• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Can't wait to order an "Eat Hero Eat" shirt whenever they finally are released. Still waiting for the 1st hand accounts from gaffers who attended PWG last night.

Guzim

*squints, stares off into the distance*

Poor DM. His mind is really going at his age.

H6LN4.gif

I had a random flashback to LDW's Wrestling Channel days, and 1PW dvds of these two charver/townie characters but I can't remember their names. They were funny as hell though.

Darren Burridge?

The actual team called The Chavs have done surprisingly well for themselves, Mark Haskins is great and got a tiny TNA run, and Joel Redman had his NXT run and is not bad.

Line in the sand: Do you want Brock to stay or not?

I do

Yes. I want him to stay champ for years. I'd like it if he defended once a month though. Just have him show up at every PPV and just decimate whoever the #1 Contender is until next year's Wrestlemania where he gets beaten by Daniel Bryan.

Alucard

Banned
I legit hope Chris Hero is doing okay from a human perspective. He's undergone a pretty big transformation in a short amount of time. Hope he's not depressed or anything like that.

dream

Look Sunflower, you're pretty much the boss here. Can you decree that people cannot claim the right to making a specific OT for a specific month? That would eliminate problems like the one we had last night. It's really not that big of a deal. It's just a post on the Internet. It doesn't define you as a human being, and your sense of worth should't be wrapped up in professional wrestling. The world is a beautiful place and there's so much in it to see.

Barrage

Rewatching WM21 for shit's and giggles. Forgot how good the whole Hollywood theme was...really made the PPV feel unique, gave everyone something to do, and because they chose classic movies the bits have aged decently. Funny how they tried to hide Batista's acting ability, considering what we know now.

On the other hand, watching Eddie Guerrero in the opener of the PPV after his big year makes me realize how entitled some smarks are today(acknowledging that Bryan was more popular then Guerrero). If fans had tried to hijack Batista's run,we would've missed out on an excellent WM build-up between HHH/Batista.

On the other hand, watching Eddie Guerrero in the opener of the PPV after his big year makes me realize how entitled some smarks are today(acknowledging that Bryan was more popular then Guerrero). If fans had tried to hijack Batista's run,we would've missed out on an excellent WM build-up between HHH/Batista.

To be fair, Batista wasn't out on injury during the time that would have been used to help build him up as someone the fans would be willing to accept as the next big superstar.

Zach

Heyman's "I didn't listen to the RAW call" is such a fascinating look at the McMahon family

I remember listening to the podcast where he talked about this while trimming my crepe myrtles. >_>

I legit hope Chris Hero is doing okay from a human perspective. He's undergone a pretty big transformation in a short amount of time. Hope he's not depressed or anything like that.

I don't know anything about the guy outside of the posts on here about him being fat, but I'm gonna go ahead and say he's definitely depressed.

Look Sunflower, you're pretty much the boss here. Can you decree that people cannot claim the right to making a specific OT for a specific month? That would eliminate problems like the one we had last night. It's really not that big of a deal. It's just a post on the Internet. It doesn't define you as a human being, and your sense of worth should't be wrapped up in professional wrestling. The world is a beautiful place and there's so much in it to see.

Really there should be a system for it. Make a deadline for interested folks to enter the OT pool each month. And then Sunny McBuns can simulate a WWE 2K15 Rumble or whatever with their avatars/various Arn Anderson CAWs. The winner makes the OT that month. Simple.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Still eagerly awaiting the nu-metal resurgence. As is the WWE.

Linkin Park is more iconic than all your faves if you think about it. I mean there's kids making Linkin Park anime music videos TODAY who weren't even alive when Linkin Park was a thing.

2.20.2015 - AJPW Jr. Battle of Glory Finals - Atsushi Aoki vs. Kotaro Suzuki

1oVyp9f.gif

So after watching the wrong Suzuki vs Aoki match yesterday (watched their 2014 Jr. Battle Glory bout), I viewed the correct one. Wanted to see this as it was a part of Data West's Top 5 matches of the year so far. #5 specifically. I enjoyed the match, thought it was fun. I really like Aoki's look but fuck, Suzuki's strikes look incredibly weak. Really hard to buy into his forearms and elbows. In any case, check it out. Could be a potential top 5 MOTY so far, but I do not believe it will be at the end of 2015. Maybe even by the summer.

On a somewhat related note, GifCam is weird at times. The gif looks slow on my desktop but then on a browser, looks much faster. Are those any ideal settings that I should just be sticking with?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Aoki has that 'Iceman' Dean Malenko expression. Suzuki's strikes look great until they connect. Like he's scared he'll hurt somebody. Going by the style he wrestles, I bet that is exactly why he pulls back on connection.

And the AJPW logo is the best logo in the history of pro wrestling.

Vee_One

MOVE TO THE MUSIC

PLAY THAT FUCKING MUSIC

MOVE IT TO MY MUSIC YEAH

LET'S GET IT ON

Goddam I used to love that Raw theme. That and The Beautiful People used to get 18 year old me fired up for some Wrasslin.

In other news, I've been watchin this shit for too damn long

Zach

Goddam I used to love that Raw theme. That and The Beautiful People used to get 18 year old me fired up for some Wrasslin.

In other news, I've been watchin this shit for too damn long

You should take a ten-year break like I did.

Paracelsus

Rewatching WM21 for shit's and giggles. Forgot how good the whole Hollywood theme was...really made the PPV feel unique, gave everyone something to do, and because they chose classic movies the bits have aged decently. Funny how they tried to hide Batista's acting ability, considering what we know now.

Yeah, especially considering that build-up is the only good part of the whole Batista's career.

Same here. I really wanted to him to have success in The E. That's never going to happen now. But I sense that he is legit depressed. His body was his knock on him and he got worse. If only he could wear some black Under Armour and tactical gear......

Colocho

Banned
I have a question, if Roman Reigns wins the title at Wrestlemania and then Seth Rollins immediately comes out and cashes in the MitB and wins, is Reigns still considered to have won the title for record purposes?

Heroman

Banned
I have a question, if Roman Reigns wins the title at Wrestlemania and then Seth Rollins immediately comes out and cashes in the MitB and wins, is Reigns still considered to have won the title for record purposes?

Yes, he still won the belt.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Watching the Saturday Night Main Event on the Network thats on now. So good, Macho Man, The Body. This mic work, amazing. Everyone should be fuelled by coke in the WWE.

Hogan dropping about 200 money/banking references when cutting a promo on Million Dollar Man, amazing.

The cynic in me says that Reigns would go over Rollins in that kind of situation, even if it's just a 4 minute match. But it may depend on the crowd; could be setting up a riot if you pulled the trigger on that.

Edit: wow, I totally misread this post... Yes, he would have a world title win.

Alucard

Banned
K enough people that I know have talked about Shiozaki/Zeus that I'm going to watch it.

But I fully expect it to not be that great because I know they're just trying to be puro hipsters.

Just started watching this. Will let you know what I think when it's all over. Zeus seems pretty sloppy from the pre-recorded stuff before the match.

Brock playing both sides to get more money. Brock needs to do the smart move and get that fat payday from UFC for a few fights. Then he can go back to WWE later if he wants.

Just getting around to watching this week's Smackdown. I'm actually feeling OK with Bryan going after the IC title for a while. An IC scene with Bryan-Ambrose-Barrett etc. would be great to watch. Couple that with the apparent Cena US title reign, you make those titles something to be coveted even if you've been a world champion before. That will really help boost the mid/lower card. /optimism

Toki767

Brock playing both sides to get more money. Brock needs to do the smart move and get that fat payday from UFC for a few fights. Then he can go back to WWE later if he wants.
Basically. As much as I'd like to see him stay, the fact is WWE will always take him back.

Top Bottom