• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive food fight at a Monroe County high school ended with students being arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
1mIi9.jpg

Wow. Back in my day 1000 years ago, you got expelled for hitting someone with a lock...school lunch must be some nasty hardcore shit these days!!! Suspend them and make em clean it up. Have them stay after school and clean as well. Expelling them is ricockulous.

Wthermans

Banned
Man, when I was in high school some idiots decided to photocopy some money and pass it off at the in school branch of a local bank. The secret service ended up walking around for a week, I'm sure the kids got a suspension, but even those kids didn't end up expelled or in jail.

Yep. We had 5 guys from the local football team print off some money and pass it off as fake. Bought a couple of Dreamcasts with the money. They were the starting QB/RB/WR and had to pay a fine but not much else. Didn't even get arrested, just had to appear in court. Didn't miss any games of course.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Zero tolerance. People complain schools aren't doing enough, so when they do do something they go fullbore.

This reminds me of a story my brother told me, where a kid at his high school literally was suspended for throwing water on a girl and saying it was acid.

And it's not like he just carried around an unknown liquid in a container to throw on her either, he literally just flicked water from the water fountain on her. :/

Kettch

Reminds me of a massive paper ball fight we had on a middle school bus ride one day. The back versus the front, basically. Had two giant trash bags filled with paper shown to us the next day and a stern talking to.

Probably a good 18 years ago though, so I guess disciplinary actions have changed.

This is fair.

Every year when I was in high school, rumors swriled over upcoming food fights. Special assemblies would be held specifically to tell kids "if you do this, there will be consequences". Every year, they did it anyway. When some were suspended, it was always the same: "It was just a food fight, I didn't do anything!". Those kids need to grow up. They got a taste of what would happen if they randomly decided to fling food at strangers in a restaurant. They can't live in their protective, little bubble forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom