• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Battlefield 4 Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaptorGTA

I really hope theres more then just the RCB-90 and its counterparts. I'd like to see more variety..and subs...and Battleships. lol

I don't have a huge problem with maps like Metro, its just that they don't belong in THIS game. Calling a game "Battlefield" and having a super small underground tunnel map simply makes no sense.

I don't understand why they can't just release a spinoff franchise that caters to people who want more close quarters action.

I'm not saying every map has to be massive, but Op Metro simply doesn't fit when compared to how BF 2 and BF 1942 maps were structured (BF 3 is a sequel to those games, not the Bad Company series).

what BC1/BC2 map was as choketastic as Metro?

DTKT

This doesn't mean anything, necessarily, but when someone told the official BF twitter that they should add subs, they responded, "Funny you mention that..." or something similar.

I also doubt they'd choose to reveal submarines in a Q&A session.

It's a PR account run for a third party firm. I would not count anything they say as accurate information.

They aren't going to confirm anything about their yet-to-be-revealed naval warfare gamemode in a random, throwaway interview on the Battlefield Blog. Come on now, this is standard operating procedure for pre-release information.

i hope youre right but i wouldnt keep my hope up.

Tookay

I just hope the base game is released in a better state with better maps than BF3, because damn vanilla BF3 was rough.

JJD

Wait, there's dynamic time of day in BF4?

Never heard of this, but I doubt it's going to be dynamic, if it happens it's probably just a setting you can choose when you set up the server, so it won't change during the match.

Still, it's a nice addition but they should add a night setting.

Never heard of this, but I doubt it's going to be dynamic, if it happens it's probably just a setting you can choose when you set up the server, so it won't change during the match.

Still, it's a nice addition but they should add a night setting.
Yeah I hadn't heard of it either
Even it just being a setting would be really cool

Mister D

Do we know if the XB1 and PS4 versions are going to be 1080p as well as 60fps or is it going to be 720p? I stil pretty much suck at M&KB and the Battlefield games are the games I've put the most time into on consoles this gen since I didn't have a gaming PC when BC2 and BF3 came out. I got pretty decent and since I play so much I really don't want to be stinking up the joint while I learn how to play with M&KB on PC.

If the PS4 version is going to be 1080p and 60fps then I will definitely buy it for that since the people I play with are on PS3 and they will most likely be getting it for PS4 and I'll have more fun if I'm not getting my ass bruised by people who have built up years of experience using M&KB even though my PC would definitely run the game better.

Kibbles

Do we know if the XB1 and PS4 versions are going to be 1080p as well as 60fps or is it going to be 720p? I stil pretty much suck at M&KB and the Battlefield games are the games I've put the most time into on consoles this gen since I didn't have a gaming PC when BC2 and BF3 came out. I got pretty decent and since I play so much I really don't want to be stinking up the joint while I learn how to play with M&KB on PC.

If the PS4 version is going to be 1080p and 60fps then I will definitely buy it for that since the people I play with are on PS3 and they will most likely be getting it for PS4 and I'll have more fun if I'm not getting my ass bruised by people who have built up years of experience using M&KB even though my PC would definitely run the game better.
DICE confirmed 1080/60 for consoles.

Scalable HUD and custom UI just for PC? Christ, DICE! The one thing I'm constantly bugging you all there about is this and you keep those options on PC? le sigh

I've never played a Battlefield game before, can someone give me a crash course on how it differs from CoD? I know about vehicles and map destruction, but I hear it requires more teamwork to play effectively. That makes me wonder if maybe it's harder to enjoy when playing online with randoms.

I've never played a Battlefield game before, can someone give me a crash course on how it differs from CoD? I know about vehicles and map destruction, but I hear it requires more teamwork to play effectively. That makes me wonder if maybe it's harder to enjoy when playing online with randoms.
You'll definitely have a better time if you're playing with friends.
Some activities are fun to solo (vehicles, sniping), but most of it is best with a group.

You can join a squad of random people you don't know, and there is in game voice chat.

"Battlefield moments". You'll know when you have one.

e8wHTOU.png

translation error

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
what BC1/BC2 map was as choketastic as Metro?

First crate of that really shitty Vietnam one where you start down in the river valley... that was like a precursor to Metro. I bet the person(s) responsible for both those maps are the same.

I DO NOT understand why so many people are into that annoying Metro map.

I hope so.

Nor I. Perhaps they like the clusterfuck it becomes? I dunno.

It's the really obnoxious unlock/rank system... people grind metro for points/unlocks or to raise their SPM's and whatnot. 1000 ticket Metro for the ribbon stacking.

TCRS

Banned
It's the really obnoxious unlock/rank system... people grind metro for points/unlocks or to raise their SPM's and whatnot. 1000 ticket Metro for the ribbon stacking.

That explains all those lvl 100 colonels with their M16s who actually think they have some skills...

2011 dice tech is still top notch in 2013.

Yea but it's still 2011 tech on pc. It's not pushing pcs to its potential.

If DICE wanted to they surely have the talent they could make all of the e3 next gen tech demos look like trash by pushing a PC to its limit atm.

Man I looked at BF2 videos for an hour yesterday and it's really sad how the BF series is now so consolized, yea I made that word up. Looking back at BF2, it reminds me of Arma3, as far as a deep interface goes. I really wish Dice would go back to their roots, at least for the PC with future BF games but that's not likely since they're in bed with consoles now. And I'm not a hater, I use to rock BF3 on my ps3 but man looking back at BF2, I just crave that deeper content.

Overdoziz

Banned
Is it known yet whether or not the vehicle physics have been improved? Not really a fan of my vehicle spazzing the fuck out whenever another vehicle comes in contact with it.

Is it known yet whether or not the vehicle physics have been improved? Not really a fan of my vehicle spazzing the fuck out whenever another vehicle comes in contact with it.

That's something you likely won't know until you get your hands on it. I hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom