• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

iCEfiaMTamcy2.gif

rofl

Wow that's the best!

(Hope the girl is OK)

Why can't I find Chikara results anywhere? Did they announce a quick turn around for the shows?

Day show

Gavin opens the show with a song about Tag World

The Young Bucks def The Baltic Siege: The Bucks advance, putting the Latvian Proud Oak away with a spike tombstone piledriver.

The Spectral Envoy (Hallowicked & Frightmare) def Colony: Xtreme Force (deviANT & Orbit Adventure Ant) when The Xtreme Force is DQ'd for unmasking Frightmare. The Envoy advance. - Not sure why Arctic Rescue Ant was replaced

The Batiri def The Bravado Bros when Obariyon hits the Rapture DDT on Harlem

The Daywalkers of Alex Castle and Matt Cage (with Gangrel!) def Zero Gravity with a bicycle kick into a backdrop driver to advance - Both teams making their CHIKARA debuts - The Kentucky Buffet are now called The Daywalkers.

The Colony (Fire Ant & Green Ant) def Los Ice Creams when Green Ant pinned Ice Cream Jr. with a top rope splash

The Devastation Corporation def Gary The Barn Owl and Pierre Abernathy with the Death Blow on Gary - The Heart Throbs were not there so they pulled out the hat

Arik Cannon and Darin Corbin def Saturyne and Heidi Lovelace when Cannon puts Saturyne down with a brainbuster. AC/DC advance

Main event: Pieces of Hate (Jigsaw & The Shard) def Da Soul Touchaz when The Shard grapevines Acid Jaz's leg in an ankle lock, causing him to tap. Pieces of Hate advance

Evening show

TWGP Quarterfinal #1: The Young Bucks def Spectral Envoy. Young Bucks advance to the semifinals over Spectral Envoy after More Bang for your Buck on Frightmare

TWGP Quarterfinal #2: The Batiri def The Daywalkers. Obaryion pins Cage with the top rope DDT

TWGP Quarterfinal #3: Devastation Corporation vs. The Colony went to no finish via count-out. Double count-out. Winner of the next match gets a bye to the finals. Brawl is continuing. The unidentified third member of Dev. Corp. participates in the legal murder of Green and Fire Ant.

TWGP Quarterfinal #4: Pieces of Hate (Jigsaw & The Shard) def AC/DC (Arik Cannon & Darin Corbin) Pieces of Hate advance to the finals via a bye. Jig ‘n' Tonic on Corbin.

TWGP semifinal: The Young Bucks def the Batiri when Matt Jackson rolls up Kodama and sends the Bucks to the finals

Icarus def Colt Cabana after the pedigree

Grand Championship: Eddie Kingston def Archibald Peck to retain.

Backfist to the Future connects. Lights go out. Archie is not in the ring. Another Archibald Peck appeared in the balcony. Fans chanting "Where is Archie" and "You killed Archie." Kingston snapped. He threw a bunch of stuff in the ring. Kingston threatens Icarus and says Archie is dead.

TWGP Finals: Pieces of Hate def. The Young Bucks when the Shard makes Matt Jackson tap out to win the Tag World Grand Prix. They will use their points at the iPPV.

I have no idea what to think now after that Grand Championship match. So many questions and very few answers so far this season.? Even though the answers have been few and far between this year I'm absolutely loving this season. I feel like CHIKARA is building to something huge. Also here is the other
Archibald Peck who appeared after the backfist to the future.
http://i.minus.com/iAHUGL4m3sw0X.jpg

edit.

The Swamp Monster and Lance Steel were also in the balcony with the other Archibald Peck during the show. All three men are time travelers. I have no idea what it means.

F**k that PPV was boring.

Called every match right except the shit no-finish WWE title one, they're so lazy with it all. Can barely even pretend I care anymore, the 3 shit weeks to every 1 ok week is beyond taking its toll.

hertog

Lesnar/HHH was slow, plodding, and dull
Cena/Ryback had it's moments, but had a HORRIFIC ending
Orton/Show went on for an eternity
ADR/Swagger match was actually restarted after the ref asked for an instant replay, talk about opening Pandora's Box...
The Shield won belts, that was cool
Henry/Sheamus was pretty awful
Fandango/Jericho, meh, these guys have no chemistry

The show was garbage

This seems about right.
But I'm happy to see Lesnar and Jericho actually win for once.

The ppv just felt so sterile and by the numbers for an EXTREME rules ppv.
Except for the shield winning some midcard titles, nothing happened.

Yea thats the other stupid thing, so basically every dusty finish is gonna get restarted now right?

Right???

All it takes is another ref to actually be watching the terrible show and HOLD ON A MINUTE PLAYA THAT WASN'T FAIR RESTART THEY MATCH.

:|

But its ok cause Del Rio is the face yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

hertog

The thing I enjoyed the most was the interaction between BROCKKK LEESSNNNAARRR!! and Paul Heyman.

Can't wait for a Punk/Lesnar fued

hertog

Yea thats the other stupid thing, so basically every dusty finish is gonna get restarted now right?

Right???

All it takes is another ref to actually be watching the terrible show and HOLD ON A MINUTE PLAYA THAT WASN'T FAIR RESTART THEY MATCH.

But its ok cause Del Rio is the face yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

That felt hornswoggle as the an. GM bad

UberTag

I love how the front page of WWE.com has the headlines "John Cena Battered in Ruthless Brawl" and "Cena Refuses to Go to the Hospital" and yet you just know he'll come out tonight perfectly fine, crack jokes like nothing happened and wrestle comfortably in the main event instead of selling shit.

It is literally impossible to invest one's time or one's interest in a product that consistently refuses to take itself seriously.

Just 4 weeks until WWE Payback. Get excited everybody!

hertog

I almost look forward to Payback, in a so bad it's gonna be good kind of way. There's nothing WWE can book to get any kind of buyrates. No more special attractions like Jericho, HHH, Lesnar and they wasted their first Ryback/Cena match.

Hopefully they go in full on panic mode and actually shake some things up.

It's the WWE. They'll forget about the instant replay angle by tomorrow night.

I'm incredibly bored by the WWE right now. Don't care...at all. I barely even want to watch the segments involving The Shield or Daniel Bryan anymore. I just...don't care.

You know what the solution to your apathy is, right?

200px-NJPW-Logo.png

Good wrestling!

– WWE (NYSE:WWE) today announced PAYBACK™, a new exciting Pay Per View event. Fans attending PAYBACK™ presented by Olive Garden will be able to see their favorite Superstars, including current WWE Champion John Cena®, Sheamus®, Mark Henry® and Ryback®, plus many more.**

“We are thrilled you fucking stupid cunts,” said Gerrit Meier, Executive Vice President, International, WWE. “Those fucking idiots will buy anything. Fuck your stupid kids. Fuck them!"

“Allstate Arena is delighted to have WWE return to our facility this year. They are truly one of the world’s best at exploiting stupid motherfuckers,” added Allstate Arena General Manager. “The talent that has been lined up this year will be very popular. The storylines will make no sense, but no one cares. I don't care. Do you care? Fuck you!”

WWE makes history every day and breaks numerous records always. Attendance numbers are records and are always trending up. Please understand. We are popular and relevant. Thank you.

About WWE
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family-friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE programming is broadcast in more than 150 countries and 30 languages and reaches more than 650 million homes worldwide. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Istanbul and Tokyo.

Ryback was down well past the ten count. Him getting up does nothing for the outcome of the match had the ref counted. Double count out means no winner.

They should've done the count because it would have properly ended the match, but it would have done nothing for the outcome.

Guys, I think Aiii is legit shook.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I kind of want to watch WWE again. There's a lot of talent there I'm interested in seeing, but I'm concerned the booking will just leave the taste of a sour fish in my mouth.

Kaladin

I kind of want to watch WWE again. There's a lot of talent there I'm interested in seeing, but I'm concerned the booking will just leave the taste of a sour fish in my mouth.

Just do like I do and watch NXT regularly and PPVs. You don't even have to supplement it with watching Raw and Smackdown, PPVs catch you up with the video packages and you still get those sometimes on NXT also. WrassleGaf will alert you if there is a must see match.

Nebula

Just do like I do and watch NXT regularly and PPVs. You don't even have to supplement it with watching Raw and Smackdown, PPVs catch you up with the video packages and you still get those sometimes on NXT also. WrassleGaf will alert you if there is a must see match.

Pretty much this, but for me PPVs aren't even worth just diving into. I wait to hear what matches are good.

Penguin

Yeah, I feel like they treat each PPV as disaster to disaster

Instead of laying the foundation down for a compelling arc/story/character, they just want to survive for the next PPV buyrate

bart jr

Neo Member
Day show

I have no idea what to think now after that Grand Championship match. So many questions and very few answers so far this season.? Even though the answers have been few and far between this year I'm absolutely loving this season. I feel like CHIKARA is building to something huge. Also here is the other
Archibald Peck who appeared after the backfist to the future.
http://i.minus.com/iAHUGL4m3sw0X.jpg

edit.

The Swamp Monster and Lance Steel were also in the balcony with the other Archibald Peck during the show. All three men are time travelers. I have no idea what it means.

Unfortunately I have not kept up with this season of Chikara. Did you ever end up posting that theory about the potential time traveling stuff that's going on? I tried finding it but may have overlooked it.

Nebula

Unfortunately I have not kept up with this season of Chikara. Did you ever end up posting that theory about the potential time traveling stuff that's going on? I tried finding it but may have overlooked it.

Wut. Time travel. That sounds glorious.

Penguin

Why does the WWE hate heels who aren't The Shield?

Just thinking about Alberto Del Rio/Swagger match.

They found a smart and clever way to keep Del Rio over and make Swagger/Zeb look like some evil people.

It allows them to continue the feud in case Ziggler isn't ready for the next PPV.. instead they decide to just waste it by using instant replay.. which is either something you ignore or you use consistently which would make their jobs much harder

And won't even get started on Brock.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Since we're hot off the heels of Extreme Rules it's time for YOU, Wrasslegaffers, to rebook Extreme Rules.

Here's the results and means done - tell us what you would have changed and how, and most importantly, WHY:

1. Chris Jericho defeated Fandango. Jericho countered a leap from the top rope into a Codebreaker for the win.

2. Dean Ambrose defeated Kofi Kingston to become the new United States Champion. Ambrose avoided Trouble in Paradise from Kingston and hit a bulldog driver to become the new champ.

3. Sheamus defeated Mark Henry in a strap match. Sheamus won by Brogue Kicking Henry and dragging him to all four corners, per the stipulation of the match. This went about 8 minutes.

4. Alberto Del Rio defeated Jack Swagger in an I Quit Match to become the number one contender to the World Heavyweight Championship. Zeb Colter originally won the match for Swagger by knocking down Ricardo Rodriguez and “throwing in the towel,” but his ruse was revealed via instant replay and the match continued. Del Rio made Swagger submit in the cross armbreaker.

5. The Shield (Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins) defeated Team Hell No (Daniel Bryan and Kane) to become the new WWE Tag Team Champions. The Shield won with a combination torture rack/knee drop/slam to win the titles. Now every member of The Shield has a championship.

6. Randy Orton defeated The Big Show in an Extreme Rules Match. Orton hit an RKO onto a steel chair, then punted Big Show in the head to win the match.

7. The Last Man Standing Match between WWE Champion John Cena and Ryback was ruled a No Contest. Ryback picked up Cena and crashed through the set, leaving both men unconscious. Cena was carried away in a neck brace.

8. Brock Lesnar defeated Triple H in a steel cage match. WWE debuted a new, “reinforced” steel cage here. Lesnar won with an F5 in about 20 minutes.

Legit got so angry at that Del Rio instant replay shit. THOUGHT ABOUT GIVING UP ON FAKE FIGHTING.

They have til tonight to correct this travesty. Hopefully Zeb has gotten hold of David Otunga.

jmdajr

You tell me. How would you have booked it?

Well, I'm not really upset about anything except for Ziggler not being bale to participate. What a loss.

I also thought Sheamus/Henry would have been a sleeper match, but folks here think it sucked.

So anyhow, I'm not sure if by booked you mean just the matches and current feuds, or completing redoing the ppv with all new feuds and storylines.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I'm not really upset about anything except for Ziggler not being bale to participate. What a loss.

I also thought Sheamus/Henry would have been a sleeper match, but folks here think it sucked.

So anyhow, I'm not sure if by booked you mean just the matches and current feuds, or completing redoing the ppv with all new feuds and storylines.

I mean what results would you have changed? How would you re-book Cena/Ryback? Would all members of the Shield still get belts? How would Trips/Bork been re-imagined?

Nebula

ADR would be off the card for me. No one cares and they show no signs of ever caring. Ricardo Rodriguez is more over than ADR. #RAWcardoRAWdriguez

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Glad this missed me yesterday, but someone DID die:

MZqYLiG.jpg

0GniLQT.jpg

HWTkMeq.jpg

jmdajr

I mean what results would you have changed? How would you re-book Cena/Ryback? Would all members of the Shield still get belts? How would Trips/Bork been re-imagined?

The Shield deal the only thing I change would be to have Dean have the IC belt. But Wade has that. (I think) It would be nice to have one nice looking belt on them. It's all the fugly belts :(

Cena/Ryback you would think this type of match would work out best. Way better than a stupid Tables match per say. If you are looking for the double knockout the usual thing would be some sort of table spot. At least it was different but I guess folks thought it came off silly.

Trips/Brock. Man a 3 stages of Hell would have been bad ass, but I don't know if they could carry such a match. It's too bad the feud hasn't gone well because HHH has always done good in this gimmick matches. Last Man Standing, Hell in a Cell, No Hold barred etc.
I didn't see the match so I can't say if it sucked for real or not. I'm sure they did what they could without taking any extreme risks for either of them.
edit: maybe I would have added Stephanie at ring side. Just because. Fans can be lukewarm to non-DX face HHH.

edit: fucking a, extreme weather!

Damn, crazy weather makes me glad to live in England. It may rain a bit, or it may not. Sometimes there's fog.

I fell asleep watching Extreme Rules last night, that strap match was so dull.

Legit got so angry at that Del Rio instant replay shit. THOUGHT ABOUT GIVING UP ON FAKE FIGHTING.

They have til tonight to correct this travesty. Hopefully Zeb has gotten hold of David Otunga.

Why? This is like the fourth time they've pulled this shit in the last year. It's a shit finish that castrates the heels but Swagger was never going to win. Swagger vs Ziggler would be a really bad move, especially given Swagger's sloppiness and their mediocre match on Raw a few weeks ago.

Speaking of that match, fuck Mike Chioda did a shit job. Asking if they want to quit every 5 seconds was incredibly annoying, especially when he'd hold it there forever until they said no. It's an I Quit match, not a fucking Say No to Continue match, silence is a valid alternative to quitting.

strobogo

Banned
The instant replay thing has always been weird. It seems to get used every few years, and then completely forgotten about for 2-3 years. And every time it comes back up, the announcers talk about how weird it is and how it could set a terrible precedent. And then it doesn't. But once it has been used and everyone knows it can be used, heels shouldn't be able to get away with anything ever again. All the announcers see the cheating, all of the audience sees the cheating both at home and live, and everyone in the back sees the cheating. So if the ref can just pull up an instant replay, why doesn't he always do it? And what about all of those times when the ref said "nah, fuck it, I made my decision" or "fuck you heel guy, I ain't looking at no got dang replay for you"? You can't do instant replays in wrestling except for guys exiting a cage at the same time or falling out of a battle royal at the same time.

WWE has some terrible booking decisions right now. Matches paces are all off, finishes are anti-climactic and usually don't even make sense in the context of the story the announcers are telling us, heels can't get a clean victory under any circumstances and can barely win even with copious amounts of cheating and interference.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Instant Replay or even having a ref come out to reverse the decision is something feds do when they've booked themselves into a corner. No more, no less.

I am in such a bad mood today. I have not watched Extreme Rules yet, and that Xbox thing is going to be fuckig horrible, and RAW is on tonight. People keep posting shit Kickstarters asking for money to make their shit little lives lives better. Prison Architect is far too much. I don't want to play DOTA. Dogs keep barking outside.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I am in such a bad mood today. I have not watched Extreme Rules yet, and that Xbox thing is going to be fuckig horrible, and RAW is on tonight. People keep posting shit Kickstarters asking for money to make their shit little lives lives better. Prison Architect is far too much. I don't want to play DOTA. Dogs keep barking outside.

Video games suck. The video game PR industry in particular makes me want to puke. It's a bad day. I don't know why community managers feel they have to vaguetweet about shit and swear like that makes them edgy. Morons.

Top Bottom