• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pinball Arcade Kickstarter - Terminator 2: Judgment Day [Complete, $62K funded]

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I got really screwed on the Next Generation table I supported.

I chose the 360 SKU, and they lost their 360 publisher so I had to change it to the PS3 SKU. They sent me a code, and I had to buy the PS3 SKU (which I didn't own yet) to use it. I enter the code and it's for the Twilight Zone table. I've mailed them about 5 times asking for my Next Generation PS3 code, telling them they gave me a Twilight Zone code, and they just don't respond to my mails.

So, after five months of me mailing them I gave up. Today Farsight out of the blue finally responded to me asking if I still wanted the code for the Next Generation table I kick started.

jvm

Gamasutra.
It needs $1,850 per day on average to make it. The average so far is $1,930.

Come on, people. You can do it.

Lettuce

Heres hoping!!!. What did you think will be future KS tables??. The only 2 i can think of would be:

Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
Addams Family
Simpsons: Pinball Party

Out of those i can only see Addams smashing it, and Indiana and Simpsons struggle slightly like T2. I think they'll do one more this year towards the end of the year

Layth

I'm worried that they're not gonna hit their goal. This has been my most wanted table since the initial announcement of Pinball Arcade.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Heres hoping!!!. What did you think will be future KS tables??. The only 2 i can think of would be:

Addams Family

Out of those i can only see Addams smashing it, and Indiana and Simpsons struggle slightly like T2. I think they'll do one more this year towards the end of the year

Sadly, Indiana Jones would probably be the least supported of the three but, to me, it's the best of the bunch.

Shaneus

Addams Family

Well, the benefit is that any extra money from Addams could go towards the others. If I was FS I'd be a little smarter about it... bundle less-popular (but still awesome, like Indy, Simpsons licensed machines in with TAF.

Not necessarily a wish-list, but machines with less popular licenses that I could see FS shooting for:
The Shadow
Baywatch (maybe The Hoff is desperate for cash? And Pamela?)
Judge Dredd
Last Action Hero (Maybe they struck a deal with Arnie's agency to get all games with him in them available or at least on the table? Would cover T2/T3 and LAH)
Johnny Mnemonic (though I'd guess Keanu's face wouldn't be cheap)
No Fear
Rollergames

Personally, I'd love to see some of the licensed Data East/Sega games make it. Apollo 13 I've never played but I'm damn curious about it... if only for the 13 ball multiball.

Sadly, Indiana Jones would probably be the least supported of the three but, to me, it's the best of the bunch.
You have good taste. We should be best friends. Personally, I'm not that excited for TAF, just for the userbase it brings with it. Never been a big fan of those Lawler point-and-shoot games.

Well, the benefit is that any extra money from Addams could go towards the others. If I was FS I'd be a little smarter about it... bundle less-popular (but still awesome, like Indy, Simpsons licensed machines in with TAF.

Not necessarily a wish-list, but machines with less popular licenses that I could see FS shooting for:
The Shadow
Judge Dredd
Last Action Hero (Maybe they struck a deal with Arnie's agency to get all games with him in them available or at least on the table? Would cover T2/T3 and LAH)
No Fear
Rollergames

Personally, I'd love to see some of the licensed Data East/Sega games make it. Apollo 13 I've never played but I'm damn curious about it... if only for the 13 ball multiball.
I'd go for Dracula. What are the odds that one is expensive?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Of all the remaining licensed tables, I'd love to see the Bally Indy 500 table in there. I imagine that license won't be too hard to get.

Also, I'd like to see the Stern NASCAR table. Getting that license shouldn't be too hard either, although it won't be cheap to get the likenesses of the cars on the backglass. There's also the Dale Jr. version as well, along with the non-licensed Grand Prix version for European markets, but I want the licensed ones.

As far as other automotive themed pinball games, the Bally Corvette and Sega Viper Night Drivin' ones should be easy to get (although the likeness of Mancow might not be cheap or anything for the latter), so why not those?

Shaneus

As far as other automotive themed pinball games, the Bally Corvette and Sega Viper Night Drivin' ones should be easy to get (although the likeness of Mancow might not be cheap or anything for the latter), so why not those?
We're damn well seeing High Speed and The Getaway before either of those. Now shut up and don't you dare mention any other car pinballs until the ones I mentioned are out.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
We're damn well seeing High Speed and The Getaway before either of those. Now shut up and don't you dare mention any other car pinballs until the ones I mentioned are out.

I'm stunned we haven't seen either yet.

AMUSIX

The Shadow
Judge Dredd
No Fear
Rollergames

You have good taste. We should be best friends. Personally, I'm not that excited for TAF, just for the userbase it brings with it. Never been a big fan of those Lawler point-and-shoot games.

Shadow is a great table (my favorite of my collection) but is an impossible license to get. They've attempted it, but simply won't happen.

Mollymauk

What are the chances of getting Big Bang Bar? It's a Capcom table. One would think preservation alone is motivation enough to make it.

AMUSIX

What are the chances of getting Big Bang Bar? It's a Capcom table. One would think preservation alone is motivation enough to make it.

They seem to love giving rare tables, and I don't think there are licensing issues, so I'd put it's chances as pretty high.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
They seem to love giving rare tables, and I don't think there are licensing issues, so I'd put it's chances as pretty high.
Thing is, though, that there are issues with emulating the Capcom tables from what I hear. Which strikes me as odd, it's not like trying to emulate the PS3 hardware or anything. What's the deal with that?

Shaneus

Shadow is a great table (my favorite of my collection) but is an impossible license to get. They've attempted it, but simply won't happen.
Ah man, really? I hadn't read anything one way or the other, so it's a shame to hear that's the case. I wonder if it's more closely related to Baldwin or the IP itself?

It was remade/released a year or two ago IIRC, so it might depend on that. Or that might be a sign they *wouldn't* be keen on releasing the IP.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Big Bang Bar was rereleased by Illinois Pinball in 2006, I think. It's not that recent.

EDIT: A look at the IPDB suggests a 2007 rerelease. Still not that recent.

Shaneus

Big Bang Bar was rereleased by Illinois Pinball in 2006, I think. It's not that recent.

EDIT: A look at the IPDB suggests a 2007 rerelease. Still not that recent.
More recent than it's original release date :p

Edit: I thought that pro pack would've made a difference... for the 11th (which I guess it still is in the US, there's nothing next to the 12th on Kicktraq) it says they raised almost $3k in pledges.

To me it plays better than the ps3 version, it seems laggy on ps3,maybe it's my TV settings.

Either way it's great

I always go to play it on PS3 and I'm like "mehhhhh" for whatever reason. I think it might be the controller and the distance from the screen, and there's some kind of psychology of grasping the "table" and having it between my hands like I'm actually hitting the buttons on the side of a table.

Plus yeah, it feels more on-point, or I feel more on-point playing it... one of the two. Some tables are watery feeling depending on what they've fixed/broke in the patch cycles, but it's an anomalous ratio to the amount of tables that are spot on, all the time.

Shaneus

I always go to play it on PS3 and I'm like "mehhhhh" for whatever reason. I think it might be the controller and the distance from the screen, and there's some kind of psychology of grasping the "table" and having it between my hands like I'm actually hitting the buttons on the side of a table.

Plus yeah, it feels more on-point, or I feel more on-point playing it... one of the two. Some tables are watery feeling depending on what they've fixed/broke in the patch cycles, but it's an anomalous ratio to the amount of tables that are spot on, all the time.
It's not just you. There's a definite delay with the PS3 version, despite people crying "switch your TV to game mode!" and stuff. It's using the same input as my 360 (via a receiver) and the 360 version is just fine, thank you!

Forcing your PS3 to 720p definitely makes a difference but it's still not quite as responsive as the iOS or 360 versions.

Any news at all about the 360 tables coming out? I keep buying tables on PS3, but the controls are not right. It's very frustrating! My flippers even start twitching sometimes.

Edit: Meant to post this on the Pinball Arcade Thread.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Wow, that was an awful fundraising day today. :-/
They just sent out an update, bumping the $75 benefits. And they've said they've tried to put out PR to everyone they can.

ym99WZ1.jpg

The way they structured their updates for this makes me worry that they're only just aiming to hit the target and not a penny more. "oh two weeks till it ends? Do math, calculate average, new tier rewards." "oh one week till it ends? Do math, calculate average, new tier rewards."

Meanwhile the Skullgirls crowdfunding campaign gets over a hundred updates over the course of the campaign and earns their goal five times over. It's a really stressful thing for the people who've supported TPA, like you're only just getting in there by the thinnest of margins.

The way they structured their updates for this makes me worry that they're only just aiming to hit the target and not a penny more. "oh two weeks till it ends? Do math, calculate average, new tier rewards." "oh one week till it ends? Do math, calculate average, new tier rewards."

Meanwhile the Skullgirls crowdfunding campaign gets over a hundred updates over the course of the campaign and earns their goal five times over. It's a really stressful thing for the people who've supported TPA, like you're only just getting in there by the thinnest of margins.

I understand what you mean about us fretting whether it will meet the goal or not, but as much as ppl rag on Far Sight and how "shitty" Pinball Arcade is (pshaw, plebeians), if they netted a 100k gain on their kickstarters they'd be a big red target... maybe that would be good, though. Works for some.

Also, that big screen pic rules. Was gonna come post it earlier too.

Vyse24

So if you pledge $75, you can potentially get both pro packs for free(well not exactly free but still) if 1. You win the contest and 2. You finish in the top 20% of the T2 supporters tournament. That's crazy.

Vyse24

You know, if you share the Kicktraq link on twitter, they'll retweet it and have it appear on their timeline on the site. You think maybe if we get enough people to tweet it, more people will notice and chip in?

jvm

Gamasutra.
Did they get caught violating a Kickstarter rule? I don't understand today's email about not being associated with that Terminator fans website and its contest.

Shaneus

I think maybe because it's promoting with something outside of Kickstarter? That's all I can think of.

Anyway, gives them an excuse to send out another update, which isn't a bad thing.

Top Bottom