• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF E3 2013 Summary Thread

BY2K

Membero Americo
I remember the year the whole Microsoft line-up was pretty much leaked like the day before.

ec0ec0

Amir0x, invent something if necessary but... we need something, NEWS!!!

I was forgetting about you PRISM, hello if you are reading this. I will post later.

Tux

SONY

● DC Universe Online from Sony Online Entertainment has been announced for the PS4. This will allow you to continue your progress from the PS3 versiobn. It'll be released as a digital download later this year. (Link, Thread)
● Planeside II from Sony Online Entertainment has also been confirmed for PS4. Also for release this year. (Link,

Any avid Planetside players on here? I'm thinking about getting this game from Steam.

I'm also glad that DCUO is going to PS4 since the main issue with the PS3 version was a big need for RAM in the open world. The game used to lock up all the time when it first came out. They smoothed out most of the issues the last time I played (maybe 6 months ago). The PC guys probably never had RAM issues.

Samoon

Neo Member
Thanks, this is gonna be very useful. Better than having a million tabs open from every news source covering pretty much the same stories.

LowParry

Thanks for the work put into this thread Amir0x! This will be a great one stop place in case I have a funeral to go to Monday.

Threads like this are a huge help. I'm lucky enough to be able to watch all the conferences Monday, but there is no way I'll be able to follow all the action on the show floor and that's when I check into this thread. Thanks!

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z E3 trailer was on GTTV last night

http://youtu.be/S4A3OF7H9u4

I was *this* close to closing the browser tab that had the NGZ trailer running when the live action section went on for more than three seconds.

When the words: "Honour and death go together like hotsauce and my balls" were spoken, the tab was saved from my click of death.

The game play footage looked brilliant. Can't wait for that one now.

Xater

I'm surprised by the lack of leaks honestly, pretty surprising this year compared to others.

Weh ad some MS leaks but yeah you are right. Everyone is probably extra careful with the new consoles.

Any avid Planetside players on here? I'm thinking about getting this game from Steam.

I'm also glad that DCUO is going to PS4 since the main issue with the PS3 version was a big need for RAM in the open world. The game used to lock up all the time when it first came out. They smoothed out most of the issues the last time I played (maybe 6 months ago). The PC guys probably never had RAM issues.

I also think the performance on PS3 is pretty bad.

Surprises me too, guess they got much better at hiding stuff! Because personally I think there are plenty of surprises (and some journalists hinted as much). I think after the last few times where so much leaked, both publishers and journalists have stepped up their game of secrecy. Even then though I am surprised that so few companies realise there's a pretty large number of people eager to consume news morsels and crumbs that would have been ignored at any time after the press conferences. We don't even seem to be getting much of that!

Should we maybe all agree not to post anything in this thread though that is not actual news? Would make the thread even more useful. There are many other threads for non-news posts. ;)

Dahbomb

I think Tekken Revolution counts as news. It's PS3 only and it releases on June 11th for PSN.

Tekken Revolution : Free to play, PS3 only, June 11th 2013 Released date | (Thread)

GAF.

THIS E3 IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME DEAL.

these could be the last consoles ever.... Whatever your gaming persuasion, just enjoy the next few days.

Lets do this :)

I'm excited for all three companies. They all need to show the value of their systems. I expect some great megatons. Also with gaming critics predicting a crash this show will help rejuvenate mindshare in what they would call a stagnant market. My Orville popcorn bags are ready.

I'm not sure where I should ask this, but...

I wanna watch the E3 conferences on my phone or iPad tomorrow cause I'll be work. Are there any streams for mobile devices out where I can watch this?

JJD

Amazing work Ami! I am travelling across Europe and will lose all of E3...I decided to not bring a laptop wit me so I'm relying on my smartphone for all my internet needs, and this will be my go to thread to try and keep up with all the crazyness!!!

Thank you so much for all the hard work, I wish I could contribute, but since I can't the least I can do is to thank you.!

nasos_333

Rumour: Destiny of Spirits - PS4 Exclusive by From Software (Dark Souls Devs)

"The seal is broken! The eldritch magicks separating the land of Man from the realm of the gods has been breached. The corruption of the mortals bleeds into the Empyrean, twisting paradise into an abode of untold horrors. Gods gone mad devour angels and rain curses down upon the faithful, while demons break free from their prisons and set themselves on high. The darkening of Heaven beckons warriors from beyond the Nexus, and the Destiny of Spirits falls into the hands of the brave few."

Embark on a crusade through the twisted wastes of the Empyrean, an open world like no other

Battle monstrous gods and their minions in challenging, skill-driven combat

Play cooperatively online with up to three other companions, or haunt the worlds of strangers

Gather materials, build weapons and items from scratch, and customize your gear

Designed from the ground up for the next-generation PlayStation 4 console

Take the Empyrean anywhere with PlayStation Vita Remote Play functionality

http://www.psmania.net/2013/06/rumo...ny-of-spirits-ps4-exclusive-by-from-software/

This is the rumor realm, but seems very good if true

I'm not sure where I should ask this, but...

I wanna watch the E3 conferences on my phone or iPad tomorrow cause I'll be work. Are there any streams for mobile devices out where I can watch this?

Gametrailers should work (either directly through the website or through the App), and most other webpages that host them should work as well. Sony one for instance should work fine from the Sony blog. Shouldn't be too hard, I used my iPad for most stuff last year as well.

Jawmuncher

Destiny of Spirits if true (aka demons souls 2).
Ill be on that PS4 day fucking 1.

Anyway looks like I'm out of GAF now. Don't wanna be spoiled at all tomorrow as we lead into the conferences see you guys after they're all done!

tino

Banned
Is there an emergency alternate forum if and when GAF goes off line tomorrow?

Twitter group? Google+ group? Anything?

edit: sorry if I post in the wrong thread

Amir0x

Banned
No Emergency Alternate Forum I know of, sorry.

Today is going to be an incredibly messy day altogether. I won't be getting home until 4:00PM(EST) to start updating, so all the news that occurs before that point is going to have to be aggressively collected once I get home. So be patient with this topic if possible today :p

blade85

Neo Member
OMG ITS THE DAY.....This thread is gonna get busy busy busy!

Sorry in advamce for not being able to help much, if at all, but I'll be at work most of the day..and then I've got wedding stuff to sort out the rest of the day lol.

Will keep one eye on the laptop though!

Thanks for posting this thread Amir0x and all the best keeping it updated!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Nintendo posted this to Facebook this morning.

.facebook_-1436443638zbb2y.jpg

entremet

Man, I'm so excited. Love new console intros at E3. Always so magical. Even with the DRM shenanigans. I'm like a kid a again. This is why I love e3.

Is there an emergency alternate forum if and when GAF goes off line tomorrow?

Twitter group? Google+ group? Anything?

edit: sorry if I post in the wrong thread
A Google hangout would be rad. Or noted GAF twitter hash tags. Seriously let's figure this out before GAF dies later.

Amir0x

Banned
I have literally a metric shit ton ready to go into the OP, but everytime I try to update it says "Database error" so here is just a temporary fix on what I am going to update, just for Microsoft alone:

EDIT:

Got it all in finally.

MICROSOFT

● Sunset Overdrive, a crazy open world multiplayer shooter from Insomniac, has been announced as an exclusive for the Xbox One. (Link, Thread)
● Xbox One Price has been announced and it's definitely a fun one. For the low price of $499, €499 or £429, this DRM dream machine is yours to own this November! (Link, Thread)
● Xbox One "Day One" Premium Edition has been unveiled as a sort of marketing scheme for the system. Reserve a specific retailers, and you get a slew of DLC and limited edition controller, day one achievement, etc. (Link, Thread)
● LocoCycle has been revealed to be an XBO Launch game. From Twisted Pixel, this wacky motorcycle karate thing is sure to be an interesting ride. (Link)
● Ryse, the previously Kinect-only game from Crytek, is now a vicious brutal beat em up with copious amounts of QTE. Looks gorgeous, at least. (Link, Thread)
● Minecraft was announced for Xbox One, and will include bigger worlds and new multiplayer. Not much else said. (Link, Thread)
● Dead Rising 3, developed by Capcom Vancouver and published by Microsoft, is an open world game with no load times, where anything can be used as a weapon and upgraded to better effect. Use flare guns to distract zombies, and driving has a larger role. Has campaign co-op, November 2013. (Link, Thread))
● Microsoft Points are no more, to be replaced by local currencies for all players. I'm OK with this. (Link, Thread)
● Killer Instinct rumour turned out to be correct, only it's by Double Helix games, not RARE. What a twist. Lots of classic characters returning, and the visuals look pretty swell. (Link, Thread)
● Titanfall, announced through Game Informer only a few days ago for XBO/PC/360, has had its real coming out with a trailer and more. Looks really sick, gameplay-wise. (Link, Thread)
● Xbox One Reputation System is the answer to cheaters and troublemakers on the new platform, according to Microsoft. It'll also be part of matchmaking: so now you'll also get matched based on your reputation score, if the game wants. (Link, Thread)
● Halo from 343 Studios is obviously coming to the XBO and will be 60fps. And it wouldn't be a Microsoft system party without a teaser video for the next in the series. Check this bad boy out. (Link, Thread)
● Below from Capybara, developer of Sword and Sworcery, is coming to Xbox One. It's a Rogue-like, most likely, but details are scarce. (Link, Thread)
● Quantum Break, which debuted at the May 21 XBO reveal, has an E3 2013 Demo to check out. With its interesting time based mechanics and TV-like story integration, this is one to watch. (Link, Thread)
● SmartGlass, the way to get the second-screen game experience for the Xbox family of systems, has been more extensively debuted during the conference. Can also Broadcast gameplay via Twitch. (Link, Thread)
● Black Tusk's AAA Game - so named because they don't have a title yet - was nonetheless teased in a 30 second clip. In it, we see a man scaling a building, espionage-style. (Link, Thread)
● Project Spark is a bizarre Smartglass-and-Kinect assisted videogame for XBO/Win8 wherein everything in the world can be created by the player. When you finish making the world, other players can jump in and start playing in it. (Link)
● D4, developed by Swery65, the man behind Deadly Promotion, has been announced for the Xbox One. It's an episodic adventure game, but beyond that we have no clue. (Link, Thread)
● Forza 5 has had a flood of info, but now we get word on how it will be using cloud servers. Your data is synced over cloud, and then the game tweaks the AI based on how you and others are doing... your data is called a 'driveatar.' (Link, Thread)
● Xbox 360 Gold Members are getting a PS+ like service until the XBO is released. You get to keep 2 games per month - first two being Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 - and it doesn't seem like you'll need a subscription to keep playing them. (Link, Thread)
● Kinect Sports: Rivals, developed by RARE, has been announced. It will feauting a bunch of new minigames powered by KINECT. Rival data is stored on a cloud, friends can compete at any time during gameplay. (Link, Thread)
● Crimson Dragon, Yukio Futatsugi Panzer Dragoon spiritual successor, has been moved to Xbox One. And we get a new E3 trailer! (Link, Thread)
● Powerstar Golf, by ZOE Mode, is what you would guess it to be. A stylish golfing game with...um...magical powers? (Link, Thread)
● Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is actually an Xbox 360 exclusive, of all things. A colorful action platformer with novel gameplay innovations. (Link)
● World of Tanks is coming out for the 360. As a free-toplay MMO action game with millions upon millions of players, seems a good win for Microsoft. (Link)
● Zoo Tycoon is back, but this time for Xbox One and 360. Seems to have all the gameplay you love from the series, but with a healthy Kinect interaction. (Link, )
● New Slim Xbox 360 consoles have been announced. A 4GB system with no Kinect is $199.99; get it with Kinect for $299.99 or a 250GB model sans Kinect also for $299.99. (Link)
● Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare will arrive first on XBO, then later on Xbox 360. It's a third-person multiplayer four player co-op action title. Contains multiple classes each with their own abilities. (Link, Thread)
● Far Cry Classic has been leaked for the 360. Literally no other info at the moment, so it could come to other platforms, it could be visually updated.. who knows. (Link, Thread)

SONY

● Destiny of Spirits, coming to PSVita, is a free-to-play "social RPG" in development at Sony Studio Japan with help from Q-Entertainment. Out in 2013, it's a strategy game of sorts where players work together in turn-based battles to unlock an expansive virtual world. (Link)
● Knack, PS4's ode to PS1-gen platformers, was demoed by Cerny today. Knack can talk, and he has a deep voice! Very impressive looking! (Link, Thread)

MULTI

● Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain has had a spectacular E3 trailer revealed at the Microsoft conference. For PS3/PS4/XBO/360/PC. (Link, Thread)
● Battlefield 4 has already been announced for PC/PS4/PS3/360/XBO, but now we get news that its "Second Assault" DLC will be headed first to XBO. Check out the latest E3 gameplay trailer. Also, Commander Mode is back! (Link, Thread)
● Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, developed by CD Projekt, is for PS4/XBO/PC, and looks about as absolutely insane as you'd expect. As an ambitious open-world RPG, it has me salivating at least... and if you like Kinect, it's got voice commands on XBO. (Link, Thread)
● Star Wars: Battlefront has been teased at E3. Utilizing the Frostbite 3 Engine, it shows an AT-AT stomping a vehicle in Hoth. Not much more information at the moment, other than its developed by DICE. (Link, Thread)
● Mirror's Edge 2 has been announced and it's for PS4/Xbox One/PC. Thank the Gods. And it doesn't look like they focus grouped it to death! Watch the trailer for a good tease. (Link, Thread)
● Madden 25 had its blow out at the EA conference. We learned about "Player Sense", which allows you to scan the environment and react on the fly, and "War in the Trenches". More details in my links. (Link)
● NBA Live, previously announced just for XBO/PS4, is focusing on dribbling with a new feature called 'bounceTek.' Supposedly, no basketball game has ever approached dribbling like this. (Link, Thread)
● EA Sports UFC breaks out with this E3 2013 trailer. It's a lot of fluff, but you get a taste of what it will be like. Out Spring 2014. (Link)
● Fifa 14, for XBO/PS4/PS3/360, is being called "the most authentic football game in history." With talk about the stadium being alive, it's interesting to note only PS4 and XBO versions will use the next-gen "Ignite Engine." (Link, Thread)
● Need for Speed: Rivals, for PC/PS3/PS4/XBO/360, is said to blur the line between single player and multiplayer with its "all-drive" feature. Showed two people separately playing as a racer and a cop; NFS: Rivals then put them in a game together automatically. (Link, Thread)
● Dragon Age III: Inquisition will be out Fall 2014, for PC/360/XBO/PS3/PS4. An open world game, with Morrigan confirmed to be returning. Check the trailer! (Link, Thread)
● Peggle 2, from EA, has been announced for release later this year. No platforms yet, but hey it's coming! (Link, Thread)
● Batman: Arkham Origins, for PC/PS3/WiiU/360 releasing 10/25/2013, has a E3 gameplay trailer for your consumption. Definitely looks wild. (Link, Thread)
● Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII is has already had plenty of information disseminated about it, but here's your E3 2013 gameplay demo footage. (Link, Thread)
● Command & Conquer also has its E3 trailer debut. Not only that, but a Closed Beta is coming this summer. Sign up at thread link. (Link, Thread)

NINTENDO

● Picross e is coming to North America for 3DS on 6/13 for $5.99. A fantastic price for what is sure to be countless hours of enjoyment. (Link, Thread)

B.K.

I worked half a day today and missed about 45 minutes of the Microsoft press conference. Is there any place online that I can watch it?

Amir0x

Banned
Apologies for how hard it has been to get this update to you... I think I must have clicked "Edit" like a hundred times and seen a hundred database errors to get just this lol

Thanks for the summary. I've had to resort to scrounging around Engadget/Joystiq/TheVerge since GAF was down. I mean, I know it's being hosted off of Evilore's phone while he's skydiving etc. -- but I really thought that THIS year, finally, GAF will be powered by the magical cloud that handles 14k simultaneous visitors. :)

Srsly though, should GAF just move to AWS for these kinds of times? I know it only happens twice a year... but surely there's enough ad revenue coming along to enable this?

Top Bottom