• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark-AMN

Banned
um.....yeah @ the latest manga chapter (scans are out)

Boy, kishi is really playing to the yaoi fangirl fanbase now
Sasuke with a naked Suigestu right behind him. and Konohamaru doing a male sexy jutsu with Sasuke and Sai in a naked embrace.

So um....yeah.. other than that, things are getting interesting.
Suigestu has sharp teeth like Kisame
Looking forward to seeing the other new faces.

Rorschach

The Abominable Snowman said:
MANGA TALK!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess
Sasukeis well on his way to achieving his lifelong dream of starting a Gothic flamboyant Boy band
'cept at least one of them is gonna be a girl. :p

Wow...you guys are making a big deal of the yaoi stuff. :p

Anyway, how the hell is Sasuke gonna control this group? At first, I thought Suigetsu would be more complacent. I don't think he can rule them all by fear or "respect." I bet this chick is gonna have the hots for him or something...or maybe Suigetsu hates those two because they're good? I wonder why he didn't off Kabuto. Sasuke's all talk. >:|

Crow

Why the hell is a particular fan subbing group (who I will not name) forcing everyone to download another 145mb torrent before they release the next episode of Naruto. It's bullshit.

Rorschach

Crow said:
Why the hell is a particular fan subbing group (who I will not name) forcing everyone to download another 145mb torrent before they release the next episode of Naruto. It's bullshit.
Read this thread...it helps sometimes. ;b
That certain fansub group you mentioned likes to troll the "noobs." It's a joke. There is no ep this week.

Ark-AMN said:
lol, gayest chapter ever confirmed. Kishi must be desperate to tap into the yaoi fanbase

Naruto fans are so homophobic...

Crow

Rorschach said:
Read this thread...it helps sometimes. ;b
That certain fansub group you mentioned likes to troll the "noobs." It's a joke. There is no ep this week.

ahh ok. I thought that was only YHBT torrents. Fair enough. Thanks.

Hero

Manga:

Suigetsu, huh? Is he made of water? It seems that way, because Sasuke only cut the glass container horizontally. Then this week Suigetsu pretty much instantly teleported behind Sasuke while he was standing in the water pool.

Also, it's interesting to see that Konohamaru can now do the Kage Bunshin. It was pretty amusing to see the scene with Sakura going from scolding them both to being absorbed in the jutsu. I can just imagine all the crappy yaoi fanfics though.

It was awesome to see the new guy pick up Zabuza's sword. I wonder if there's any secret abilities of the sword that we didn't see Zabuza use way back then.

So where do we go from here? Konoha has no new leads on Akatsuki, unless Ibiki's interrogation of the mortician reveals something but we haven't seen them in months. Maybe Sasuke is going after Akatsuki directly? Or to Konoha?

Rorschach

Hero said:
Manga:

So where do we go from here? Konoha has no new leads on Akatsuki, unless Ibiki's interrogation of the mortician reveals something but we haven't seen them in months. Maybe Sasuke is going after Akatsuki directly? Or to Konoha?
Next few chapters will probably be Sasuke gathering his team. As for Konoha, one of two things could happen, either they go find another jinchuuriki in another country (we haven't seen them wander out into the other countries much and the group that Tsunade started can take care of fire country) in hopes of meeting up with Akatsuki there or they can wait for them to attack Konoha. They have to go there eventually for the 9 tails. They might want to save him for last now, though since that group has eliminated 3 of the members and Deidra is has relayed the information that Naruto is dangerous.

Meanwhile, Sasuke and his team could be thinking the exact same thing or even trying to capture Naruto as bait. Hopefully, we get a confrontation. :D

Hero

Actually, as far as the manga is concerned.. I think Naruto is going to team up with Shino/Kiba/Hinata next. So far in part two, he's been teamed up with the Sand siblings, then Team Gai, and lastly Team Asuma, so...Team Kurenai is next!

neptunes

How many chapters do you think this arc will last for? and who's thos girl at the very end?

Is this what watching LOST is like? -_-

Manga:

So I guess the Konoha crew is eating ramen for a couple weeks as Sasuke and his boy toy teleport all around the world? I mean, don't get me wrong I'm glad it isn't taking 5 chapters for Sas to assemble his boy band, but like someone asked earlier: what the hell are Naruto and co going to do now?

Also, I could have sworn that the kage bunshin was some sort of forbidden technique. Was that just thrown out or is it kosher for Naruto to teach it to whoever he pleases?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Son of Godzilla said:
Manga:

Also, I could have sworn that the kage bunshin was some sort of forbidden technique. Was that just thrown out or is it kosher for Naruto to teach it to whoever he pleases?

Mass Kage Bunshin is the forbidden technique, I guess due to the recklessness/danger of spreading your chakra out so thinly.

Son of Godzilla said:
Manga:

that younger dude adores Naruto so I think he will try to learn as much as he is able to follow in Naruto's footsteps, anyway its not like they threw Naruto in jail after learning it

Son of Godzilla said:
Manga:

So I guess the Konoha crew is eating ramen for a couple weeks as Sasuke and his boy toy teleport all around the world? I mean, don't get me wrong I'm glad it isn't taking 5 chapters for Sas to assemble his boy band, but like someone asked earlier: what the hell are Naruto and co going to do now?

Naruto used the Fuuton Rasengan and now he's damaged. Will they wait on their laurels? No, akatsuki is on it's way to Konoha!!! I hope...

I thought it was more of a technique that was "Hidden" because some prior Hokage used it in his plethora or made the jutsu, along with others, and kept the scrollhidden because he did not want just everyninja acquiring it.

Sai

Hidenjutsu ≠ Kinjutsu.

Tajyuu Kage Bunshin is an A Rank Kinjutsu because of the incredible amount of chakra that is required to split amongst the multiple clones. Only powerful Jounin and Hokage-level Ninja can use it; Naruto's a special case for obvious reasons.

Regular ol' Kage Bunshin, what
Konohamaru
's using right now, is a B Rank, Jounin-level Ninjutsu--it's not forbidden. Also, keep in mind that a few of the old Genin had B Rank techniques in their arsenal at the end of Part 1.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Sai said:
Hidenjutsu ≠ Kinjutsu.

Tajyuu Kage Bunshin is an A Rank Kinjutsu because of the incredible amount of chakra that is required to split amongst the multiple clones. Only powerful Jounin and Hokage-level Ninja can use it; Naruto's a special case for obvious reasons.

Regular ol' Kage Bunshin, what
Konohamaru
's using right now, is a B Rank, Jounin-level Ninjutsu--it's not forbidden. Also, keep in mind that a few of the old Genin had B Rank techniques in their arsenal at the end of Part 1.

was there a book ever released/translated that listed what ever technique was ranked?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Yes, there have been a couple of books that have documented the techniques of each character. They're all pre-time skip though.

Srider

Banned
Bebpo said:
I stopped reading the manga during this arc, it was so bad. Only other jump series I dropped was Hunter x Hunter towards the end when it was in bad sketch-land. :(

God damn how shitty it is for such a good series to suffer from what happened.

I <3 HxH.

Sai

348:
Karin's a dark-haired woman with glasses. Initially rejects Sasuke and Suigetsu's invite, but as soon as Suigetsu leaves the room, she turns into a Sasuke fangirl, suggesting that she goes alone with Sasuke. Suigetsu comes back, and she hides her feelings... But decides to tag along.

One of the prisoners says some weird stuff that suggests Karin may be some kind of gender bender... 0_o

Eeeeehhh...

Rorschach

Sai said:
348:
Karin's a dark-haired woman with glasses. Initially rejects Sasuke and Suigetsu's invite, but as soon as Suigetsu leaves the room, she turns into a Sasuke fangirl, suggesting that she goes alone with Sasuke. Suigetsu comes back, and she hides her feelings... But decides to tag along.

One of the prisoners says some weird stuff that suggests Karin may be some kind of gender bender... 0_o

Eeeeehhh...
I called it!

scarybore

Manga

Linkzg said:
Karin is kinda a lame generic character

I feel the same.
She looks like a female cross between Ishida from Bleach and Sasuke himself, which is amusing since they have the same voice actor. I wish she was a strong willed character like Tayuya (sp?) rather than yet another fawning over Sasuke character.

Rorschach

New 2 parter is up for the Anime folk who were waiting. The tracker's not working for me currently, but hopefully it will be done by the time I get back from my run. :\

Rorschach said:
New 2 parter is up for the Anime folk who were waiting. The tracker's not working for me currently, but hopefully it will be done by the time I get back from my run. :\

Just saw it. A little disappointed. I will wait for some more replies before discussion.

Rorschach

That's unfortunate. :(

My torrent is still crawlin' even though I have 2 others going 500 kb/s...must be something with their tracker and my connection not getting along, but I usually smoke these torrents. :\

I hope the animation didn't go to shit again. It was really varying up until now, but I would have thought they would have saved the good stuff for the 2 parter. :\

Wow this is like the most uninformed Naruto fans ever lmao.(No offense intended)

Naruto will change the older he gets. People forget that life is marathon not a 100m dash. If kakashi can change from that cocky mofu he was in the gaiden, to the person he currently is then Naruto can. Although the same cannot be said for the sannin. you lose your will, you die.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
CrushDance said:
Wow this is like the most uninformed Naruto fans ever lmao.(No offense intended)

Naruto will change the older he gets. People forget that life is marathon not a 100m dash. If kakashi can change from that cocky mofu he was in the gaiden, to the person he currently is then Naruto can. Although the same cannot be said for the sannin. you lose your will, you die.

:lol

Sorry, but that was kind of hilarious.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Part 1 was not too bad, but I can see why people don't like it. The animation used was probably some of the worst.

Part 2 though was much better in that regard. Of course, it gets docked like last time for leaving off at another cliffhanger. And another two week wait. argh

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Ark-AMN said:
Part 1 was not too bad, but I can see why people don't like it. The animation used was probably some of the worst.

Part 2 though was much better in that regard. Of course, it gets docked like last time for leaving off at another cliffhanger. And another two week wait. argh

ehh two more weeks?

will it the next one be a 2 parted as well?

Ark-AMN said:

The transition between the two is hilarious. Here you've got this huge battle that's barely animated, and then right after the interlude the animation is up ten fold in order to depict a single arrow. It's absolutely hilarious. It's got to be deliberate. Like a big **** you to people that whine about that sort of stuff. Instead of making the actual fight decently animated, they zazz up the meaningless parting shot that ends it.

Of course, cutting from the imminent death of the entire sand village as the bomb is dropping to Naruto eating ramen and Sakura being a bitch is hilarity unto itself too.

Eeikod

CrushDance said:
:lol
But really, it's better like this, no hardcorefans, just people who enjoy the show.

Rorschach

Wow, that was horrible...they're really trying to slow it down to a crawl, aren't they? And the animation was pretty bad on top of it.

joshschw

yeah nothing really happened that needed two segments to show but I think it's better to show a double episode every weeks rather then one each week if this is how they plan to do the show from now on.

Sai

Manga:
Suigetsu asks what Sasuke intends to do. Seems as though Sasuke's gathering people with special abilities in order to accomplish his objective... So, yeah, more 'n' likely a group to take on Akatsuki in order to kill his brother. Before Karin decides to join them in this chapter, Sasuke orders Suigetsu to release all of the prisoners in that hideout. Suigetsu tells the prisoners that Sasuke defeated Orochimaru, and that he's freeing them.

Seems like they want to get the word around. Wonder how the folks in Konoha are going to react to this news.

[EDIT] -
Wow, guess Suigetsu won't be a complete copy of Zabuza then. Seems as though he can augment parts of his body.

Oh, and it turns out that the person at the end of the chapter, the one that was babbling in the prison cell, he's Juugo. It's not clear whether or not he's even in the same compound as Sasuke, Suigetsu, and Karin. So what was said earlier about Karin could turn out to be nothing.

Chapter wasn't quite as boring as the earlier spoilers lead me to believe.

Rorschach

Like I said last week, it turns out that Karin is a total whore for Sasuke. Sasuke is getting a little chatty and less serious now...

I don't know if it was Sasuke's intention for Suigetsu to get the prisoners to spread the word about Sasuke. It might be something that he's got panned.

Pretty uneventful chapter, but we did learn a few things. Suigetsu can beef up his arm and maybe other parts of his body. Also, it seems that everyone Sasuke's after is someone that was highly experimented on which could be why they have these special abilities. The last guy on the team should be more interesting. I'm guessing Karin might be a medical ninja. You know, it's weird how they used to talk about 3 man teams being the ideal number, but ever since Sai, they've been pushing the 4 man team thing.

Next chapter will probably be exactly like this one except with the new member :(

Sai said:
It's not clear whether or not he's even in the same compound as Sasuke, Suigetsu, and Karin.
Probably not. That would be too fast and easy. ;b

Junpei Heat

After skimming that chapter it seems my
Karin
fan-art wasn't too off.

The man in the cell is either Juugo or someone of some importance.

scarybore

CrushDance, you should remove the image and spoiler tag the rest. You seem to forget about the anime only watchers in this thread and have only proved their fears thats with a combined anime/manga thread they would get unintentional spoilers revealed.

Manga spoilers

Sasuke mentioned previously that Karin and Juugo were in different hideouts and I see no reason why that won't be the case. I wonder if Naruto will get really emo or really happy when he hears that Sasuke beat Orochimaru.

Eeikod

Manga
Karin looks like a manipulative bitch, I dont think she's interested in Sasuke at all, at least in that way, she just wanted to get rid of Suigetsu.
As for Suigetsu's habilities... meh, I dont like that chouji-like stuff, I'll rather have him doing water-type jutsus. On the other hand I wanted him to use Zabuza's sword, so this may be the only logical way to do so.

Rorschach

Crushdance: first of all, jeeze...take down the image and spoiler tag your post...
Second, you don't know what that suigetsu thing was all about. He could have been joking around or he could have something up his sleeve that Sasuke doesn't know about. Sasuke may have just told him to spread the word that Oro is dead and he added the rest or it could be that he wants word to reach Akatsuki or Konoha.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Going back to the anime:

Deidara is such an awesome character, his mannerisms are so badass and he's clearly a master strategist and tactician. Can't wait to see Sasori in action as well.

I guess I'm easily pleased because I'm entertained by the anime. I guess I'm not so uptight about it being "pure" to the manga as others.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
It is slowing down, but I think double length episodes frustrate me FAR less than single episodes, when I'm actively following a series as it's being released and it's pulling this sort of thing.

scarybore

Ark-AMN said:
Going back to the anime:

Deidara is such an awesome character, his mannerisms are so badass and he's clearly a master strategist and tactician. Can't wait to see Sasori in action as well.

I guess I'm easily pleased because I'm entertained by the anime. I guess I'm not so uptight about it being "pure" to the manga as others.

Yeah Deidara has been my favourite character for a while now, he is very well rounded character for a Naruto villain and has a very interesting design with those mouth hands (especially when everyone thought he was a female :lol ).

I still enjoy Naruto for what it is, I just wish the animation and art quality was much more consistant than it is. However, they have had like 3+ years to make an effort so I doubt it will really change. The Deidara/Gaara battle would have been even better with more frames and a better sense of speed to the action.

Rorschach

Ark-AMN said:
Going back to the anime:

It's not about it not being 100% faithful to the manga. It's about the horrid pacing and animation. I thought they did a decent job at balancing that in the beginning, both animation and pacing-wise. Even though it varied throughout, they would save the best animation for the big battles...and you'd think they'd have some kind of buffer for pacing with that HUGE filler shitfest that they pulled to not have to drag things out like that. I didn't even mind the first few episodes which, at times, seemed like they were drawn and animated by 3 monkeys in handcuffs. It's just these last two eps.

Hopefully, it will get better. If not animation wise, at least art wise. Doubt the pacing will.

[edit] Just as I was closing thread, I closed my eyes a bit and I saw the moment when Gaara was withdrawing the sand. Not only did it take 3 years, with multiple commentary and reactionary shots to boot, but the animation was straight out of the southpark pilot. :lol

Rorschach said:
It's not about it not being 100% faithful to the manga. It's about the horrid pacing and animation. I thought they did a decent job at balancing that in the beginning, both animation and pacing-wise. Even though it varied throughout, they would save the best animation for the big battles...and you'd think they'd have some kind of buffer for pacing with that HUGE filler shitfest that they pulled to not have to drag things out like that. I didn't even mind the first few episodes which, at times, seemed like they were drawn and animated by 3 monkeys in handcuffs. It's just these last two eps.

Hopefully, it will get better. If not animation wise, at least art wise. Doubt the pacing will.

[edit] Just as I was closing thread, I closed my eyes a bit and I saw the moment when Gaara was withdrawing the sand. Not only did it take 3 years, with multiple commentary and reactionary shots to boot, but the animation was straight out of the southpark pilot. :lol
...SOOOOO how many other people do you think will cause an uproar over ~3 minutes of Gaara moving a sandshield and hard-to-notice animation flaws?

The only time I really noticed animation ****ups in Naruto were during Filler episodes

Ark-AMN

Banned
Another problem is the pacing of the manga in general for Part II has just been off. Easily demonstrated by the most recent chapters where it feels like Kishi is rushing through everything.

It's either one extreme or the other it seems.

Kiyamon

I"m enjoying these Naruto 2 episodes... I hope hey actually skip all the fillers in Cartoon Network, but I know that is just wishful thinking.

Ark-AMN

Banned
I doubt they'll be able to skip the filler. But what I'm hoping is that instead of one ep per week, they have the fillers on a 5 ep per week schedule. That should reduce the pain somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom