• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix The Witcher TV series in the works (not related to CD Projekt)

It won't happen but yes, please!

Anyhow I think Mads and Eva are not as expensive as Tom, so those suggestions are possible imo

Yeah, that is a definite pipe dream :p But yeah, Mads and Eva seem doable.

Wtf why? She is a good a actress especially in these type roles

I haven't really seen any evidence of that. I enjoyed her in Season 1 of GoT, but she got grating and extremely one-note in the rest. She was pretty bad in the new Terminator, too.

Nah, she's just a bad actress.

Ding.

FLAguy954

Unless they change Geralt dramatically to make him more like in the games, people are going to be seriously disappointed when they find out that book Geralt is a terrible whiner, and even gets called out on it in book 4 I believe.

Also, Sapkowski is working with them. I understand people not reading the article linked in the OP, but not reading even the OP... come on.

Yeah, the fact that it isn't based on the games makes me feel like it's going to fail to hold my interest. I started the series with The Witcher 3.

zkorejo

Yes Yes YEs!... Netflix needs to go ALL out with this. Get Nikolah Coster for Geralt, Eva Green for Yen and Charles Dance for Emhyr. Dont care about the rest.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Oww, yeah!

get
Wow thats the worse tomato sauce squirt ive seen..

AlterOdin

Nice to see an interest in the franchise, but hope they some sort of production-value , and a senseable director. Not a big fan of how their superhero-marvel "universe" turned out, and this is arguable in the same wain.

If they play it right, this may be the next Game of Thrones, but I am not holding my breath.

Polish FolkHero

Neo Member
This is excellent news! I would definitely vote for Viggo as Geralt. But I do feel conflicted, how is the book version of Geralt compared to the game? I fell in love with the games. Is there big character differences in the books?

JBwB

This is excellent news! I would definitely vote for Viggo as Geralt. But I do feel conflicted, how is the book version of Geralt compared to the game? I fell in love with the games. Is there big character differences in the books?

By the third game Geralt was pretty much back to his usual self as he'd fully regained his memories by then.

His sarcasm and humor is still there though I do think he was definitely more grumpy in the books.

Polish FolkHero

Neo Member
By the third game Geralt was pretty much back to his usual self as he'd fully regained his memories by then.

I think he was definitely more grumpy in the books though. His sarcasm and humor is still there.

Awesome! Think I'll pick up the first book in preparation for this. I absolutely loved Witcher 2 and 3 spent my time with the last expansion, just didn't want it to end.

CloudWolf

Also Cara Delevingne would be a great ciri imo.
ZYymUT4.jpg

You do know that this is going to be based on the books, so Ciri is going to have to be 16-18 years tops? Moreover, if they decide to do the short stories first, Ciri (if she appears at all in the first season) is going to be max 10 years old. For casting Ciri we should legitimately be looking at child actresses.

Kit Harrington is okay. Did you forget about the woman who plays Shae?

Shae's actress was kind of unfortunate. She was clearly limited by her knowledge of English, considering that in other films she is a legitimately good or even great. She's actually won the German equivalent of an Oscar twice. Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke however are pretty terrible actors inside and outside GoT. Kit Harington for instance was awful in Pompeii and Brimstone.

Thorrgal

Neil Patrick Harris.

Oh yes, he'd be perfect! As I recall Dandelion (Jaskier in polish) was blonde in the books

You do know that this is going to be based on the books, so Ciri is going to have to be 16-18 years tops? Moreover, if they decide to do the short stories first, Ciri (if she appears at all in the first season) is going to be max 10 years old. For casting Ciri we should legitimately be looking at child actresses.

Plenty of older actresses/actors have played 16y olds before (like all high school shows, last example, Stranger Things), I don't see a problem there.

Plus they can age the character a couple of years like they did in GoT. Good child actors are really hard to find, they nailed on GoT but are cringeworthy in many others, to the point if ruining it.

I rather have a good 20-25y old actress playing here like Cara or chloe grace moretz than a bad 16y

Having said that, if they could snatch a good young actress like Millie Bobby Brown, (who played Eleven in Stranger Things), then I'm all for it

CloudWolf

Plenty of older actresses/actors have played 16y olds before (like all high school shows, last example, Stranger Things), I don't see a problem there.

Plus they can age the character a couple of years like they did in GoT. Good child actors are really hard to find, they nailed on GoT but are cringeworthy in many others, to the point if ruining it.

I rather have a good 20-25y old actress playing here like Cara or chloe grace moretz than a bad 16y

Having said that, if they could snatch a good young actress like Millie Bobby Brown, (who played Eleven in Stranger Things), then I'm all for it

True, but you have to consider that we won't see the show for a while, it will probably take at least 2 years to even start production. 18-year old actresses now will be at least 20 before this show starts shooting.

And again, if they want to do the short stories first, it will have to be someone like Millie Bobby Brown, considering it's kinda hard to cast Chloe Grace Moretz or Cara in a role for a 10 year old kid.

Thorrgal

True, but you have to consider that we won't see the show for a while, it will probably take at least 2 years to even start production. 18-year old actresses now will be at least 20 before this show starts shooting.

And again, if they want to do the short stories first, it will have to be someone like Millie Bobby Brown, considering it's kinda hard to cast Chloe Grace Moretz or Cara in a role for a 10 year old kid.

I'm sure we won't see Ciri as a 10y old, at least not played by the same actress.

I also think they have to start the Saga from the get go, not do 2 seasons of short stories and then start the Saga...that'd be weird

Lelou

I really hope it will come out a great tv series.

In the last 5 years i have seen only terrible fantasy tv show...

Gigageiger

Neo Member
I'm sure we won't see Ciri as a 10y old, at least not played by the same actress.

I also think they have to start the Saga from the get go, not do 2 seasons of short stories and then start the Saga...that'd be weird
But the short stories are meant to establish the universe and how Geralt met with Ciri as well as Yennefer. Starting with the saga from the get go would confuse a lot of newcomers.

This is exciting news! I've never read the books but I love all 3 games. Hope it's done well, this has a lot of potential to be an amazing show.

It'd be funny if this show does well enough that when they finish adapting the books that they just start adapting the games seeing is that the books kind of end anti-climatically.

A TV show based on a book series that eventually turns into an adaption of a video game.

CloudWolf

Yeah, I'm fine with that. She is perfect.
Nobody else will satisfy me now.
Does she do nude scenes though? I think there will be some with Yen.

What a weird question. Eva Green got famous for a film where she was fully nude 90% of the time (The Dreamers, look it up, it's pretty good).

But the short stories are meant to establish the universe and how Geralt met with Ciri as well as Yennefer. Starting with the saga from the get go would confuse a lot of newcomers.
True, but if they wanted to just focus on the saga, they could do "A Question of Price", "The Last Wish" and "Sword of Destiny" as flashback episodes. Those are the important ones to set up Ciri and Yen.

Top Bottom