• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother Of Charlottesville Victim Heather Heyer: ‘I’m Proud Of What She Did’

It seems to me that the good die young, and the evil live forever.

Awful blow to the world, robbed of a genuinely good person who believed in fighting for things that some people pretend to care about.

Ms.Galaxy

You will not be forgotten, Heather Heyer. You are a true hero. Rest in peace, and thank you for fighting the good fight.

Tear down the statue of Robert E. Lee and replace it with a memorial to her.

I want this, we should start a petition for it.

I want those fucking scums to mourn and panic as their monuments of hate and treason are destroyed, and symbols against their inhuman genocidal ideology is erected where they once stood.

ErMerGerd

Neo Member
I don't normally post in threads like these, but I feel as if I must pay my respects to this woman. A better person than I'll ever be. Hope someone takes her puppy in.

antonz

They were forced to cancel the candlelight vigil for Heather tonight due to credible threats from White Supremacists.

Boots to asses needs to happen to these Nazi fucks.

Kthulhu

If this doesn't happen now, I'm going to be pissed. A memorial to Heather definitely deserves to be there more than a statue of Robert E fucking Lee of all people.

Wasn't the whole point of all this because the statue was getting taken down?

bionic77

That's so sad.

A mother loses a beautiful daughter who was brave enough to stand up to evil and these fucking Nazis get to keep breathing and being the evil fucks they are.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If they want to be Nazis, then they should be trialed like Nazis

To the real Hero, fighting Nazis in 2017

EYEL1NER

Wasn't the whole point of all this because the statue was getting taken down?
"The memorial in the statue's place" thing not happening is what I'm going to be upset if it doesn't happen. I haven't seen that proposed anywhere other than this thread, but it needs to become a thing.

IHaveIce

Banned
There is a petition already going arpund, maybe if we could get active ceöebrities to share this idea it cpuld get rollib like Chris Evans for example.

She deserves a memoriam. What a hero, too many say they are fed up with trump and white supremacists but do nothing. Ahe was a great one

WedgeX

Banned
"The memorial in the statue's place" thing not happening is what I'm going to be upset if it doesn't happen. I haven't seen that proposed anywhere other than this thread, but it needs to become a thing.

Find good people with twitter followings, have them suggest it to the mayor of Charlottesville, to the Governor of Virginia, etc.

EYEL1NER

Find good people with twitter followings, have them suggest it to the mayor of Charlottesville, to the Governor of Virginia, etc.
I'll see what I can do. It's not like I use my Twitter account for anything else at all, except signing up for a contest or two several years ago and a Q&A/AMA with a musician I like a few years ago. I did post the idea on my Facebook but it won't reach anyone of import that way (I don't know that anyone it will reach via my Facebook will care).

EDIT: I just tweeted the mayor about it and will tweet the governor as well. I'm not sure how to find the best people with huge followings whose voice would be heard louder than my own though. I literally had to ask my wife just how how to tweet something directly to the Charlottesville mayor.

This is the mayor though, if anyone else was interested in tweeting the idea directly to him, maybe it'll save you a couple seconds: https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeSigner

EDIT 2: People have been tweeting the mayor and governor about a memorial in place of the statue all day, so I went through and retweeted a bunch of them and liked them. If something materializes in the way of crowdfunding or donations for a memorial or something, I'll definitely put up some money.

Those white supremacist fucks are just laughing at her now, blood is boiling and I can't fault people for only seeing red in these trying times.

These are the fuckers who killed her and now they're basically laughing about it. This is essentially punch Nazis propaganda.

I'm aware that it's the Daily Stormer, but I just can't accept that people are this disgusting. Hopefully the site gets shut down due to that lawsuit.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHJf_j1XUAgKgwc.jpg:large

I can delete the link to this image if it's too vile.

Remember the enemy, Heather died fighting these monsters.

Ekai

Hope they hang the terrorist. Set an example. So much potential wasted.

Give them a "fair" trial like they did all the millions of people they exterminated.

Not going to mince words: Hang any and all Nazis who dare show their fucking faces. Scare the subhuman shits back into their caves.

Now that there. That's a good fucking idea.

Shoeless

Good plan.

If some funding effort were to take place for this statue replacement idea, I would definitely donate. I think many people would.

On the other hand, I think this incident is actually very bad news for Alt Right groups and their acceptance into the mainstream. They martyred her, and, "worst of all" she wasn't even a minority, but a white girl. It's very hard to optics-wise to spin this story into a positive for their narrative. So the guy that killed this girl actually hurt the "cause" far more than he helped it, especially if they were trying to gain more traction with moderates.

Ekai

If some funding effort were to take place for this statue replacement idea, I would definitely donate. I think many people would.

On the other hand, I think this incident is actually very bad news for Alt Right groups and their acceptance into the mainstream. They martyred her, and, "worst of all" she wasn't even a minority, but a white girl. It's very hard to optics-wise to spin this story into a positive for their narrative. So the guy that killed this girl actually hurt the "cause" far more than he helped it, especially if they were trying to gain more traction with moderates.

What's even more depressing is that the fucking centrists even allow and argue for this nazi shit in the first place.

cameron

RIP.

Name the park after her.

They were forced to cancel the candlelight vigil for Heather tonight due to credible threats from White Supremacists.

Boots to asses needs to happen to these Nazi fucks.
Terrorists doing terrorist stuff. Maybe Fox & Friends can weigh in. It would be nice if law enforcement had zero tolerance for this shit.

EYEL1NER

You know? It does. Was talking to my wife about it earlier. How does one even make that suggestion to the town? Shouldn't someone toss that out there? That'd be the grandest "fuck you" monument in our history, no?
A small number of people have tweeted the suggestion to the mayor of Charlottesville and the VA governor.

cameron

Comments from Heather's father via The New York Post: Father of Virginia rally victim devastated by loss of his ‘baby girl'
The woman killed when a deranged white supremacist drove his car into a crowd of anti-hate protesters in Virginia was a born do-gooder — and the apple of her father's eye, the grieving dad told The Post on Sunday.

”She was my only daughter — she was my heart," said a stricken Mark Heyer, struggling to find the words to describe his daughter, Heather Heyer, 32.

The dad, who lives in Florida, said his ”baby girl," a Charlottesville paralegal, was a social-justice warrior who ended up making the ultimate sacrifice for her beliefs.

Heather Heyer's Facebook cover photo, posted about a week after the 2016 presidential election, said, ”If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

”My daughter was fighting for equal rights, demonstrating against hatred and doing what she thought was right," Mark Heyer said. ”She ended up dying to prove it.

”I'm not ready for all this,'' the dad added, his voice breaking. ”I'm still working around the fact that my baby girl got killed.''
Heather's dad said his daughter's campaign against hate is inspiring him to forgive Fields despite the horrible atrocity.

”I can't hate the man who did this to her because that would make me as bad as the people who did this," he said.

”As far as I'm concerned, he was deceived by the devil."

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
RIP Heather. The idea of replacing confederate monuments with a memorial to her is fantastic.
Comments from Heather's father via The New York Post: Father of Virginia rally victim devastated by loss of his ‘baby girl’
Heather’s dad said his daughter’s campaign against hate is inspiring him to forgive Fields despite the horrible atrocity.

“I can’t hate the man who did this to her because that would make me as bad as the people who did this,” he said.

“As far as I’m concerned, he was deceived by the devil.”
Urrrrgh

Top Bottom