• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

gurudyne

Holy crap, that is good. Makes me want to watch RAW to see how Hell No rebounds. And Dr. Shelby would be so proud of how Kane handled that, especially on May 19th. And it's nice seeing someone on-screen praising a wrestler (or team) for things that are true for once.

Does the website usually get non-PG material like DBry slipping in a "goddamn" or was this an odd occurrence?

Can't find the .gif of it but Jinder Mahal once told the Shield that he was going to "Rock their faces off!", which led to this:

tumblr_mm1obmGT4l1qdelwyo3_400.gif
There was one in the 90's also that would say comments. I wanna say Smash from Demolition

strobogo

Banned
This show is boring as FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. Ambrews vs Kofi was good enough, Jericho/Fandango was significantly worse than WM, Henry/Sheamus was well bellow their past work together (although I like that the strap was actually a giant weightlifting belt), and ADR/Swagger has been straight up infuriatingly boring. God damn. And I'm watching it at a fast speed. Crowd has been dead silent for this whole I Quit match. Terrible. The best part by far was Dutch's promo, but I also lol'd at time keeper Mark having a giant flat screen monitor that he pulled up like Bugs Bunny.

And there is still a Randy Orton match? This show isn't reigniting my wrestling spirit by any means.

This show is boring as FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. Ambrews vs Kofi was good enough, Jericho/Fandango was significantly worse than WM, Henry/Sheamus was well bellow their past work together (although I like that the strap was actually a giant weightlifting belt), and ADR/Swagger has been straight up infuriatingly boring. God damn. And I'm watching it at a fast speed. Crowd has been dead silent for this whole I Quit match. Terrible. The best part by far was Dutch's promo, but I also lol'd at time keeper Mark having a giant flat screen monitor that he pulled up like Bugs Bunny.

And there is still a Randy Orton match? This show isn't reigniting my wrestling spirit by any means.

Stop now. You're gonna regret it if you keep watching.

strobogo

Banned
Uh, duh. We play Metal Gear games on this here board. We know what "Sans Frontieres" means. Silly Bean Breath.

This crowd is awful. The only thing they've been alive for is Shield and Randy's entrance. If this show gets worse, I can't imagine how bad HHH/Bork and Ryback/Cena will be.

Guys I didn't get to watch the PPV. How good was it? Maybe I'll try to watch it tomorrow

Here ya go, enjoy yourself!!
Lesnar/HHH was slow, plodding, and dull
Cena/Ryback had it's moments, but had a HORRIFIC ending
Orton/Show went on for an eternity
ADR/Swagger match was actually restarted after the ref asked for an instant replay, talk about opening Pandora's Box...
The Shield won belts, that was cool
Henry/Sheamus was pretty awful
Fandango/Jericho, meh, these guys have no chemistry

The show was garbage

Toki767

Gotta love those tag team finishers. Also, watching Rollins nail that flying knee just never gets old.

iQy6kPBIKhQuc.gif

i9r2GBpexkwrI.gif

Coolest spot of the night came way too early though.

iYh2M7cXtiv50.gif

So which angle would you say you're most looking forward to following up on tomorrow on Monday Night Raw?

Actually, I'm hoping for a Rollins/Reigns vs Hell No rematch that is given more time, that also splits Hell No so Bryan can start his way back to the main event scene. I wish I could be excited for what they will do with Ambrose, but since he has the U.S. belt, he will probably feud with garbage like Miz. Other than that, Punk needs to come back soon. Cena and Ryback are my kryptonite

strobogo

Banned
You know, I liked Ryback/Cena until Cena stole Roman Reigns' signature spot. And then what might be for real the worst finish to a major match in decades. I'm all for big dudes throwing bombs at each other, and it is always fun to see Cena get tossed around. It was the first match in a long time that Cena actually came out of looking like he had an actual contest. I HATE how WWE does the "did you notice how John was favoring his leg? Did you notice that? Did you notice his leg that he was favoring? Hey, did you notice?" Instead of just saying that he's favoring his leg. Kills me. But that finish. Lolz. Cena can't get up in a last man standing match, so lets just call the match off. That's amazing. Ryback got up, so he clearly should be the WWE Champion. Also lolz at the EMT PULLING CENA BY HIS NECK to move him on the stretcher. Not hold it, but actually pulling on it like a chiropracter. Fantastic.

Then King says it looked worse than some of Foley's falls, but all of the replays made it pretty clear they just went through some plywood. Lol. Really a shame because the match was actually quite enjoyable. God forbid Cena just lose a match. A crazy bump to end a last man standing match is about as protected as you can get. Oh hey, that injury they've been playing up for weeks? Didn't play into the match at all. The whole point of the match being booked. Had zero impact on the match. So good. I actually expected a full on Cena pops up hits FU on stairs/table/chair, wins, lols to the back.

There is no way Ryback didn't win that match fair and square.

Actually, I'm hoping for a Rollins/Reigns vs Hell No rematch that is given more time, that also splits Hell No so Bryan can start his way back to the main event scene. I wish I could be excited for what they will do with Ambrose, but since he has the U.S. belt, he will probably feud with garbage like Miz. Other than that, Punk needs to come back soon. Cena and Ryback are my kryptonite

I missed that match, those gifs above are the first I'm seeing of it. I personally haven't been interested in the tag team scene and championship since the team of Michael McGillicutty and David Otunga lost the straps.

Toki767

You know, I liked Ryback/Cena until Cena stole Roman Reigns' signature spot. And then what might be for real the worst finish to a major match in decades. I'm all for big dudes throwing bombs at each other, and it is always fun to see Cena get tossed around. It was the first match in a long time that Cena actually came out of looking like he had an actual contest. I HATE how WWE does the "did you notice how John was favoring his leg? Did you notice that? Did you notice his leg that he was favoring? Hey, did you notice?" Instead of just saying that he's favoring his leg. Kills me. But that finish. Lolz. Cena can't get up in a last man standing match, so lets just call the match off. That's amazing. Ryback got up, so he clearly should be the WWE Champion. Also lolz at the EMT PULLING CENA BY HIS NECK to move him on the stretcher. Not hold it, but actually pulling on it like a chiropracter. Fantastic.

Then King says it looked worse than some of Foley's falls, but all of the replays made it pretty clear they just went through some plywood. Lol. Really a shame because the match was actually quite enjoyable. God forbid Cena just lose a match. A crazy bump to end a last man standing match is about as protected as you can get. Oh hey, that injury they've been playing up for weeks? Didn't play into the match at all. The whole point of the match being booked. Had zero impact on the match. So good. I actually expected a full on Cena pops up hits FU on stairs/table/chair, wins, lols to the back.
That was the funniest part of the whole angle. The same person that put a neck brace on Cena's neck for fear of a broken neck pulls him by his neck lol

strobogo

Banned
My guesses on what will happen next.

1. Rematch on Raw, Cena wins clean.
2. Title is vacated due to injury, Cena still appears on Raw, wins clean at Payback.
3. Cena remains champion no one besides Ryback mentions he totally got fucked over, Cena says Ryback didn't beat him, then beats him clean at Payback.

Toki767

My guesses on what will happen next.

1. Rematch on Raw, Cena wins clean.
2. Title is vacated due to injury, Cena still appears on Raw, wins clean at Payback.
3. Cena remains champion no one besides Ryback mentions he totally got fucked over, Cena says Ryback didn't beat him, then beats him clean at Payback.

I'm fairly sure they aren't going to want to bring attention to the fact that everyone saw Ryback standing at the end of that match. They'll probably act like both men couldn't make it to their feet.

Pavaloo

The possibility of Ambrose having a match with Cesaro now that he's in the US Title scene has me pretty stoked. Terrible PPV, but the pose of The Shield in center ring all with belts is basically all I needed. Future is bright! But a dull and slow burn kind of bright..

i want to see more of Jinder Mahal

I'm fairly sure they aren't going to want to bring attention to the fact that everyone saw Ryback standing at the end of that match. They'll probably act like both men couldn't make it to their feet.
I figure that's how they keep the fued going. Ryback can bitch that he got back up and he should've won, although Cena can say that they were both down for more than 10 seconds, so they'll have one more match at Payback. Who does Cena fued with after that though? The Shield....take all the belts from those jobbers Cena.
How can you people still watch this? :lol

It's all been downhill since the Raw after Wrestlemania...goddamn that was a good night.
I've almost stopped watching entirely since the week after WM. It's felt very good. I only watch select matches and segments now.
The possibility of Ambrose having a match with Cesaro now that he's in the US Title scene has me pretty stoked. Terrible PPV, but the pose of The Shield in center ring all with belts is basically all I needed. Future is bright! But a dull and slow burn kind of bright..

It would be awesome to see that match, but since they're both heels it likely won't happen. They have been doing more heel vs heel shit lately (I think), but it's rare. Bryan vs Ambrose is a huge possibility and I'm definitely looking forward to that.

strobogo

Banned
Who booked this show? Whoever booked the last two matches needs to be fired. Bork/HHH 3 was at least better than WM, but to have HHH dominate the majority of the match and Bork needing the sledgehammer and Paul E. to beat a mostly retired wrestler is so backwards. HHH isn't Bill Watts. Bork is supposed to be THE monster of all monsters, yet he comes back just to lose to Cena in one move after dominating the whole match, beats HHH, then loses to HHH after dominating most of the match, and then needs a cage, sledgehammer, and Paul Heyman to beat HHH again. What a waste. 3 matches with HHH. HHH doesn't look any stronger coming out of them and Bork looks like a loser who isn't nearly the monster he's hyped to be.

Remember there was a time when the best thing WWE did was book monsters well? They seriously brought Brock back just to make HHH look like a bad ass, even though he's basically been retired for 2 years. Literally the last guy on the roster, right with Cena and Taker, that needs to look more dominant and bad ass. I can't even be mad or sad about this show. The idea that people in the back were laying this stuff out and no one said "uh, do you think we could use Brock to put someone young over?" or "Is it really a good idea to have Ryback lose 6 PPVs in a row?" is hilarious. It didn't even make sense Ryback got the title shot in the first place, but he probably should have won since he's lost every major match he's been in since October. I mean damn, has he won anything besides jobber matches since Hell in a Cell? Has he even been in any major TV matches besides the TLC match since October?

Pavaloo

It would be awesome to see that match, but since they're both heels it likely won't happen. They have been doing more heel vs heel shit lately (I think), but it's rare. Bryan vs Ambrose is a huge possibility and I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Yeah honestly I just figure it could be a complete filler match they could throw each guy in. Just another job match for Cesaro lol. Unless they just make Cesaro go after the intercontinental championship so he can really collect dust

Toki767

Who booked this show? Whoever booked the last two matches needs to be fired. Bork/HHH 3 was at least better than WM, but to have HHH dominate the majority of the match and Bork needing the sledgehammer and Paul E. to beat a mostly retired wrestler is so backwards. HHH isn't Bill Watts. Bork is supposed to be THE monster of all monsters, yet he comes back just to lose to Cena in one move after dominating the whole match, beats HHH, then loses to HHH after dominating most of the match, and then needs a cage, sledgehammer, and Paul Heyman to beat HHH again. What a waste. 3 matches with HHH. HHH doesn't look any stronger coming out of them and Bork looks like a loser who isn't nearly the monster he's hyped to be.

Remember there was a time when the best thing WWE did was book monsters well? They seriously brought Brock back just to make HHH look like a bad ass, even though he's basically been retired for 2 years. Literally the last guy on the roster, right with Cena and Taker, that needs to look more dominant and bad ass. I can't even be mad or sad about this show. The idea that people in the back were laying this stuff out and no one said "uh, do you think we could use Brock to put someone young over?" or "Is it really a good idea to have Ryback lose 6 PPVs in a row?" is hilarious. It didn't even make sense Ryback got the title shot in the first place, but he probably should have won since he's lost every major match he's been in since October. I mean damn, has he won anything besides jobber matches since Hell in a Cell? Has he even been in any major TV matches besides the TLC match since October?

The HHH/Lesnar match was booked exactly like WWE main event style...if HHH was the heel and Lesnar was the face. They told a story of the monster heel HHH having no mercy on the injured underdog Lesnar. Sneak attacking him before the bell rang, punching his manager Paul Heyman who did nothing except stand there, hiding a weapon inside the cage because he knew he couldn't beat him fairly, etc...

HHH controlled most of the match like any heel does in WWE main events, with dashes of Lesnar hope spots before HHH shoots it down. Then at the end Lesnar makes a comeback, they trade blows, and Lesnar beats HHH with his own weapon as he overcame the odds.

If you think about it, Lesnar overcomes the odds much more believably than Cena.

strobogo

Banned
Well, everything except Paul just standing there is dead on. But really, that's just about every face HHH match, because he's a terrible face and his matches are usually booked as if he was the heel regardless of if he actually is or not. And for him to be booked that way against Bork Laser is pretty ridiculous.

Surge

That PPV last night makes me wonder what the fuck Vince is thinking charging people $55 or whatever the actual price is for that garbage.

The only highlights for me was the Shield winning their matches.

Cmon guys HHH is all about helping the young and upcoming talent he wouldn't put himself in the main event, stay in the ring and force some pity cheers and have his music close the show even though he lost....oh wait

tumblr_lsk9547SCg1r0d6q2o1_500.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it

Ryback was down well past the ten count. Him getting up does nothing for the outcome of the match had the ref counted. Double count out means no winner.

They should've done the count because it would have properly ended the match, but it would have done nothing for the outcome.

UberTag

So watch The Shield vs Hell no and nothing more I guess?
$55 well spent... or don't even bother watching that.

Next up for Cena after more of The Ryback will be Brock... or The Shield... or they'll turn somebody heel out of the blue and kickstart a title program that way. Christian would be the ideal person because he could actually get a decent match out of Cena but they'll instead roll with someone useless like The Great Khali to fill a couple PPV dates.

More by-the-numbers "Cena rules over all / all faces are jerks / all mid-card title holders lose / non-existent midcard angles" WWE-style booking. No summer swerves here.

tm24

Shouldnt the count start after someone stands? LMS matches make little sense to me. And so does asking do you quit 5 minutes into the match

Top Bottom