• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai Games announces Dark Souls and Armored Core V for NA/Europe [+ Screens]

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
ZpW7sq9hJNy6j763rIa2QXf3dZ1my5fF.jpg

that's one big rat

glaurung

Giant rats!

Awesome screens, though they are a tad more bonkers-mad Japanese than the otherwise minimalistic Demon's Souls.

Need to see some solid action video.

Cannot wait for AC5 screens!

BeeDog

Dark Souls will be miiiiiiiiiineeeeeee. Hopefully they'll do a fuck-awesome special edition for it like they did with Demon's Souls.

Holy Fuck at the DS screens. Jp version Goty 2011, NA version GOTY 2012

rainking187 said:
I'm already dreading fighting all those Dark Souls creatures. Especially those things with shields.
In my mind I've already killed them and eaten their souls to gain POWAH!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
BobTheFork said:
Holy Fuck at the DS screens. Jp version Goty 2011, NA version GOTY 2012

In my mind I've already killed them and eaten their souls to gain POWAH!
Dark Souls is 2011 NA.

You're thinking of Armored Core 5.

hteng

Banned
omg so awesome, aweeesomeeee

alright based on the screens:

1.) DS has 3 person co-op, 2 blue(white) souls and a physical body

2.) ACs seems to have 99999AP, as evidence by the commander's screen, and maybe levels (team levels).

3.) conquest involves objectives like taking out tanks, defenses...etc, so it's not purely AC vs AC

4.) commander's screen show logs whenever an friendly AC takes damage, much like a RPG

5.) based on the conquest screen there seems to be at least 12 factions

6.) fuck yea! from soft is the best japanese developer this gen!

robor

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Armored Core V. Oh how I embrace thee with my body. I am ready From Software, take me but be gentle as I am very timid and fragile. Take me to the metallic dance of war and destruction, take me to the perfect machine where ye shall unleash great power and justice. My body is ready, From.

My

Body

Is

Ready

Nirolak said:
Dark Souls is 2011 NA.

You're thinking of Armored Core 5.
Am I?
Yesterday in the other DS thread I thought it was discussed. They didn't have a set release date but JP by the end of the year was all we heard. I wasn't expecting to see an NA version at the same time honestly. Simultaneous release this time?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
BobTheFork said:
Am I?
Yesterday in the other DS thread I thought it was discussed. They didn't have a set release date but JP by the end of the year was all we heard. I wasn't expecting to see an NA version at the same time honestly. Simultaneous release this time?
Perhaps.

The OP In Bold said:
Dark Souls will be available in North America and Europe in 2011 . ARMORED CORE V will be available in North America and Europe in 2012.

duckroll

BobTheFork said:
Am I?

Did you even read the OP?

Haunted

Damn, AC bullshots give Codemasters a run for their money.

Dark Souls looks ace. Seamless open world in this style? Hell yeah.

Bankoiia

This means I will literally be playing Demon's Souls until the very day Dark Souls hits. I hope it coincides with the eventual server shutdown.

duckroll

Looks like Namco Bandai Games is not just publishing these two games outside of Japan, but they're probably bankrolling the entire projects. In the Famitsu preview articles, note that both games have copyrights at the bottom for NBGI and From Software. These previews are for the Japanese versions which From Software will be publishing themselves, and yet there are copyrights for NBGI. Adding to this is the fact that it has previously been reported that Dark Souls is a trademarked filed by Namco in the US and Europe, not From Software, and the fact that when "Project Dark" was first announced at TGS last year, the press release was put out jointly by From Software and Namco Bandai Games... in Japanese.

There seems to be more than enough evidence now to indicate this is not just a licensing deal for publishing. Namco is very likely paying for development as well, and co-own both titles.

hteng

Banned
duckroll said:
Looks like Namco Bandai Games is not just publishing these two games outside of Japan, but they're probably bankrolling the entire projects. In the Famitsu preview articles, note that both games have copyrights at the bottom for NBGI and From Software. These previews are for the Japanese versions which From Software will be publishing themselves, and yet there are copyrights for NBGI. Adding to this is the fact that it has previously been reported that Dark Souls is a trademarked filed by Namco in the US and Europe, not From Software, and the fact that when "Project Dark" was first announced at TGS last year, the press release was put out jointly by From Software and Namco Bandai Games... in Japanese.

There seems to be more than enough evidence now to indicate this is not just a licensing deal for publishing. Namco is very likely paying for development as well, and co-own both titles.

make it happen, bring AC into SRWZ, lol

jett

D-Member
Dark Souls looks like a more colorful version of Demon's Souls. Want to see gameplay footage.

Don

Dark Souls looks incredible.

I really need to go back and finish Demon's Souls. I think I may have lost my save when my PS3 died as I just restored my backup recently and the Demon's Souls save didn't seem to copy over.

Pooya

duckroll said:

I don't know how to check for Japanese trademarks, I wonder which one filled for it! looks like it's Namco even in Japan going by famitsu?

I thought Demon's Souls looked great: not graphically heavily, but really really solid and smooth. The kind of monster and environmental improvements we're already seeing from these shots is jsut going to up the atmosphere through the roof. I'm already praying for a new bloodswamp.

Top Bottom