• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mike Pence, we dont talk about Trumps replacement enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's truly scary to me how many liberals would be ok with Pence or would rather have him. He's more conservative than Trump and would be better at forcing that agenda on the nation. He would be far more destructive to the liberal agenda.

Best case we just need to hold on to Trump, let him bluster and fight him as much as possible until 2018 where we NEED to get a majority in the Senate. Then obstruct for 2 more years. No more conservative agenda, no more supreme court justices after a Senate majority.

DonShula

Mike Pence would be absolutely terrible for LGBT rights, but I also don't feel like I have to worry about him stumbling into war with North Korea or pulling out of NAFTA as a publicity stunt. I'm actually super conflicted on which would be worse.

This seems closest to truth. Pence won't send us to war, and he won't represent us incompetently, but a full Pence term would be devastating for social equality.

People also forget that for a man in power, Pence is relatively poor. He pretends to be a man of integrity but his financial situation is such that lobbying would be a real issue. Education would probably take a gigantic hit as a result. He played political games with education in Indiana and would be right at home with the voucher queen.

CazTGG

This seems closest to truth. Pence won't send us to war, and he won't represent us incompetently, but a full Pence term would be devastating for social equality.

Hasn't Pence repeatedly called for a response to North Korea's recent actions?

DonShula

Hasn't Pence repeatedly called for a response to North Korea's recent actions?

My impression of him was formed well before Trump. I have no idea whether what he's doing now is what he believes in or just lip service to his boss. Hard to tell anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom