• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark-AMN

Banned
I have to admit, I still am loving the musical score. At least they did a fine job getting a good composor to replace the old one (forget their names).

mizuk_i

Yeah the music is definitely a plus. I gotta admit that i do miss some of the old music hope it will come back in some scenes. Really starting to like the opening aswell.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Tharkûn said:
It spends like 5 episodes to hype a fight and when it's finally about to begin they spend at least 2 episodes until the fight actually gets going.

I'll agree it's slow paced, but no need to exagerrate, this was the fourth episode.

wave dial

Completely unable to understand satire
MaddenNFL64 said:
I have a feeling Oro will live through this. Get his ass kicked, gtfo out of town for a bit, but live nonetheless, with Kabuto right behind him.
now that was a good episode... oro has background and a true form now...

manga:
the manga is at a turning point here wow, Sasuke could defeat Oro or his body will be taken at this point hope they keep this going I want to see a definite end to this

Ark-AMN

Banned
I had a thought about the current manga situation:

I've been thinking that maybe Akatsuki would come now and help bail Orochimaru out of his sticky situation, and convince him to return to the group. Thinking behind that is that the group would no doubt need replacement members with Hidan and Kakuzu gone.

Ark-AMN said:
I had a thought about the current manga situation:

I've been thinking that maybe Akatsuki would come now and help bail Orochimaru out of his sticky situation, and convince him to return to the group. Thinking behind that is that the group would no doubt need replacement members with Hidan and Kakuzu gone.

I remember when Orochimaru was the badass of badasses, I really don't think he needs help, I think he may have other ways to capture sasuke's body or escape this situation... he does not like the Akatsuki I don't see him returning

A little disappointed thus far.

Music is amazing...

But everything else is ehhh.

I watched the lastest episode of Bleach right before watching episode 4...

and the animation looks very sluggish and awkward.

I don't think the earlier episodes were like this...or it just might be that Bleach has much better animation...

The Gaara battle was repetitive thus far...the same moves over and over...felt like it was dragging too long...with no surprises.

I am addicted to Death Note at the moment...so that's keeping things fresh for me.

mizuk_i said:
Episode 4 was horrible. wtf at the animation of Gaara hopping on to the sand and when he was controlling the sand on the building...

Maybe i expect too much but the whole episode looked off to me. Think the 8 minute opening in the 1st episode spoiled me =/

Yep, feel the same way man.

The only thing thus far was those first 8 minutes.

Hero

Man, you guys are like broken records, which in turn, is making me sound like one.

Aside from the first 8 minutes of episode one, there hasn't really been anything worthwhile to animate. I'd rather have them spend their budget on some of the upcoming fights.

Comparing it to Bleach is pretty funny, since it's the same studio. Of course, we could also talk about Bleach itself, which isn't even in the same league.

I wonder what's going to happen next week. Orochimaru seems pretty desperate. Showing the flashback to Orochimaru's childhood is very odd too. Will Sasuke kill him? Hm.

Tharkûn said:
Now I remember why I stopped watching this anime... It spends like 5 episodes to hype a fight and when it's finally about to begin they spend at least 2 episodes until the fight actually gets going.

Yeah, I dont know how you guys did it in the before times, this one episode a week stuff.
It will be next year sometime before this Gaara situation is over.

I caught all the episodes of Naruto for the first time in about 3 weeks , and this.... "1 show a week while doing our best DBZ impression" ........isnt working for me.

Rorschach

Wow...wtf. Okay, if it turns out that Sasuke is not just talking out of his ass, that was pretty badass. He has done that snake thing before, when trying to escape, but it's always too fast to see. You just see a snake shaped blur. It's pretty bizarre, though... I wonder if he can use jutsu this way...since he doesn't have hands. I guess that's the techinique that allows him to transfer his body and he's about to try and get inside Sasuke (it's about time). When he transfered to his current body, you saw the same image. All of which ties into the back story at the end.

In regards to Orochimaru being the ultimate badass and all: he's been slipping ever since the fight with the 3rd. First, the old man almost kills him. Then, he gets his ass kicked even with his ultimate summon and kabuto gets beat by...Naruto. Next, Orochimaru almost gets his ass kicked by Naruto. Oro tells Sasuke to let Naruto and co live so they can take care of the Akatsuki for them. It's revealed that he's piss scared of Itachi and he's not even the leader of the group. And now, he's getting bitch slapped and forced to reveal his true form to Sasuke.

Ark-AMN

Banned
On a somewhat related note, according to wikipedia, Crispin Freeman has been cast as the English voice actor for Itachi Uchiha. I think it's a very good choice since he has a deep voice (unlike Skip Strellecht who did the teaser voice for Itachi). And apparently, Skip himself made the confirmation on the narutofan forums.

I'm still hoping that they'll cast Keith David to voice Kisame or perhaps in the future
Kakuzu
. :D

Ark-AMN

Banned
Ok, latest manga (chapter 345) spoilers:

So, who's it going to be? Sasuke or Orochimaru?

Also, nice flashback with Itachi and him totally owning Oro that first time, we finally see why that hand with the Akatsuki ring was in the jar to begin with

LuCkymoON

Banned
ch: 345
So it looks like Sasuke beat Orochimaru pretty easy, or did he >:O?
I think he did; but what will he do now, where will he go? He's not strong enough to take on his bro and he can't go back to Konoha by his own admission.
I hope he kills Kabuto before he leaves, I hate that guy.

Rorschach

Bah! Copout!

Dual personality? ><

"Not even Sasuke can survive" was forshadowing the fact that he's still in there. :|

[edit]
Hrm...on second reading, maybe sasuke did win. It says there's only one victor and it looks like Sasuke was using genjutsu...

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Anyone know if Naruto Shippuuden episode 5 has been released?

There seems to be a group [YHBT] released it out with tons of seeders, but it turned out fake :(

Ark-AMN

Banned
There was no episode 5 shown this week.

Supposedly, there'll be a double ep next week to make up for it. Or maybe I'm wrong and it's the week after.

Rorschach

FTWer said:

There seems to be a group [YHBT] released it out with tons of seeders, but it turned out fake :(
YHBT = You Have Been Trolled.

I think it's a 2 week break :(

Hero

Manga:

Sasuke won. It shows him using the same genjutsu that Itachi used on Orochimaru to beat him.

Good chapter, can't wait to see where this goes.

And what's the significance of the ring hand being in a jar?

Crow

FTWer said:

If you haven't seen Byousoku 5cm it's still worth watching.

Saoh

FTWer said:

Ep. 5 will be released March 15th.

anyway, by any chance, anyone knows where i can find the full versions (mp3) of Shippuuden's opening and ending? or i cant ask? :x

plzdontbanme.

that Deidra(sp) guy looks pretty stupid imo >_> flying around waiting for those paper shapes to be ready v_v

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Hero said:
Manga:

Sasuke won. It shows him using the same genjutsu that Itachi used on Orochimaru to beat him.

Good chapter, can't wait to see where this goes.

And what's the significance of the ring hand being in a jar?

I don't think Sasuke won. Orochimaru would be prepared from the same Genjutsu. In fact, he noted it was the same. I wouldn't be surprised if he planned on it being the same.

Even after all this time, Sasuke still bugs the hell out of me.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Saoh said:
anyway, by any chance, anyone knows where i can find the full versions (mp3) of Shippuuden's opening and ending? or i cant ask? :x

plzdontbanme.

that Deidra(sp) guy looks pretty stupid imo >_> flying around waiting for those paper shapes to be ready v_v

I find a lot of good information about Naruto on the Narutofan forums. forums.narutofan.com :)

As for Deidara, yeah, at the moment he does look kind of wimpy, but I think he gets more creative in the future. Amazingly, he's one of the most popular characters in Japan.

Shoho

Banned
Naruto was a good show. As far as I am concerned Naruto ended at after 145. That was when the fillers began. The fillers are useless side stories that does not count.

Naruto Shippuuden... Jesus.. It really is in a total league of it's own. It's so freaking awesome. It gives me that feeling of the first time I saw Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Akira, Samurai Champloo, FMA, Mononoke-Hime and all the great shounen animes of our time. Awesome awesome awesome...

The reason for the intro in the first episode was simple. Kitsumotos favorite character is Sasuke. This is why I think that Sasuke will eventually kill Naruto and perhaps Konoha all together.

Sasuke has always been stronger than Naruto. And you saw in the intro how Sasuke easily disposed of the Kyuubi(the 9-Tailed Fox) that lays inside Naruto. I am convinced that Sasuke will kill him. The only question remains... Can Sasuke kill Itachi?

Re: Deidara
The guy isn't really a paper user; his powers let him make C4/plastic explosives. You'll get a better idea of him and what fuels his powers soon.

Shoho said:
The reason for the intro in the first episode was simple. Kitsumotos favorite character is Sasuke. This is why I think that Sasuke will eventually kill Naruto and perhaps Konoha all together.

Not really. The story is still *about* Naruto. It's just that from day one the whole point of the Naruto character is that he is the underdog. He has a powerful dream, but he has little talent, skill, or studying potential in order to reach it. Some of that is just perceived - Naruto is a very quick study in certain situations - but there's no denying that he's just not set up for success like others in the series are. Sasuke is a lynchpin of how to show this underdog story, because he has everything Naruto doesn't, and yet doesn't have the satisfaction to go along with it.

Naruto will probably get beaten to a pulp at some point
and probably lose another decade of lifespan
, and he might need some sort of phoenix like effect to keep going, but Sasuke won't be able to kill him. Kishimoto has made it very clear that Naruto will be the one to vindicate the sannin trio, the 4th, and every other boy who tried to do something similar and failed.

It's just going to be a bumpy road to reach that point.

Shoho

Banned
I just dont see it mate.

Its a miracle that he is even alive.

How long do you think that he will actually be able to kange no bushin and rasengan himself out of every encounter he gets himself into?

Without the Kyuubi, Naruto is nothing, and he would never have been anything special ever.

Right?

Naruto and Rock Lee is my favorite characters, but I really don't see how Naruto can ever get strong. One thing that surprised me about Shippuuden 02, was how weak he was. Even Sakura, that was used to be labeled "useless girl" have got immensive strength, while he is still fooling around with the same old techniques.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Shoho said:
Naruto and Rock Lee is my favorite characters, but I really don't see how Naruto can ever get strong. One thing that surprised me about Shippuuden 02, was how weak he was. Even Sakura, that was used to be labeled "useless girl" have got immensive strength, while he is still fooling around with the same old techniques.
I think everyone is just tired of Naruto constantly using Kage Bushinn in just about any fight he has.

The great thing is, he's actually using them more now for tactical reasons then his usual "brute force" method. Casting one in mid-air to pull himself to the side is a great example of more practical uses of them.

I'm sure Naruto will be on par with Sasuke, the show wouldn't make sense if it didn't all climax at another Naruto vs. Sasuke fight.

Shoho

Banned
True, but somehow I don't think that it will end with a happy ending.

Have you noticed how it's almost like that Konohamaru, the 3ds son, almost seem to be Naruto 2?

What if they will kill of Naruto and make him(konohamaru) the 7th?

Shoho said:
I just dont see it mate.

Without the Kyuubi, Naruto is nothing, and he would never have been anything special ever.

Right?

So Sasuke is really something without Sharigan or Orrichimaru's Curse..(forgive the spelling)...

I don't see any logic in your post...

Woo-Fu

Banned
Shoho said:

Right?

One thing that surprised me about Shippuuden 02, was how weak he was. Even Sakura, that was used to be labeled "useless girl" have got immensive strength, while he is still fooling around with the same old techniques.

Wrong. Naruto's strength comes from his heart and his willpower, not from Kyuubi. He'd probably have died by now without Kyuubi, but he'd still be Naruto. One could argue that he wouldn't have gotten into some of his life and death situations without the involvement of Kyuubi, I suppose.

Weak? I think you missed the entire point of the episode. The characters got stronger in areas they were previously weak, not stronger in areas they were already strong. Naruto was weak in planning, implementation and thinking ahead. He's clearly stronger in those areas. Sakura's devotion to Sasuke and lack of belief in herself was her weakness. She's come a long way in those areas. You'll notice that Kakashi does throw some strong/complex techniques at them, but those techniques aren't any more effective than the basic techniques. The conclusion of the test bears this out. ;)

Hero

Oh, you people who only watch the anime amuse me so. In six months you're going to come back to these posts and be like 'Damn, what was I thinking.'

Certain characters, which won't be named, just become incredibly powerful or lethal.

Also, saying Naruto's kage bunshin is overused is like saying Sasuke's katon jutsu or Shikamaru's kage no mane jutsu are overused. It's their special techniques for a reason. ;)

I can't believe noone is outraged by this. Is anyone at least mad at
Naruto not being able to use his new jutsu OR going kyuubi without damage to his life force? So now what is he just gonna be lame?

Ark-AMN

Banned
Shippuuden Ep 5 is out subbed.

I found the animation to be much better than last weeks. The fight was paced well too, where as last week it felt more like a slow chase and this week feels more like actual fighting.

Cool moments were of course Deidara getting his arm ripped off (and not feeling anything apparently. He smiled through the whole ordeal), and his artistic masterpiece "C3". Of course, a cliffhanger

Next week just might be a double episode
maybe the Kankuro - Sasori fight

EDIT: Argh! Apparently there won't be an episode next week and we'll have to wait for the week after for the double episode. Argh!

Rorschach

Ark-AMN said:
Shippuuden Ep 5 is out subbed.

I found the animation to be much better than last weeks. The fight was paced well too, where as last week it felt more like a slow chase and this week feels more like actual fighting.
Felt like a really slow pace to me. Spoiled by the manga, I guess :p

EDIT: Argh! Apparently there won't be an episode next week and we'll have to wait for the week after for the double episode. Argh!
blank.gif

Rorschach

I don't get how it's so hard to believe if he was on his death bed and couldn't use any jutsu besides the transfer ritual. That's why Kabuto was saying that they had to transfer that day at the latest because he probably wouldn't make it anymore. And it's logical that they wouldn't kill off Sasuke.

Is Sasuke making his own team now? Is he gonna try to hunt down Itachi with them? He's probably still out of his league if Itachi could take down Orochimaru with NO trouble while he was still strong and Sasuke had to wait until he was on the brink of death.

I can't believe noone is outraged by this. Is anyone at least mad at Naruto not being able to use his new jutsu OR going kyuubi without damage to his life force? So now what is he just gonna be lame?
That is pretty damn lame. It's like he can't do anything. They're trying to limit him. Why don't they just, I don't know, TEACH HIM SOMETHING PRACTICAL?!

What I hate is that we haven't seen him do much of anything new after he got back from training with Jirayia. Didn't he teach him anything? What was the point? And the new jutsu he just learned, which took him a long ass time to learn, was just a mod of a previous jutsu that A) leaves him mangled and B) is dependant on shadow clones and close range combat. So, all he knows is 3 variations of the same damn jutsu (one of which he can't use), shadow clones, and a couple that require summons (which he never uses).

I never like Sasuke much, but I'm beginning to be more interested in his progress. :lol
He's pretty badass compared to his former teammates.

[edit]
Hrm...so my first prediction last week is probably right. Orochimaru's soul is in there somewhere. :| *cut to chapter 400 or so in the middle of a fight* *POP* "I've taken over your body. LOLZ "

Tritroid

So I watched an episode of Hurricane Chronicles without ever having seen an old Naruto episode; needless to say I was completely lost.

I decided to go back and watch the entire series up to Hurricane, and I'm up to episode 22 now. I started watching the japanese with english dubs but now I've just started watching the english version. Should I still continue to watch the japanese version over the english version? From what I could tell the english translation kept pretty much in line with the japanese version.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Depends on your preference pretty much. The English version stays very true to the original. I prefer it in some cases though there are many who don't. I think it boils down to whicih voice acting you like best, if that's a big deal for you.

Also of course, English Naruto is only up to about Ep 80.

MANGA TALK!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess
Sasuke
is well on his way to achieving his lifelong dream of starting a
Gothic flamboyant Boy band
958_arena901.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

But really, don't you see this as a little odd? Sasuke is starting his own team, presumably led by him. There is a resemblance at least in number between the traditional teams and the number Sasuke seeks to start his boy band with. I think were in for a classic showdown coming up. Team Yamato with Naruto, Sai, and Sakura vs Team Sasuke with Suigetsu, Kourin, and Juugo

There's the obvious Sasuke-Naruto link, but with Suigetsu bearing the weapon of Zabuza, he might be a perfect foil for Sai, who not only carries a weapon on his back (And might also have a possible bloodline limit), but had to go through similar ordeals that Suigetsu went through (Coming from the Hidden Blood Mist Village, he had to defeat/kill all in his class in order to graduate, which Danzou said Sai had to do in order to become a member of ROOT). This kinda rivalry might, i hope, be reflected in the other two members yet to be revealed. In a sexy, masturbation and fantasy-worthy menage` trois, this group also might foil half of the Akatsuki, kinda like how Naruto's group parallels some members. As Sasuke-Itachi both have some serious rap beef, Kisame and Suigetsu also have a lot of common bonds which may lead to them being rivals, and again this may be represented in upcoming chapters.

So far I see the Team 7--Akatsuki foils being
Yamato -- Zetsu
Sakura -- Girl
Sai -- Deidara
Naruto -- Whogivesa****... Probably Tobi or the Leader

Either way, this is proving interesting. I predict that Team 7 eats away at their Akatsuki foils while Sasuke's Boy Band eats away at their counterparts, then meet up in the middle, sharing a passionate moment, kinda like lady and the tramp
tramp.jpg

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Sometimes I feel like I am too old to be watching this crap but I am glad the show is back. I am watching newer episodes on my ipod now on the train. Thats the way to go... loving this Gaara fight. :)

also, in the opening credits I see "DJ MITSU"... Is this the same as DJ Mitsu the Beats who produces tracks on the Jazzy Sport japanese hip hop label? If so, what part of the show did he produce? None of the music sounds like anything he makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom