• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pinball Arcade Kickstarter - Terminator 2: Judgment Day [Complete, $62K funded]

joeblow

For any Kickstarter vets out there.... any games that you know of that reached supporter status a mere hour or so before it ended?

joeblow

Wha....!!!!! Someone pledged $9,500 today meaning the project is officially funded! I hope his check doesn't bounce.

joeblow

Maybe James Cameron himself pulled some loose change stuck in his home theater couches and used it to fund the table. :-D

joeblow

Well, it appears that Cameron was just yanking our collective chains. The bid has been pulled and we're back to needing over 9K.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Well, it appears that Cameron was just yanking our collective chains. The bid has been pulled and we're back to needing over 9K.
Found the jerk who did it.
lHpS0R2.jpg

Rashin' fashin' Rick Rastardly!

androvsky

I thought a pledge couldn't be withdrawn if it meant the difference between being funded and not. Was it just a few dollars short?

jvm

Gamasutra.
THREAD TITLE NEEDS TO CHANGE.

This is terrible. I hope people didn't celebrate all over Twitter and turn people off from the project... :(

Shaneus

Yeah, this really couldn't have been any worse for the project.

Whoever updated the thread title... update it back!

Minsc

Gold Member
I guess we'll file that "once a project is funded you can't remove a pledge that would un-fund the project" under the myth category.

Vyse24

Aside from the fake pledge, there has been a nice jump recently, pushing the pledge total for the day passed $2.5k. This happens everyday from this point, and it'll get funded.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
This is too damn tense. Why couldn't this one have just shit it in like the others? Taken years off my life.

I know that feeling, bro. This is only my second Kickstarter contribution, after The '90s Arcade Racer. I hope my record is still perfect.

Shaneus

I know that feeling, bro. This is only my second Kickstarter contribution, after The '90s Arcade Racer. I hope my record is still perfect.
So far I've backed (from memory):
Idle Thumbs
Double Fine Adventure
Some futuristic racing game I can't remember the name of
Poker Smash
There Came an Echo (Feep's next game)
Carmageddon
STTNG
and this.

Oh, and the PAPA Pinball TV thing. They've all made it.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So far I've backed (from memory):
Idle Thumbs
Double Fine Adventure
Some futuristic racing game I can't remember the name of
Poker Smash
There Came an Echo (Feep's next game)
Carmageddon
STTNG
and this.

Oh, and the PAPA Pinball TV thing. They've all made it.

Was the futuristic racer named Distance?

joeblow

Four days to go, just over $7K left to raise. It appears to be BARELY on track, but we probably won't know for sure until the final hours.

Shaneus

I only just checked it now so I don't know how many backers there have been since the last post, but this is looking WAY better:
5j5VXlY.png

joeblow

Yep, it's looking pretty good. When it comes time to choose the platforms for us supporters, I hope that Farsight offers the PS4 version since that's the main system I will want to play it on.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
$2300 left with 3 days to go? This is going to happen.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Everybody's assuming that Addams Family is next, but after that, I'd like to see a "motorsports grab bag". Start with funding for the Stern NASCAR table, then offer No Fear and Bally Indy 500 as stretch goals. Or some order that would make sense.

congratulations everyone. I really wish I could have afforded to chip something in this time, but I'm very happy it made the goal.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Everybody's assuming that Addams Family is next, but after that, I'd like to see a "motorsports grab bag". Start with funding for the Stern NASCAR table, then offer No Fear and Bally Indy 500 as stretch goals. Or some order that would make sense.
I hope they'll stop being coy about TAF and tell us what's planned. They've teased for far too long.

Good to see they made it. I was hesitant about backing at first only because of all the horror stories people had about getting keys, getting them redeemed and all that jazz. I hope they learned their lesson and it goes by smoother for them.

I also hope no one backed this assuming they'd get the table on 360, because who knows if that will ever actually happen.

Minsc

Gold Member
Kickstarter update said:
Also, to let you know that any Kickstarter backer support pledges, exceeding the goal towards funding Terminator 2, will be applied to one of our most requested tables that would require a Kickstarter.

Could anything be more requested than TAF? Hopefully they get T2 & TAF out this year (or early next), like they had TZ & STTNG in the prior.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I'd imagine No Fear and Indy 500 would be MUCH less to license than NASCAR.

Top Bottom