• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft making at least four new IPs

derFeef

I'll believe it when I see it.

You see it in the OP?

Fuck it, I'm not spending time on shitty clealy agenda filled posters.
Going to dump this here.

jlHs1mM4E7JWB.png

A) One of them is the Black Tusk project (See location: MGS Vancouver).
B) Possible another could be internally developed title (Just an educated guess).
C) The rest are from external developers.
D) They are open to new pitches from external developers.
E) Sounds like the F2P model might be a thing going forth.

These were my thought when I found it:

:)

abadguy

Banned
Fuck it, I'm not spending time on shitty clealy agenda filled posters.

These were my thought when I found it:

Wonder if the whole "Marlowe Briggs" thing is for one of these games.

I just hope non of them are FPS/Sport IP's.

Well Black Tusk's new game is confirmed to be an FPS, i just hope rumors of it being a horror game in the vein of Dead Space turn out to be true.

LuuKyK

I mean the first page reeks of desperation. And it's the same people complaining that MS doesn't do enough new IP's. It's fucking disgraceful.

Wtf? So now desperately wanting MS to bring new IPs instead of dumping millions on shitty kinect games is wanting them to fail apparently. Come on.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Wtf? So now desperately wanting MS to bring new IPs instead of dumping millions on shitty kinect games is wanting them to fail apparently. Come on.

I think he is referring to how there are rumored new IPs and people are automatically assuming they are all Kinect titles.

derFeef

Those posts actually mentioned this? I did not notice since it was all gif's and "lolo this" responses.

I agree with you, well, I would actally agree if first party exclusive would outnumber kinect first party exclusives, but they don't.
edit: I mean vice versa :p

Just give me Alan Wake 2.

We will get it, but not at launch imo.

I know it's illogical and only serves to hurt the industry on a small scale, but even though I enjoy many of their first-party games, I subconsciously hope Sony does fail next gen because I completely loathe their cheerleaders here.

The PC master race has nothing on you guys.

Disgusting, hoping a company fails because you dislike their fanboys? You're no better should look in the mirror.

Anyways, I can't wait to see what 360 comes with this coming gen. I expect a few gems.

Fanboyism aside. I'm very pumped.

I myself don't really care much about Microsoft exclusives except for Fable, but one of them could be my new favorite.

Please no shooters again MS. The shit's getting old now.

Bring that samaritan demo to life, 3rd person style action game and we'll talk.

Overall, be creative MS, i know you suck at it but you have to.

Raide

It might have shooting in it. Can you live with that?

Damn, it's getting heated up in here already.

The solution is to buy both Durango and PS4, since they will both have amazing first party games.

Just start saving.

derFeef

MS was creative in the early years of the 360 but people did not respond well to it - so they continued with what worked the best.

TheOddOne

Well Black Tusk's new game is confirmed to be an FPS, i just hope rumors of it being a horror game in the vein of Dead Space turn out to be true.
I'm not so sure now.

Senior Level Designer posting:
Extensive experience hands-on developing single-player levels and multiplayer levels for a first-person-shooter or third-person-game. Experience in preparing level sections with unique gameplay moments, puzzles or platforming a big plus!
First person or third person? Or maybe a hybrid?

Senior Gameplay SDE
The Senior Gameplay Engineer will be part of a team developing systems related to gameplay and player interaction for an AAA Action Console game.

Deep experience developing action games.
Action game is ambiguous to say the least.

harmonize

Some of you are either trying to twist the intent of my post or misunderstanding it completely. Of course I don't actually want them to fail, I clearly stated that I enjoyed their products and the basis of my feeling lies completely without logic. However, it'd be interesting to see the reaction that their fanclub here would take if their object of idolization were to collapse on itself, and I'd be lying if I said their misery wouldn't sustain me somewhat, even though I'd lose out on a metric ton of future quality games as well.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
It's weird/funny to see people actually get sad or mad about posts.

"heavily so...." oh brother.

All the fans think everyone is out to get them, no matter which company.

derFeef

Sorry, I want to have a discussion about the topic and not quick responses to the headline. I don't think it's too much to ask here.

StuBurns

Banned
This is very cool, there's obviously going to be more too. Finger's crossed they're not Kinect stuff, but I don't think that's likely, they'll go 'core' for the first couple of years at least I'd hope. Really hoping there's an Action RPG in there somewhere. I know, Fable, but you know what I mean, The Witcher type thing, but by a first party, ground up for a single console? Shit would be incredible.

EDIT: What the fuck happened in here? Jesus.

Huff

Banned
This is very cool, there's obviously going to be more too. Finger's crossed they're not Kinect stuff, but I don't think that's likely, they'll go 'core' for the first couple of years at least I'd hope. Really hoping there's an Action RPG in there somewhere. I know, Fable, but you know what I mean, The Witcher type thing, but by a first party, ground up for a single console? Shit would be incredible.

Witcher 3 exclusive may be one of the surprise MS has in store.

what happened is people hating

and then people hating on the hating

FourMyle

I know it's illogical and only serves to hurt the industry on a small scale, but even though I enjoy many of their first-party games, I subconsciously hope Sony does fail next gen because I completely loathe their cheerleaders here.

The PC master race has nothing on you guys.

Are you seriously this upset over users pointing out their disillusion with MS as of late? I think you need to relax and maybe take a break from NeoGAF/the Internet for some time.

Not everyone has the same tolerance for troll-lighthearted humor. It's not like " LOL I bet they are all kinect games" adds anything to the thread anyway.

I wonder how the controller for the Nextbox will look.

TheOddOne

The European publishing department is really tight lipped. I only got as far as finding out that one of them signed Trails: Evolution XBLA contract.

Top Bottom