without pushing them to the side.

then they wouldn't be side characters :p

But yea he actually treats them like they exist.

Solune

survivor said:
TWGOK

Can't remember what's the number, but I really liked the chapter where Keima is trying to finish a really buggy game and it keeps looping on him. Also so far out of all the girls he captured, I liked the rich one the most.
Should be Chapter 17 going by the Wiki. But yah it was pretty funny. Will look forward to it in the remaster. And I think you're the first one who's liked Mio the most, unless you're referring to Yui.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
tenchir said:
He didn't fight them all at once, it was basically one after the others. He was also almost killed several times too if he didn't had help. Sasuke had plenty of energy when he fought Danzou, remember he got recharged by Zetsu and then got healed up by Karin(whom I think can also recharge his chakra)? Danzou didn't go full out against Sasuke because he still have to keep a reserve chakra in case Madara intervene.

Also keep in mind that Naruto doesn't really want to fight Raikage and Tsunade, otherwise I doubt Raikage would have such an easy time with him.

Sauce > Naruto. Even Naruto said it.

tenchir

Stat Flow said:
Sauce > Naruto. Even Naruto said it.

Pre-Kyuubi Naruto said it. When Naruto said that, it was in the context of saving Sasuke without killing him. If Naruto wanted to kill Sasuke that time, then I think it could go either way with his sage mode.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
tenchir said:
Pre-Kyuubi Naruto said it. When Naruto said that, it was in the context of saving Sasuke without killing him. If Naruto wanted to kill Sasuke that time, then I think it could go either way with his sage mode.
And this was also pre-eternal mangekyou Sauce. He's gonna be pulling out master hax from his ass when he takes those bandages off.

And we don't even know what EMS can do yet. (Permanent Izanagi)....not to mention the Sharingan can subdue the kyuubi.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Urban Scholar said:
stat flow I'm coming under the impression you're quite the Sasuke fan...just a thought.
Not really, I absolutely hated sasuke in part one. He's done a complete 180 in comparison.

There's not really much to say regarding the sauce. I wouldn't say I'm a fan, it's just that he actually does shit in this manga. He's had plenty of fights, is goal oriented and is consistent in his character, whether or not that character is perceived as annoying or redundant.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of the people that wants him to get redeemed. Nope, that would be utterly stupid, and I'd prefer it if he just died at the end (as long as he can get a chance to fulfill his goals). He's way too far gone off the deep end. As a matter of fact, sasuke is the reason I hate naruto's character in part 2, but that doesn't take away from the Sauce.

Edit: And for the record, none of that is fan talk, I'm just talking about facts based on what I've read.

Stat Flow said:
Edit: And for the record, none of that is fan talk, I'm just talking about facts based on what I've read.

Oh indeed, the aforementioned is fact. I hope redemption is something that doesn't come his way but I can't claim so much with this author.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom