• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft making at least four new IPs

[Clark Gable];47179546 said:
GAF acting like dumbasses again. This shitting on MS is getting old. Go fuck yourselves.

Come on man, don't let it get to you. Most people are over excited and on a Sony high. But at the end of all it's just consoles, relax.

UrbanRats

Kinect tennis.
Kinect of war
Kinect Halo
Kinect we couldn't think of another name.

irJxD1VIXoZ32.png

Please Microsoft, prove him wrong.

abadguy

Banned
I'm sure MS will try to create another viable franchise for the nextbox like halo and gears. I'm curious to see how they will approach this generation though since, hopefully, there won't be anymore third party exclusives.

Judging from them opening a bunch of new studios, acquiring Twisted Pixel and Press Play and hiring talented from other good studios, i would assume they will have more first party focus. Who knows.

Wasn't it rumored that Rare is working on a racing game.

They have recently hired folk from Codemasters( as well as Ubisoft) they were also hiring for a possible action adventure or shooter title if i remember correctly.

I expect MS to have a few big moneyhat games as well. It certainly worked with Gears.
I wouldn't be surprised if Samaritan becomes a thing next gen for the nextbox.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Well..maybe. You say those are joke responses but there's legit concern they'll be kinect focused or possibly xbla games. If they're new AAA games then yeah I'm sure most will be intrigued, including myself. Big new games are never a bad thing.

So, I guess this begs the question, what if Microsoft has found a way to integrate Kinect 2.0 into the 720 in such a way that it actually enhances games? Now, I personally don't really know how this could be done, but let's just assume they commit hard to making Kinect 2.0 something that works well both for traditional games and for more casual titles.

Assuming all of this is the case, should we then be upset if some of these new franchises turn out to be Kinectifications of more hardcore genres? I'm not really sure how I feel, but I guess I'm just happy to hear that there are new things brewing behind the scenes. I guess the last console generation just went on a little longer than I would have liked (not from a technology perspective, but from a game design one).

I personally have never had any interest in Kinect in its current incarnation, but I am not opposed to Microsoft finding a way to provide actual gameplay implications for an updated device.

Judging from them opening a bunch of new studios, acquiring Twisted Pixel and Press Play and hiring talented from other good studios, i would assume they will have more first party focus. Who knows.

I expect MS to have a few big moneyhat games as well. It certainly worked with Gears.

Otis, the Time Traveling Dog. I can't wait!

All of the games don't have to be mature and gritty. I personally will like a new Mascot Platformed.

Heck give me the Return of Blinx, add new games from Banjo and Conker also. And make them, Better with Kinect.

jbug617

Banned
The Bungie game? No.

I think he was talking about the contract that came out during the court case. The contract had Destiny being 360, PS3 and Next Xbox only. The second game then would come out for the PS4.

Contract could of changed I guess to allow PS4.

Kerub

Banned
I wonder if MS has totally given up on Japanese games? There were some cool JRPG's on the 360 (Lost odyssey, ToV etc.)

harmonize

I know it's illogical and only serves to hurt the industry on a small scale, but even though I enjoy many of their first-party games, I subconsciously hope Sony does fail next gen because I completely loathe their cheerleaders here.

The PC master race has nothing on you guys.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I know it's illogical and only serves to hurt the industry on a small scale, but even though I enjoy many of their first-party games, I subconsciously hope Sony does fail next gen because I completely loathe their cheerleaders here.

I hope they do good and forces Xbox to improve.

All jokes aside, there is a very good chance at least one of these are a Kinect game.

None the less, Im hyped.. I hope they bring out some cool new 'core' games at e3 for the nextbox. Also, I really hope these aren't shooters either.

I wouldn't call Neogaf a Sony board though, people shit on Vita all the time.

Glass Rebel

Yeah, I'm sure that's your reason :lol

it probably is, which makes it even sadder

And even though you loathe their behavior, has any of the kinect jokers wish microsoft failed, especially because of their fans on a forum?

Lakitu

st5fu
I really hope MS surprises me this E3. I'm only going for one console in the upcoming generation and what I hear / see over the next few months will decide that. Ideally I'd like it to be the next Xbox since my friends would probably migrate to the 720. Don't let me down.

Reiko

Banned
If MS E3 2013 surprises... It won't end well for some of the people posting in this topic.

I'm keeping my reservations for both sides.

abadguy

Banned

It's not Sony's fault their fanbase tends to be the most obnoxious.

Same. I have a PS3 and used to have a PSP, and I enjoy many of Sony's FP games, but I loathe their fanbase. Wouldn't shed a tear if Sony wen't third party.
Not happening though.

Uhm...people aren't cheerleading Sony...the hell?
Sony has a group of fans (a mod before wrongly decided I mean all of them rather than specifically the mental ones even though my wording never suggested such) that think somehow Sony likes them more than other companies like their fans. To the degree they think there is a relationship there.

I'd say the problem however is not them in this instance; but the fact that MS has gone from being a good company for people who like games to being one of the poorest performing ones. Not only that, they've been pretty brazen in wasting peoples time and just ignoring the people they courted a few years earlier.

MS always seems to think people want their product and once its sold to them they can move on. For some reason they don't think the early 360 releases were part of the product; they seem to think their marketing material, much like Kinect.

In the end Kinect is dead and MS has hurt the relationship with some people; because they treated them as nothing but stepping stones and people to win over - as oppose to customers to have a long term relationship with.

The fact Sony have bred a relationship and MS hasn't in a symptom of the problem.
This however does not explain the reactions of some when previous exclusives went multiplatform. That was the delusional side to that sort of relationship.

Still. If you buy a games console for a gen that can last up to 7 years; you want to know you are getting your money's worth and will still be getting new gaming products in the next few years.

And even though you loathe their behavior, has any of the kinect jokers wish microsoft failed, especially because of their fans on a forum?

Quite. The comment is out of place. Its an odd phenomenon that the fanbase who supposedly 'won' (sure PS3 is better selling, but the storyline has never been this; and the the Wii is the winner); become the most sensitive come the next gen. Possibly their feelings towards the 'losers' affects them if they think their sinking into that position. They make such a big thing out of the brand and the position that its sheer terror or disbelief that either could shift.

TheOddOne

Fuck it, I'm not spending time on shitty clealy agenda filled posters.

These were my thought when I found it:
Going to dump this here.

jlHs1mM4E7JWB.png

A) One of them is the Black Tusk project (See location: MGS Vancouver).
B) Possible another could be internally developed title (Just an educated guess based on staffing in Redmond).
C) The rest are from external developers (Which leads me to believe atleast two are externally developed, Crytek's Ryse could fit here aswell).
D) They are open to new pitches from external developers.
E) Sounds like the F2P model might be a thing going forth.

Top Bottom