First, let me apologize for the banners. For some reason my photoshop stopped working, so I had to rush these through MS Paint. Hopefully it's the content that matters
QUICK LINKS: Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, Multiplatform/Misc
As many know, I enjoy the process of summarizing. It's soothing:
E3 2006 Summary Topic
Tokyo Game Show 2005 Summary Topic
E3 2011 Summary Topic
Those are some examples of my past work.
How does it work?
This year, I'm simplifying the summarizing process. In short, there will be two terms used for every bulletpoint. Wherever you see the word "Link" you'll get a direct link to an article, video or some other informative bit of news about the bulletpoint. Wherever you see the word "Thread", you'll get a link to an ongoing neoGAF discussion about that bit of news. This way, this thread is integrally linked to the community as well as E3 as a show. I hope this process makes things easy for you guys to follow!
How will the updating process work?
There will be four main posts, each segmented into themes. One is for Microsoft, one is for Nintendo and one is for Sony. The fourth is for Miscellaneous items and Multiplatform titles. Each day you can check my OP, and you'll see the latest bulletpoints with a timestamp. This is how it will look
June 6, 5:52PM(EST)
● Stuff happened and it was fucking real (Link, Thread)
June 6, 7:00PM(EST)
● Remember that other shit? That was nothing. Some REAL shit happened now. (Link, Thread)
The latest update will always be at the most bottom of the page. This way, you'll always be able to see what news you might have missed. My schedule is going to be irregular, but in general you'll always see an update around 5:00PM(EST), and then continually until around 8:30PM(EST) as far as I can do. Keep checking to see if anything is new!
How can you help?
You probably didn't ask this. But I'm going to pretend you did anyway! I am one single person, who also has to hold down a job. The industry is now a massive, daunting place with news falling out of every orifice every second around the hour. What this means is that it is literally going to be impossible for me to get every single bit of news everywhere. I'm bound to miss something.
I fully encourage you to post news articles - using the format I have for my topic bulletpoints - in this thread or in PM to me, and I will also update them into the post. At the end of my posts, I will regularly be updating a "thank you" list to everyone who has contributed.
Oh, and one more thing...
Obviously, this thread is incomplete and more of a template at the moment until the E3 news really starts raining in, but I wanted to get this up in advance of Nintendo's Direct and with Konami's pre-E3 conference today, it just seemed like the right time. Please don't post how there is not a lot of news yet. I know
I have the same post delay as you all, so please allow me to reserve my four posts for the purposes of this thread. Thank you
Thanks you to the following members for their contributions!
opticalmace, Jawmuncher, flaxknuckles, codhand, bdizzle, LOCK, Dahbomb, PTG, Roboleon, D-e-f-
June 6, 5:59PM(EST)
● Retro Game Challenge/Game Center CX is getting a new game in the series on the 3DS! Fantastic news! (Link, Thread)
June 7, 4:18PM(EST)
● Sonic: Lost Worlds looks really crazy, like some mix of Sonic Xtreme and Super Mario Galaxy. It was announced a little while ago for Wii U, but now there is a tour of the world and 3DS footage too. Enjoy! (Link, Thread)
June 10, 6:27PM(EST)
● Picross e is coming to North America for 3DS on 6/13 for $5.99. A fantastic price for what is sure to be countless hours of enjoyment. (Link, Thread)
June 11, 11:27AM(EST)
● Bayonetta 2 had its coming out party today, and it's rad. Our girl has a new hairstyle to go with it! So over-the-top, jumping on jets, blowing up bridges, kicking ass... it's so beautiful guys! (Link, Thread)
● Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze has been announced for the Wii U! It seems pretty typical to the formula, except with much more dynamic use of the camera to give it a more fluid 3D-like feel. (Link, Thread)
● Mario Kart 8 has been announced for the Wii U! Looks cool as fuck. Motorcycles and Karts together; crazy wall travel; what you love here at last! (Link, Thread)
● Super Mario 3D World was revealed. It seems like it's inspired by 3D Land, and it has multiplayer and a new cat-suit power up. Interesting. (Link, Thread)
● Pokemon Y/X seems to have a trillion frothing fans around the world anticipating it, so check out the latest E3 2013 Trailer! Bonus... it's releasing October 12, 2013 worldwide! New Fairy Type Pokemon revealed which retroactively includes Jigglypuff, for some reason. (Link, Thread)
● Smash Bros. U has finally been shown, and Megaman has join the cast! Also seen: Spirit Tracks level, Skyloft, Nintendogs level and more. Set to debut on Wii U and 3DS in 2014. (Link, Thread)
● The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD has 1080p and uses shaders to refine textures and characters. On Wii U, there's now a 'speed up' button to allow fast boat travel. Also: Tingle Tuner is back, via Gamepad! (Link, Thread)
● Wii U eShop is getting the spotlight, with a list of games being worked on by indie devs and others. Include Mutant Mudds, Dungeon & Dragons from Capcom, Cloudberry Kingdom and much more. Check the link. (Link)
● Wii U Third Party support was also highlighted with a list of games coming out in the near future on 3DS and Wii U. Nothing mindblowing, exactly what you'd expect... AssCreed, Scibblenauts, Splinter, Deus, etc. (Link)
● Art Academy is headed to the Wii U! Apparently, Nintendo took note of all the aspiring artists on Miiverse and this game is going to be a response to that. Also on order: A new eShop app where you draw with pencils, pastels, etc. (Link)
● Wii Party U/Wii Fit U have been delayed with Party going to October and Fit going to Winter. Wii Party was originally for summer, and features 80 mini-games that make novel use of gamepad. Wii Fit was for first half of 2013, and is self-explanatory. (Link)
● X, from Monolith Soft, is showing other Japanese devs how to get it DONE in the RPG sphere. Holy shit at this trailer. Coming 2014. (Link, Thread)
● Yoshi's New Island for the 3DS has had its E3 2013 debut in this entertaining trailer. (Link, Thread)
● Call of Duty Ghosts WILL be coming to Wii U. Previously they announced platforms and Wii U wasn't on it, but now we got confirmation it is indeed going to join the Wii U library. (Link, Thread)
● Wonderful 101 is coming, and it will support up to five players simultaneously in co-op mode! Hot damn! Check out the phenomenal trailer as well from the E3 Nintendo Direct. (Link, Thread)
● Mario & Luigi: Dream Team looks about as amazingly over-the-top as you would expect. Sure to be another classic. Check out the latest E3 Trailer. (Link, Thread)
June 11, 3:55PM(EST)
● Pikmin 3 still looks charming and addictive, and if you needed any more reasons to rush out and get this on August 4, this E3 trailer is for you. (Link)
● The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is the name of what was formerly Link to the Past 2. Game looks just amazing in every way in the E3 trailer. (Link)
● Shin Megami Tensei IV is coming soon on 3DS, and we've got the latest E3 dish for you to consume. Cannot. Wait. (Link)
June 11, 5:16PM(EST)
● Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS, on top of having Megaman announced, had two other characters revealed. The Villager from Animal Crossing and... the Wii Fit Trainer. This was their 'big announcement' of E3 that they made the press wait 40 minutes just to hear. (Link, Thread)
● Sonic Lost World is still looking amazing conceptually, with Sonic's new list of parkour abilities and its interesting approach to handling his speed in this 3D sphere. Check out the latest video. (Link, Thread)
June 12, 5:37AM(EST)
● Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl has been announced for North America on 3DS. Has a story mode or a more traditional hardcore mode, as well as the "Grimoire Stone" system. (Link, Thread)