• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Reveals Q3 Results - 1.4 M 360's Shipped

No one seems to be turning profit this year!

Raises questions of just how the next Xbox will be; if you were a top exec looking 'in' - surely the question of why the hell you spent so much money to still be making massive losses at the end of the systems life whilst Nintendo made huge amounts of money by being conservative in their spending?

Who has actually 'profited' once we take all the pesky inflation things into account, with this generation of consoles?

2MF

EDD revenue decreased primarily reflecting lower Xbox 360 platform revenue,

EDD operating income decreased reflecting lower revenue

Why is no one talking about these statements, and blaming the loss on Skype, phones or whatever? I know they mention other reasons for the drop on income, but the revenue is pretty clear.

noobie

Banned
EDD revenue decreased primarily reflecting lower Xbox 360 platform revenue,
Why is no one talking about these statements, and blaming the loss on Skype, phones or whatever? I know they mention other reasons for the drop on income, but the revenue is pretty clear.
Where you found the above statement.. is it for Jan-Mar Quarter or Apr-Jun Quarter?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!

Doesn't that imply that the 360 was carrying the division in previous quarters? It's revenue dropped (due to less hardware sales) and could no longer cover the losses elsewhere.
So yes the xbox was the reason the revenue dropped, but not the reason they lost money. That's how I read it anyhow.

Shall be interesting to see if they can ship more this quarter. If not, things seem pretty bad.

Miles X

No one seems to be turning profit this year!

Raises questions of just how the next Xbox will be; if you were a top exec looking 'in' - surely the question of why the hell you spent so much money to still be making massive losses at the end of the systems life whilst Nintendo made huge amounts of money by being conservative in their spending?

Who has actually 'profited' once we take all the pesky inflation things into account, with this generation of consoles?

Did you even read why they made a loss? (last Q which is where these results are from)

Before this MS has been banking in the EDD for like, 4 or 5 years now.

Shall be interesting to see if they can ship more this quarter. If not, things seem pretty bad.

Hardly, I think anyone that follows shipments agrees they're likely to ship less this Q, all this gen all 3 typically ship less in Apr - June than Jan - Mar.

Top Bottom