• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai

Chapter 349:
Sasuke, Suigetsu and Karin are heading for the last hideout to pick up Juugo. Suigetsu forces them to take another break because of his low endurance, and Karin takes the time to explain what she knows about Juugo.

Orochimaru took great interest in Juugo's abilities, and imprisoned him to keep him in check while studying and experimenting on him. Juugo has an ability that releases enzymes that induces violent behavior. It's this ability that Orochimaru's Cursed Seals were apparently born from, or based on.

Sasuke's group approaches the hideout. There is a man, who also has a Cursed Seal, that has run amok and slain many outside. Sasuke's group encounters one of the fallen, and the rampaging CS-user comes at them right after. Sasuke effortlessly cuts him down, and orders Suigetsu and Karin to continue on.

Inside, Juugo, with a Cursed Seal unraveling around his body, decides that if the next person he sees is a woman, he will kill.

Novid

Banned
If Kishi was a smart man (theoritcal spoliers)

Karin doesnt die, shes a new half (way too early to get rid of her so they gonna have to go through with this)

Word Reaches Ori is dead, Naruto and Hinata's Squad goes out and investgates.

Naruto gets captured by Karin, Hinata goes alone much to the shagrin of Neji.

Naruto is saved by Hinata after a bitter fight with Karin, Sasuke is about to fight Naurto in his weakened state when Lee saves both of them, they excape but Naurto is "infected" (sort of like Sheblob in LOTR) and Hinata proffeses adoreation for Naruto, heals him and Naruto responds in kind.

Saskue plays it way too cool and realises hes gonna need Naruto to help kill the man that kill his brother, but Karin wont have it...

Novid said:
If Kishi was a smart man (theoritcal spoliers)

Karin doesnt die, shes a new half (way too early to get rid of her so they gonna have to go through with this)

Word Reaches Ori is dead, Naruto and Hinata's Squad goes out and investgates.

Naruto gets captured by Karin, Hinata goes alone much to the shagrin of Neji.

Naruto is saved by Hinata after a bitter fight with Karin, Sasuke is about to fight Naurto in his weakened state when Lee saves both of them, they excape but Naurto is "infected" (sort of like Sheblob in LOTR) and Hinata proffeses adoreation for Naruto, heals him and Naruto responds in kind.

Saskue plays it way too cool and realises hes gonna need Naruto to help kill the man that kill his brother, but Karin wont have it...

You should write fanfics :)

Rorschach

Or, you know, the most likely scenerio
either Suigetsu or Sasuke will enter first meaning he won't kill anybody. He's only gonna kill the next person that walks through the door if it's a girl.

Looks like Juugo won't just be another generic member. The originator of the curse seal is a lot to live up to. Guess the curse seal wasn't Orochimaru's afterall, so he probably didn't have the control over it that most people thought.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Rorschach said:
Or, you know, the most likely scenerio
either Suigetsu or Sasuke will enter first meaning he won't kill anybody. He's only gonna kill the next person that walks through the door if it's a girl.

Looks like Juugo won't just be another generic member. The originator of the curse seal is a lot to live up to. Guess the curse seal wasn't Orochimaru's afterall, so he probably didn't have the control over it that most people thought.

He did,though.
If you want to believe what the Sound Four said to Sasuke about them being completely devoted to Orochimaru because they used the Cursed Seal so many times

lordmrw

Reno said:
He did,though.
If you want to believe what the Sound Four said to Sasuke about them being completely devoted to Orochimaru because they used the Cursed Seal so many times

Just wanted to say your custom tag is F*cking awesome.

Rorschach

Reno said:
He did,though.
I thought that they meant that in they were indebted to him for the gift. Though, you're probably right. Even if he didn't have complete control, the cursed seal was customized by him, afterall. Still, it'll be cool to see what someone, who's the originator and 100% pure, can do. I'm wondering how they plan to control him. I'm guessing he and Sasuke get along or sasuke is gonna promise him something.

