• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NBC Show: Revolution - Lost meets Jericho - From Eric Kripke and JJ Abrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geoff Keighley thought the same earlier today.

History Channel better sue Naughty Dog then.

nzMA8.jpg

JdFoX187

Banned
I Am Legend did the whole overgrown New York City before Naughty Dog did. Hell, there were a couple History/National Geography specials that showed the same thing. It's not a new concept.

EDIT: Beaten like a bitch.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'll watch it with the full belief that it will be canceled at the end of the year, just like Invasion and Flashforward.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Looks great. Characters don't really seem that interesting, but the setting and production values and premise are definitely intriguing.

The one thing LOST had was great characters in addition to incredibly engaging and compelling sci-fi nonsense. Every post-LOST sci-fi show has lacked this quality. Sure some shows like FRINGE have a great character or two, but nothing on par with the ensemble of LOST. That was LOSTs biggest strength.

Okay, show. Yes. You have me for at least the pilot.

I laughed at the plane literally falling out of the sky, though.

I had to lol at that too.

But I do love me some post-apocalyptic stuff, but this will probably be like Walking Dead in terms of the drop-off in quality from the pilot to series.

ivysaur12

Banned
Looks great. Characters don't really seem that interesting, but the setting and production values and premise are definitely intriguing.

The one thing LOST had was great characters in addition to incredibly engaging and compelling sci-fi nonsense. Every post-LOST sci-fi show has lacked this quality. Sure some shows like FRINGE have a great character or two, but nothing on par with the ensemble of LOST. That was LOSTs biggest strength.

I'm a little confused how you got poor characterization from an action-focused trailer.

(I think Revo has one or two really fun characters in its ensemble, but I need to see how the lead does in her role).

I'm holding out hope the show carries itself well after the pilot.

I'm sure the later episodes will have less expansive shots of dead city and more focused narratives. I don't think budget will be a problem if they do the story correctly.

It's an interesting premise, will have to see if the characters hold their own weight.

This looks bad, but maybe that's just me. The acting is really bad. Interesting concept besides the overweight nerdy guy having the locket that holds all the truth the dad downloaded.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a little confused how you got poor characterization from an action-focused trailer.

(I think Revo has one or two really fun characters in its ensemble, but I need to see how the lead does in her role).

They just all seemed lame, I dunno. Even Militia captain dude.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It's going to take a while for me to look at the uncle as any kind of hero.

He was the abusive husband/father in season 2 of 24...

I am a sucker for this kinda of crap, but send Eric back to supernatural please. That show is lost without him.

It really is, and it makes me sad. Supernatural had a great 5 seasons.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I understand the focus of the trailer, yet I still think the characters look kind of stupid.
You don't just go around giving TV shows like this the benefit of the doubt. Trust me. I've been chasing the LOST dragon for years now. The characters in this show are going to be lame.

ivysaur12

Banned
I understand the focus of the trailer, yet I still think the characters look kind of stupid.

Sure, but when you watch a trailer explicitly designed to show a plot over character interactions, why would you expect to get any semblance of character? It's just a really silly thing to complain about given what's shown.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Sure, but when you watch a trailer explicitly designed to show a plot over character interactions, why would you expect to get any semblance of character? It's just a really silly thing to complain about given what's shown.

The stuff they did show was super dumb, though. Showing more of it isn't going to magically fix this.

Whatever. I'll be here in September to eat some crow. But I gotta warn you, the characters in this show will probably be pretty lame.

Retrocide

Is there any reason they are using bows and arrows along with 19th Century era guns? Did modern guns suddenly stop working too?

ivysaur12

Banned
The stuff they did show was super dumb, though. Showing more of it isn't going to magically fix this.

Whatever. I'll be here in September to eat some crow. But I gotta warn you, the characters in this show will probably be pretty lame.

They're okay. Two of them (fat guy and British chick) are fun. One more that's not in the trailer (older black lady) is also well done.

Liking the Cast, music in that video preview.

Please don't let this end up like Terra Nova

I wish some of these shows would just go to USA Network, better chance of success.

WillyFive

Not impressed. Seems just like Jericho, the interesting stuff (the blackout) is only in the first episode, while the rest of the show is about the aftermath (the boring stuff).

That's more of an example of drop-off in quality after Season 1 and the rest of the show (which applies to The Walking Dead as well).

oatmeal

Banned
You don't just go around giving TV shows like this the benefit of the doubt. Trust me. I've been chasing the LOST dragon for years now. The characters in this show are going to be lame.

Exactly how I feel.

Looks good, and I hope it last more than one season. Lost did it before so this might get lucky. I really do see the Hunger Game vibes.

Edit: Also it's good to see more Hollywood directors take an interest in TV.

JDSN

Banned
I still cant belive people remember Lost fondly, i thought it was some stone tampoon-induced denial, but i see people actually consider it the gold standard of tv scifi characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom