• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT3| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Bleach

Kubo really needs to realize he sucks at storytelling and should just focus on fights. This entire conversation with Orihime and the other girl was stupid and waste of time.

Naruto

Fist pumping motherfuckers are awesome. The Raikage is really cool guy and I hope to see him in more fights.

One Piece

Finally, this flashback is over. Time for Luffy to wreck some shit.

Articalys

survivor said:
Bleach

Kubo really needs to realize he sucks at storytelling and should just focus on fights. This entire conversation with Orihime and the other girl was stupid and waste of time.
He just sucks at pacing if you ask me. And it was worth it for that donut page.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
So going back to Jinbe's message for Luffy to not fight Hordy/Hodi, does this flashback pretty much mean that it was all about avoiding the appearance that Luffy was just another human out to hurt fishmen rather than any strength issues?

tenchir

DarthWoo said:
So going back to Jinbe's message for Luffy to not fight Hordy/Hodi, does this flashback pretty much mean that it was all about avoiding the appearance that Luffy was just another human out to hurt fishmen rather than any strength issues?

Sounds like it.

I definitely think that Hodi had something to do with Otohime's death. He's getting fishmen to desecrate her image even though he was the one who told everyone a human is the one who shot the queen.

Naruto....

This panel says it all.

xKeDQ.jpg

Bleach

Whacking a hornets nest.

One Piece

Could it be said that Luffy sleeps when personal info is shared out of a belief? He probably feels its not needed for him to hang with that person? If he really just falls asleep out of boredom that would be hard for me to believe. Then again he can't stand still. I think the flashback served its purpose rather well.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
NARUTO

So now we find out that if the Tailed Beast's Host dies, the tailed beast doesn't necessarily die and instead reappear after a certain amount of time. Makes some sense since they are living embodiment of chakra.

Why was the Nine Tails Fox acting like such a bitch when Naruto threatened him that if he dies so does the Fox?

Also I lol'd at the bathhouse picture.

Rorschach

Urban Scholar said:
One Piece

Could it be said that Luffy sleeps when personal info is shared out of a belief? He probably feels its not needed for him to hang with that person? If he really just falls asleep out of boredom that would be hard for me to believe. Then again he can't stand still. I think the flashback served its purpose rather well.
I think he kinda represented the reader during this particular arc. :p He fell asleep around the same time most of us got bored with it. ;)

I enjoyed the last couple of chapters of the flashback, though.

Trojita said:
NARUTO

So now we find out that if the Tailed Beast's Host dies, the tailed beast doesn't necessarily die and instead reappear after a certain amount of time. Makes some sense since they are living embodiment of chakra.

Why was the Nine Tails Fox acting like such a bitch when Naruto threatened him that if he dies so does the Fox?

Yeah, that's pretty weird. Fox should have been like "fuck it." And it doesn't make sense for him to try to talk Sasuke out of killing Naruto...

Sai

Trojita said:
NARUTO

Did you guys forget about this?

tenchir

Trojita said:
NARUTO

I don't think the Fox was scared at all, it was probably impressed by Naruto's gutsiness and was doing it for his own amusement.

fireside

Urban Scholar said:
One Piece

Luffy just suffers from narcolepsy.

Griffith

Banned
Toriko

A lot of good information this chapter, and I'm glad we finally know the name of the bird creatures. It would be pretty interesting if the Nitros were capturing and eating humans.

There's only one or two more ingredients Toriko has to get before he goes to the gourmet world right?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I read Mangazone's Blech chapter for two reasons this week, 1) because last week I thought that their translations were better than MS's in a few places and 2) MS was quite a bit behind.

Now I've read MangaSteam's Bleach and it is quite better than MZ's...not to mention the high quality of the scans. I guess there's still a big gap between the two.

About to read Hitman Reborn and Beelzebub.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Hitman Reborn: C-

I don't know if Amano was running late on time, but the art was a little sloppy in this chapter. Other than that, an expected progression (team up, counter attack, etc. etc.).

What really makes this chapter lame is the revelation that the whole "flood of the blood" and Iemtsu possibly killing Enma's family was all put on Damon. I mean, I wanted Tsuna's father to be involved in all of this somehow, but now Damon has just become the scapegoat for everything bad happening. Boo.

Otherwise, we know that this isn't the end of Damon, he still has master troll hax to do, and this battle probably won't be finished in this fight.

1stStrike

Banned
Naruto

I got into it when Naruto started getting ramped up, but the moment deflated when they went into fist bumping flashback mode. I really don't care for Bee much. If he starts rapping again I'm going to lose it.