Btw- I liked that conversation where Karin asks 'why do you think he came of his own free will?' and Suigetsu answers "I dunno...because he's retarded?" right in front of Sasuke. :lol

Beezy

Rorschach said:
Btw- I liked that conversation where Karin asks 'why do you think he came of his own free will?' and Suigetsu answers "I dunno...because he's retarded?" right in front of Sasuke. :lol

Yeah, that had me laughing. :lol

Docpan

Wow, these last few chapters have sucked, sucked, SUCKED. So freaking boring, I'm just wondering when the hell Kishi is going to get back on track with this story? Part 2 as a whole just simply cannot compare to part 1... As much as I hate to say it, maybe that's where he should have ended the story.

It's just been boring me to tears lately. How he
offed Oroshimaru
was just so sudden and seemed like wasted potential for a really good fight. Since then every chapter has consistantly sucked, and I've noticed theres a hell of a lot of fangirl fanservice lately... Just annoying BS.

I miss the old lightning-fast paced Naruto. Kishi has officially run out of ideas.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Heh, new chapter is interesting, though this whole arc has been slowly paced. I guess Kishi wants these new characters to develop their personalities. Though it makes me angry that he's spending so much time doing that with them and didn't give any thought to
Hidan and Kakuzu
. Of course, I'll still be looking forward to seeing how they animate Him. And I'm actually hoping for some filler added since it went by way too fast in the manga.

CH350:
Basically, Jiraiya tells Naruto and Sakura what's up with Orochimaru, and Assuke reaches Juugo, who attacks him.

I'm starting to feel as if Kabuto works for Jiraiya. Jiraiya always speaks of his 'most trusted source' when speaking of Orochimaru, and Kabuto always speaks of trust as well. You also notice that Kabuto also speaks FUD when dealing with Jiraiya with Orochimaru. To my knowledge, he hasn't attacked Jiraiya either.

Also during the Tsunade fight, Kabuto could have severed her vital parts but only hit her muscle fibers. He could have killed her.

Akia

Chapter 250:
Was alright I guess. I'm starting to feel like these chapters aren't worth waiting a week for.

Son of Godzilla said:

i'm guessing your being sarcastic. i'm really bad at gauging these things.

can someone help me out.

Rorschach

Akia said:
Chapter 250:
Was alright I guess. I'm starting to feel like these chapters aren't worth waiting a week for.

i'm guessing your being sarcastic. i'm really bad at gauging these things.

can someone help me out.
Sarcasm stems from the fact that that's the prevailing theory (nothing new).

New chapter:
...we move an inch! Seriously, if they're gonna stall, might as well give us some action and/or show us some abilities instead of skipping the fights. :(

Oh well, hopefully, there's more than a 1 panel fight next chapter.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Rorschach said:
Sarcasm stems from the fact that that's the prevailing theory (nothing new).

New chapter:
...we move an inch! Seriously, if they're gonna stall, might as well give us some action and/or show us some abilities instead of skipping the fights. :(

Oh well, hopefully, there's more than a 1 panel fight next chapter.
Toriyama style tension FTL.

Hero

Anime:

The fight between Kankuro and Sasori was alright, they animated it well enough to show how effortlessly Sasori saw through all of Kankuro's puppet techniques. Animation overall seemed much better than the past few episodes.

Manga:

I dunno how this is going to turn out in the long run, but Kishi seems to be showing Sasuke's good side lately. First he let the prisoners go free the other week and this week he specifically tells Suigetsu and Karin to not kill any of the Curse Sealed Prisoners.

I wonder if Sasuke and Juugo are going to have a long battle or if Sasuke will disable him quickly.

And Naruto and company know about Orochimaru being dead, it's going to get interesting in how this current plot leads them to each other. Possibly Team Kakashi vs Akatsuki vs Team Sasuke?

Freshmaker said:
Toriyama style tension FTL.
That's a little harsh.. I'd rather a faster moving plot than mangas dedicated to beating nonimportant characters. Seeing as how they're going right now, they might include more of the fights in the Anime

empanada

Hero said:
Possibly Team Kakashi vs Akatsuki vs Team Sasuke?
I have a feeling it'll end up being
Team Kakashi + Team Sasuke vs Team Akatsuki. Then we they defeat Akatsuki/Itachi, Sasuke will feel he has nothing more to live for but Naruto will shower him with love and they live happily ever after.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
The Abominable Snowman said:
That's a little harsh.. I'd rather a faster moving plot than mangas dedicated to beating nonimportant characters. Seeing as how they're going right now, they might include more of the fights in the Anime
Or they could simply advance the plot. Sasuke's basically wandering around aimlessly until they get around to explaining what he's doing. Shouldn't take an encounter with Naruto 10+ chapters from now to stop wasting everyone's time.

Freshmaker said:
Or they could simply advance the plot. Sasuke's basically wandering around aimlessly until they get around to explaining what he's doing. Shouldn't take an encounter with Naruto 10+ chapters from now to stop wasting everyone's time.
Its called character building. It's only been 4 or 5 chapters since he
Killed Orochimaru
To have him just suddenly show up
With some powerful crewmates
would just be odd. I thought he stated himself that he cannot assault Akatsuki alone, and it seems that's what he's planning to do, at least to me. It's not to go meet up with Naruto again and make love, because if that happens I'm willing to bet that's when Shipuuden would end and another timeskip happens.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Its called character building.
What for? Sasuke's team is likely to be killed off sooner or later. (Sooner if your theory is right)
It's only been 4 or 5 chapters since he
Killed Orochimaru
To have him just suddenly show up
With some powerful crewmates
would just be odd. I thought he stated himself that he cannot assault Akatsuki alone, and it seems that's what he's planning to do, at least to me.
If so, he will lose and eventually be forced back to Naruto. Naruto's main problem is the Atasuki hunting him. They are the only antagonists left in the story. Unless Sasuke kills them all and then decides to conquer the Leaf village, there's no reason to expect that these new characters are going to last. In which case, this "character building" is pointless and Sasuke is wandering around aimlessly until they get around to revealing his actual goals.
It's not to go meet up with Naruto again and make love, because if that happens I'm willing to bet that's when Shipuuden would end and another timeskip happens.
N and S just can't split off and never interact again. Nothing in the story's structure permits or even hints at that. Kishimoto could do that I suppose, but it'd be a complete waste of everything he's set up so far.

*Dunno what terrible shocks were there, but whatever.

Rorschach

Jeeze you guys...ever heard of spoiler tags? Abominal: that whole thing should probably be spoiler tagged, but at least you used some...

Freshmaker: not everyone here reads the manga.

Jason

NarutoGaara.jpg

Ark-AMN

Banned
Back to the anime. I thought it was great, and the most well-paced episode so far. Nothing felt too dragged out and I enjoyed the filler they added to Sasori and Kankuro's fight (gives me hope for future battles).

It was also cool finally getting to see Sasori's mouth animated too.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Rorschach said:
Jeeze you guys...ever heard of spoiler tags? Abominal: that whole thing should probably be spoiler tagged, but at least you used some...

Aaaand there were no spoilers. Works out well enough.

Kiyamon

I have to agree that these were some great episodes... the story moved along well, and it got me excited to the next episode.

Rorschach said:

He said so himself when he left in the first part (pre-Shipuuden)

But yea

Freshmaker said:
What for? Sasuke's team is likely to be killed off sooner or later. (Sooner if your theory is right)
Why would
his team assaulting Akatsuki
end in their deaths? It has't developed enough to see if any of them have a point of existance past just
serving under Sasuke
but if they do, like Temari and the like, they'll serve their own little part in the story, quite possibly.

If so, he will lose and eventually be forced back to Naruto. Naruto's main problem is the Atasuki hunting him. They are the only antagonists left in the story. Unless Sasuke kills them all and then decides to conquer the Leaf village, there's no reason to expect that these new characters are going to last. In which case, this "character building" is pointless and Sasuke is wandering around aimlessly until they get around to revealing his actual goals.

Naruto's main goal is Sasuke, and
It hasn't been 100% proven that Orochimaru will not manifest himself in another way, or any of Sasuke's teammates will turn volatile, especially Juugo.
Why dont we just sit back and wait to see where this goes instead of assuming the worst.

He said so himself when he left in the first part (pre-Shipuuden)

But yea

Why would
end in their deaths? It has't developed enough to see if any of them have a point of existance past just
serving under Sasuke

His team has been developed enough to care for, that´s the point. We know Karins´character, we like Suigetsu, and Juugo is a freak. Killing of his team now would make an impact. After all the ridiculous pushing of Sasuke, a heavy defeat would pull him down to earth, and rebuilding the power-gab between him and Naruto.

@anime:

As manga reader i KNOW that the pacing is really slow...but the filler-material is great stuff imo. Kankuro´s fight didnt exist in the manga, and all the other stuff...it does fit in. I cant stand the manga reader that critizise the anime...all the anime-only people wont notice anything bad.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Why would
serving under Sasuke
but if they do, like Temari and the like, they'll serve their own little part in the story, quite possibly.
I think it's likely mainly because
of how hearts guy and voodoo guy were handled. They were primed up just enough to be interesting to some and then they were quickly offed. The Akatsuki has reason to have Leaf on the radar now. They story gains nothing from keeping S's team around after an assualt fails. It gains a lot from forcing Sasuke back towards the Leaf, even if it's only for a short time. Not to mention it makes the Akatsuki look stronger.

Naruto's main goal is Sasuke, and
It hasn't been 100% proven that Orochimaru will not manifest himself in another way, or any of Sasuke's teammates will turn volatile, especially Juugo.
Why dont we just sit back and wait to see where this goes instead of assuming the worst.
Yeah, but the Raistlin/Fistadauntilis overtones aren't interesting. They're annoying.
I think that waiting for snakey to pop back up or intra-party squabbling are examples of hoping for the worst.
Just strikes me as more potential time wasting bloat. Wouldn't put it past Kishimoto, but I'll hope he quietly moves things along for a change.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Actually, I believe the anime will be returning to weekly eps starting this week. While that means no more double specials for a while, it also means no two week wait between episodes either.

Freshmaker said:
I think it's likely mainly because
of how hearts guy and voodoo guy were handled. They were primed up just enough to be interesting to some and then they were quickly offed.

Or you know uh...
Asuma.

Jacobi said:
manga : So Sasuke is the super-power-mega-power-guy now ? Nothing can stop him... that suxios.

Eh, not really. Sasuke only got to fight Naruto and The Ocho after they both nearly killed each other. It's actually slightly (And do I mean slightly) impressive in that, not counting the unknown members of Akuwhatever (Including their leader, the all powerful Zombie 4th Hokage), mostly everyone is at a level where it actually takes some plot work to determine who's stronger.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Son of Godzilla said:
Or you know uh...
Asuma.
Well, kinda. He also happened to be totally useless. His dad was an uber ninja god, but he couldn't hang with Kakashi much less anyone else.

Sai

Chapter 351:
Sasuke and Juugo go at it for a bit. Sasuke's forced to unravel the Cursed Seal, and Juugo says to himself that Sasuke is strong, and must be another one of those copy-cat bastards like Kimimaro.

Suigetsu trashes some random prisoners after a few words, finds Sasuke and the rest a bit later. He cuts in and starts to fight with Juugo, Sasuke orders them both to stop, but they don't listen... Sasuke apparently uses Senei Jashu(or something similar) to entrap them both, then asks them "Guys... Do you want me to kill you?", putting an end to the skirmish.

Karin fangirls a bit. :/

Afterwards, Juugo appears to be nervous, and afraid; acting like a completely different person. Suigetsu questions this, and Karin points out again that he has no control over his killing urges, and that he doesn't want to kill.

Sai said:
Chapter 351:
Sasuke and Juugo go at it for a bit. Sasuke's forced to unravel the Cursed Seal, and Juugo says to himself that Sasuke is strong, and must be another one of those copy-cat bastards like Kimimaro.

Suigetsu trashes some random prisoners after a few words, finds Sasuke and the rest a bit later. He cuts in and starts to fight with Juugo, Sasuke orders them both to stop, but they don't listen... Sasuke apparently uses Senei Jashu(or something similar) to entrap them both, then asks them "Guys... Do you want me to kill you?", putting an end to the skirmish.

Karin fangirls a bit. :/

Afterwards, Juugo appears to be nervous, and afraid; acting like a completely different person. Suigetsu questions this, and Karin points out again that he has no control over his killing urges, and that he doesn't want to kill.

Damn where do you get these things early?

Saoh

ep. 10 was decent. finally we got to see some of the other kids :D

but im looking foward to next week episode, finally Sakura will come in handy!!!!!

Junpei Heat said:
If anyones interested the full version of "Hero's Come Back!!" is out.

i am :) check your PM's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom