• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dissidia Final Fantasy trailer

raven777

The character models look great overall, but why did they have to give Zidane bishounen face? The original version is so much more interesting visually, including better hair:

Zidane+Tribal.jpg

Hoping we get Vivi as a playable character later on; imagine pitting him and Shantotto against one another.

This is Zidane in original Dissidia

D012_Zidane_CG.png

Arkeband

Banned
I don't mind Vaan as the representive for FFXII but in that case I would have liked the Adventurer as the representative for FFXIV.

w2lZ3tL.jpg

This would be really lame. "Cutscene Guy" who thus far hasn't actually appeared in-game works as a narrative tool, but wasting a character slot on that would be asinine.

ZangBa

Every time I saw Zidane's face I felt like I recognized him and I finally figured it out.

He looks like Tara Reed.

teiresias

Looks freaking amazing. Also makes me sad.

We get all of these amazing new models of older characters - even the older NES-era characters - yet we're stuck with all-black-wearing, boring as crap character design for FFXV - at least for the characters we're going to be seeing most of the game. They need to go back to that whimsical NES-era character design style for a game this gen, I'm so over Final "NYC Fashion Week" Fantasy.

HeelPower

I actually half-way expect a character like Cactuar to pop up anyway. No, something even weirder. Something like the ??? ghost from FF6, Aki from Spirits Within and, most importantly, Ai from the Unlimited anime using the bitey wallet as her weapon.

a7LY1pG.jpg

FFUnlimited!

Somebody remembers it lol.It was a fun anime.

Son Of D

Let's go all the way into the madness with spin-offs and add Benjamin from Mystic Quest.

latest

Hey he made it into Theatrhythm......... Can we get the soundtrack at least?

Golnei

Already calling Lightning as my main. I hope they have her Lightning Returns outfit in the game.

They could fund an entire season of DLC with her outfits from Lightning Returns. I'd be happy just with the ballgown, butler costume and Locke outfit.

This would be really lame. "Cutscene Guy" who thus far hasn't actually appeared in-game works as a narrative tool, but wasting a character slot on that would be asinine.

Judging from the ending
of Heavensward, the cutscene guy might actually turn out to be a villain.

Yarbskoo

Yeah, I'm not really feeling that Zidane face.

I'm glad he's still around at least. FFIX feels pretty forgotten these days.

I think there might be licensing issues with using Unlimited or Legend of the Crystals characters.
Spirits Within is fine tho.

SkyOdin

Who is this and what is even happening.

That is Godbert Manderville, the greatest goldsmith in Eorzea and one of the staring characters from Final Fantasy XIV's comedic Hildebrand quest-line. He is also the owner of the Gold Saucer.

Big One

Banned
Well if they're repping Tactics in this game it's likely we're going to see other spinoffs represented as well. I'm thinking:

Type-0
Crystal Chronicles
Seiken Densetsu
Mystic Quest
Legends (mobile games)
Mobius

Possibly some others, but those are the ones I'm thinking.

Golnei

Well if they're repping Tactics in this game it's likely we're going to see other spinoffs represented as well. I'm thinking:

Out of those, I'd be the least surprised to see Type-0 stuff, especially since Gilgamesh already had a Type-0 costume in 012. Though the spinoff I'd want to see represented most is also the one with the smallest chance...

He must not be forgotten.

Out of those, I'd be the least surprised to see Type-0 stuff, especially since Gilgamesh already had a Type-0 costume in 012. Though the spinoff I'd want to see represented most is also the one with the smallest chance...

Sadly Akitoshi Kawazu admitted that they literally have no idea how to write this character anymore.

Golnei

Right, which is different from in FFIX but not as different as the newest incarnation. Seems like they take the transformation farther with each new Dissidia title.

It's more just the expression of his main render - the ingame model seems fairly close to the one used for the PSP renders from other angles.

Sadly Akitoshi Kawazu admitted that they literally have no idea how to write this character anymore.

Would that really be a problem for Dissidia, considering how caricatured the entire cast is? I'd expect the game's relative obscurity and somewhat distant connection to FF to be much more decisive factors - VS doesn't even have representation in Theatrhythm.

Ashley was the fucking man. I'd love to see him get in, unlikely as it is.

Ishida

Banned
I will wait forever for a Dissidia game that adds characters from other Square-Enix franchises.

Crono VS Aya Brea.

Loona

I will wait forever for a Dissidia game that adds characters from other Square-Enix franchises.

Crono VS Aya Brea.

I just hope this succeeds enough to justify more specific spin-offs, like Dissidia Monks: No Magic, No Weapons, No Problem - Mash and Ayla Beat Up Everyone.

Shahed

I just hope this succeeds enough to justify more specific spin-offs, like Dissidia Monks: No Magic, No Weapons, No Problem - Mash and Ayla Beat Up Everyone.

Who are the monks in the series? I can't think of many of the top of my head

Yang, Sabin, Tifa, Zell, Amarant and Yda?

Loona

Who are the monks in the series? I can't think of many of the top of my head

Yang, Sabin, Tifa, Zell, Amarant and Yda?

There are also a few distinct ones in XI - Prishe you may know from Dissidia, although she's partly white mage, and Maat in particular has specific moves of his own (not to mention mastery of most other jobs in the game).

Expanding to other SE games in their history you'd have the likes of Ayla from Chrono Trigger and Masaru from Live-A-Live.

Top Bottom