• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft STEAL from Australia & New Zealand Premium Bundles

Burger

So, March 2nd release date - we can live with it.

$650 au & $719 nz - well, thats standard PAL price gouging, we are used to it.

BUT NOT THIS

http://www.xbox.com/en-NZ/hardware/x/xbox360prosystem/default.htm
http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/hardware/x/xbox360prosystem/default.htm

The Xbox 360 System includes:
Xbox 360 console
Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20GB)
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
Xbox 360 Faceplate
Xbox 360 Media Remote
Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable

Thats is. No component cable. No XBLive Headset. No Ethernet cable (who cares).

What... The... Fuck... Not only are they robbing us blind, but anyone with a standard TV has no fucking way to plug the thing in ?!?!?!

It so must be some sort of bizzare mistake. Or we have retards running the show.

Gek54

Do you get an extra faceplate or are they wanting credit for giving you a standard face plate?

littlewig

Banned
unclesam.jpg

Uncle Same is Australian, right?

cvxfreak

Current rates:

$650 AU = $479 US (WTF)
$719 NZ = $498 US (WTF?!?!?)

Japan for the fucking win. They get more, sooner, for over $100 cheaper AFTER tax.

Vormund

Wait they are giving us a VGA cable instead of a component cable!? That's fucking stupid. :lol

Well it suits me ok I guess.

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
Funny, I thought HD TV sales had taken off in Australia (they've certainly come down drastically in price over the last year). Odd not to include the appropriate cable for it.

Perfect for me though - I have a spare LCD monitor butu no HDTV yet.

Still not happy about having to buy another cable later.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Yeah we always get stiffed, another reason why I wont be buying a Xbox 360 on launch here. I want Xbox 360 but not $1000 (For console+games+accessories+live) Want a X360.

Go Composite!

mrkgoo

CVXFREAK said:
Current rates:

$650 AU = $479 US (WTF)
$719 NZ = $498 US (WTF?!?!?)

Japan for the fucking win. They get more, sooner, for over $100 cheaper AFTER tax.

We're used to that. It's not about just conversion rates though. For example, new GameCube games (during its 'peak') were around $120-$130. If just converted to US, that's US$80-$90.

For a more recent example, the Micro just came out here this month. RRP =NZ$170, which is around US$115.

then again, maybe we can afford more BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE TO TIP.

TYRiAX

Man, living in a PAL territory means always getting BONED... thats why I gave up on PAL a long time ago and just import everything from the states now... I'm paying around the same cost for a premium pack (around $650) but that also includes a 2nd wireless controller and charger...

Top Bottom