MCD

@Ignis Fatuus

Any reason why your manga reader images are showing up on the left side instead of centered in IE9? It was fine a week ago.

Steroyd

Beelzebub

So Furuchi is the cause of the war.

And lmafo at the ending, didn't expect that tbh, I can't wait to see where this leads.

MCD said:
@Ignis Fatuus

Any reason why your manga reader images are showing up on the left side instead of centered in IE9? It was fine a week ago.
I think we've been having some database issues. Might be related to the impending server move.

Stat Flow said:
Hitman Reborn: C-

I don't know if Amano was running late on time, but the art was a little sloppy in this chapter. Other than that, an expected progression (team up, counter attack, etc. etc.).

You seemed surprised about her art. Apart from intense action panels or extreme close ups, its always sloppy :( Her only weakness.

Kreed

Beelzebub 110:

Now THIS is how you do "misunderstandings". Prince En vs Furuichi was great and the ending was hilarious.

Normally, I HATE body swap stories. But in Beelzebub...I'm actually looking forward to this.

Toriko 143:

Very informative chapter. I figured the GT Robos were an attempt to imitate the Nitros. Still it's obvious Toriko and friends have a long way to go.

smurfx

get some go again
read the first 10 chapters of Shingeki no Kyojin. i wonder why i haven't seen more people here recommend it.

One Piece: Pretty okay chapter...but a break i am no happy :/

Naruto: A good chapter finally. Killer Bee and Raikage are the only reason I'm reading this manga. I don't mind the flashback just as long as we don't get any sharingan madara trolling for a while. I honestly don't know if B will die, logic says he will along with the kyuubi...but...why go through all that trouble teaching naruto to control the kyuubi when he'll die anyways?

Bleach: no comment...boring chapter as usual.

One Piece

The end to the flashback actually made me like the flashback even less. I liked the moment with the princes and Shirihoshi taking on Otohime's goal, but other than that the last two chapters made it an anti-climactic flashback. Pretty obvious it won't be some random pirate who killed Otohime. Glad it's back to current now let’s see some ass kicking.

Bleach

Was nice to see more interaction between Orihime and Riruka, but over all just an ok chapter.

Medaka Box 59-67
I like the idea of the 'Minuses' but still pretty confused on them. Can't wait to get to the next couple chapters with the fight between Zenkichi and Komagawa.

Kreed

Claymore 115:

I'm still not buying Raki being so skilled/strong, but he was easily the best part of the chapter. The organization sending out super warrior after warrior is getting old fast though, especially when they are all "rushed" and have some lame excuse for weaknesses/going berserk.

faridmon

A Huge Battleship said:
Finished my Kitoh manga binge. I'm surprised that Wings of Vendemiaire was his debut, since IMO it's his second best behind Bokurano. Hallucination from the Womb was great. Zansho wasn't bad. Sinna 1905 was bad.
Kitos is my favourite Mangaka after Urasawa. All his Mangas had me shocked and suprised.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
RepairmanJack said:
One Piece
The end to the flashback actually made me like the flashback even less.
Yeah. I also thought the end to this flashback was weak and anti-climactic. Overall the talk of the greatness (from Jinbei) of the queen preceding the flashback didn't get through to me after all is said and done...she was cool, but yeah.

upandaway

Toriko

Tons of info. I guess things kick into gear now.

I think we're done with the human world, really. The next arc may still be in the human world, but it'll still be about the Nitro/Gourmet World for sure.
Toriko's list is far from done, but I never expected him to complete it anyway. The author is trying really hard not to make the series standardized or stale.

Beelzebub

Awesome.

Magico

"No touching"
axfDd.gif

I love this. This chapter was too much for my heart to handle. Cuteness overload.

One Piece
The flashback is over! Praise be to god! This shitty arc can finally get a little closer to ending. Glad to see Luffy was as bored with it as I was lolz also break right after finally finishing the flashback = lol/sigh.

Naruto

Pretty good chapter. Was disappointed that Raikage is supposedly as fast as Nine tails mode, I call bullshit on that one I don't care if he's the fastest shinobi. Didn't expect a flashback here, hopefully it will be interesting because it's not really the ideal time to go into one. Interesting that Bee and Raikage aren't really brothers though.

Reborn

That was a pretty cool combination attack, clever. Too bad it won't do a damn thing to Spade. Again, I'd expect Spade to run off but the fact that he has the two families locked up would say otherwise. I doubt a new arc would start with just Tsuna and Enma fighting their way towards Spade in some fortress or something so there has to be some kind of resolution coming.

HSDK
Damn, was hoping it would aggresively head towards Sakaki fighting God Fist but guess that's still being built up. Stupid that Yami is trying to capture Miu for an apprentice, give me a break. You're going to have the whole dojo on your ass and Miu wouldn't agree to train anyway. Better not pull some bs where he offers her info on her father in return for training under him.

Bleach

Pretty crappy chapter. The eye slash was cool, shows the training is kicking up another notch but the conversation before the two girls was dumb as hell. Less focus on dumb bitches Kubo. She's there to heal and I suppose activate Ichigo's protect mode, nothing else. Loli girl has absolutely no purpose for being in there, made no damn sense. I'm sure it's because she has a crush on Ichigo and her 'rival' was down there...that's stupid.

Claymore

I can't believe how long it's been since we've seen Claire, is she not coming back until the organization is defeated? Hopefully these new #1 warriors are the last thing they'll have to fight to end this battle. Incredibly obvious how it's going to go after that comment about how easily they'll awaken.

Wiseblade

One Piece

Why sre there always breaks whenever thing start to get real.

Up to the Water Seven arc in my rereads. It'll be interesting to see how the Enies Lobby situation was handled in the manga originally.

Kreed said:
Claymore 115:

I'm still not buying Raki being so skilled/strong, but he was easily the best part of the chapter. The organization sending out super warrior after warrior is getting old fast though, especially when they are all "rushed" and have some lame excuse for weaknesses/going berserk.

I'd say spending seven years training with Isley and and then roaming the world with Priscilla is more than enough to surpass the strength of the average human and some claymores-in-training.

Naruto

Also didn't like that Raikage is as fast as nine-tails Naruto, but I'm gonna chalk that up to naruto not having full control yet. oh yeah and i'm kinda hoping Bee stopped the fight to save Raikage from Naruto not the other way around :p

Kreed

Bakuman 134:

PLEASE let Eiji request to cancel PCP vs asking for a One Piece t-shirt or something. I won't even complain that they snuck you know who into the story again if they let Eiji do this one out of character jerk move.

Soneet said:
Thanks dude. And I'll just use this post to personally thank your team for all the effort (it would be bothersome to post about it every single time) that's put in weekly. Now I'm off to read.
You're very welcome.

upandaway said:
Bakuman

Holy shit at the last 2 pages! Gosh!

This is so stressful.
PCP doesn't stand a fuckin chance. It's gone.

Kreed said:
Bakuman 134:

PLEASE let Eiji request to cancel PCP vs asking for a One Piece t-shirt or something. I won't even complain that they snuck you know who into the story again if they let Eiji do this one out of character jerk move.
That would actually be so, so awesome. The greatest troll ever.

methane47 said:
Naruto

With Raikage being that fast.... Sasuke really shoulda been dead.
Oh yay bitching about Sasuke.

How the hell did his body tank a left hand chop beats me. When 9Tail Naruto felt a huge blow with just a block.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Crakatak187 said:
Oh yay bitching about Sasuke.

How the hell did his body tank a left hand chop beats me. When 9Tail Naruto felt a huge blow with just a block.

Congrats, you just realize that Kishimoto doesn't give a shit!

upandaway

Z2Fln.png

I guess it's because I'm tired, but Shinpachi here made me have a sudden burst of laughter. I swear I don't know what got into me, but I love this pic.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bakuman: B+

Eiji made this chapter, had the mean mug on for the entire chapter, and he just don't give a fuck. Minus points for any Nakai action, which is totally unnecessary and a page waster.

Shujin and Saiko discussing the possibility of a new series is great, but what would be even better is if Eiji sped that process up with a cancelation of PCP. Go hard, Eiji!

Now, I hope we aren't being trolled with this cliffhanger. Seriously.

methane47 said:
Naruto

Sauce is just a boss like that.

bigboss370 said:
Naruto
Also didn't like that Raikage is as fast as nine-tails Naruto, but I'm gonna chalk that up to naruto not having full control yet. oh yeah and i'm kinda hoping Bee stopped the fight to save Raikage from Naruto not the other way around :p
Raikage > Naruto in any mode. It's that simple.

Kreed said:
Bakuman 134:

Seriously. PCP needs to be done.

Steroyd

methane47 said:
Naruto

The funny (or worse) part about it is that given the Raikage's personality of kill first ask questions later, kishi can't pull the excuse of him holding back against the sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom