• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Anime "Mini-Series": Strongest Mega Evolution

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Unknown if it will actually spawn into a Mini-Series, but on April 3rd, in place of the XY Anime for one week, a special Pokemon episode will be airing in Japan entitled "The Strongest Mega Evolution Act I". It's not replacing the main series or anything like that, rather we'll likely see periodic parts of it throughout the year.

mdMjuj2.png

The Special focuses on a new character, Alan, a Mega Evolution trainer with Charizard X as he journeys to defeat every Mega Evolution.

773tKTT.png

Alongside Alan, there's also Manon, apparently his sidekick who started with Chespin, and two other characters, Louis and Ayaka, who are probably his Rivals. Louis appears to have Mega Garchomp, while Ayaka has Mega Absol. Finally, the XY Elite Four Member Siebold will be appearing with Mega Blastoise, and he and Alan will battle it out.

The episode is being animated by OLM, like the main series, with Iwane Masaaki (aka one of the show's best animators) supervising, so it will likely look pretty nice and a bit better than the average episode.

While this episode does not seem to feature Ash and co., many people are speculating it's probable the episodes will eventually tie into the series proper, one idea being that Alan will end up being Ash's Kalos League Rival. Furthermore, in the upcoming Diancie Movie, one preview shows what appears to be Ayaka, so it will also apparently tie into the film.

Hedja

Isn't the fourth one from the left just a generic Ace Trainer from XY? Strange they made her a singleton.

Toxi

Banned
The Special focuses on a new character, Alan, a Mega Evolution trainer with Charizard X as he journeys to defeat every Mega Evolution.
This is the dumbest sounding premise of a series I've ever heard.

Mostly because he's gonna auto-lose to Mega Kangaskhan.

Zeroth

I wonder if we will get something as epic as Charizard vs Blaziken but on their mega forms this time. Could be a nice nod to the original anime.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This is the dumbest sounding premise of a series I've ever heard.

They'll reveal in the last episode a new mega stone that transforms it into Charizard Z that gives it the ability to ignore an opponent's ability altogether. Because GameFreak.

JoeM86

Yeah, this is just a side story to the main anime. Same world. Same actors where there's crossover (Professor Sycamore's VA is the same). It's almost certain it will tie in.

Also, Ayaka is confirmed to battle Ash in the upcoming movie :

But who is voicing female ace trainer?

Miyuu Sawai

Hopefully they won't just count this as Siebold's appearance in the anime and not bother showing him again in the X/Y series.

Actually, if the Mega Kanga lacks both Fake Out and Double Edge then that specific 1v1 turns into a speed tie. Since the Charizard X user is the main protagonist, the Mega Kanga will lack both of those moves and his Zard X will win the speed tie. Problem solved! :p

If this guys beats an E4 member that automatically places him a much higher level than that scrub Ash, no point making him a rival.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Urgh The sooner mega evolution go away the better, not fond of that crap. However that Ace female trainer has caught my attention.

Toxi

Banned
They'll reveal in the last episode a new mega stone that transforms it into Charizard Z that gives it the ability to ignore an opponent's ability altogether. Because GameFreak.
The worst part is that you might be right.

Actually, if the Mega Kanga lacks both Fake Out and Double Edge then that specific 1v1 turns into a speed tie. Since the Charizard X user is the main protagonist, the Mega Kanga will lack both of those moves and his Zard X will win the speed tie. Problem solved! :p
Bulky Mega Kangaskhan uses Seismic Toss. Charizard is killed by irony.
Charizard X versus a Mega Garchomp? This is a battle I want to see.

Can Charizard X learn any Ice attack?
Nope, just Dragon. And considering that we're talking about Mega Garchomp with base 185 attack and higher defenses, Charizard is gonna be OHKO'd by Outrage or Earthquake. So that's another matchup the animators will have to bullshit.

Simple, Mega Mewtwos are #1, followed by Mega Kangashkan, Blaziken, Gengar, and Lucario.

Venusaur, Charizards, Pinsir, are just below + a few others

Nope, just Dragon. And considering that we're talking about Mega Garchomp with base 185 attack and higher defenses, Charizard is gonna be OHKO'd by Outrage or Earthquake. So that's another matchup the animators will have to bullshit.

Funny as it is, Mega Garchomp's base speed is 92, lower than all Charizard's 100 and that old troll speed tier of Garchomp 101.

So
Garchomp>Mega Charizard X> Mega Garchomp

Whoever hits 1st in these matchups wins

Toxi

Banned
Funny as it is, Mega Garchomp's base speed is 92, lower than all Charizard's 100 and that old troll speed tier of Garchomp 101.

So
Garchomp>Mega Charizard X> Mega Garchomp

Whoever hits 1st in these matchups wins
Dragon Claw doesn't OHKO Mega Garchomp unless crit. EDIT: Outrage does though, but what Charizard X is gonna learn Outrage? :p

Dragon Claw doesn't OHKO Mega Garchomp unless crit. EDIT: Outrage does though, but what Charizard X is gonna learn Outrage? :p

Every single one as this is a one on one matchup?
Outrage is still used sometimes. It's like getting rid of a hard counter for a pokemon before you let your sweeper sweep

Toxi

Banned
Every single one as this is a one on one matchup?
Outrage is still used sometimes. It's like getting rid of a hard counter for a pokemon before you let your sweeper sweep
I'm assuming so. Never knew some people used Outrage on Megazard X.

If we're talking about actual quality, Megazard X and Mega Garchomp do different things anyway. One's a wallbreaker on the level of black Kyurem, the other is a set-up sweeper. Charizard X is better to use on a wider variety of teams, but good teams will use whichever Pokemon fits in better for any role.

Guys the anime doesn't work like the games, stahp.

They should just continue with the origins thing. At least as far as the gold/ethan vs red battle.

Guys the anime doesn't work like the games, stahp.

They should just continue with the origins thing. At least as far as the gold/ethan vs red battle.

Fine, anime logic is that legendaries win, unless we're playing favrites with Charizard, Pikachu, or Sceptile.

Excluding the exception, Mega Mewtwo X/Y or Mega Latios/Latias are the winners

I'm tired of the charizard attention. Give us some Hoenn Megas, and give more starters megas.

Expect Mega Charizard to win all the battles despite type disadvantage. Pikachu redux.

I wish they would just animate the manga into a series targeted at teens.

Never gonna happen, but I would love to see a pokemon fan fiction where Mewtwo somehow gets a Mega Stone and curbstomps Red's Mega Charizard X. The tears would be delicious.

Edit:
If you had creative control over the series and had to choose a mega for it to star instead of Mega Charizard X, which would you choose?

Mega Aggron: the story of a jobber who got tired, found a Mega Stone and started his revenge.
Not really, but that is my take on the Steel-only type and Filter Ability.

Toxi

Banned
If you had creative control over the series and had to choose a mega for it to star instead of Mega Charizard X, which would you choose?

Never gonna happen, but I would love to see a pokemon fan fiction where Mewtwo somehow gets a Mega Stone and curbstomps Red's Mega Charizard X. The tears would be delicious.

If it was Mewtwo I don't think there would be that much backlash. Let Mega Lucario defeat Charizard or Mewtwo (judging from the stupid Smash overreactions) and then we'll see something interesting.

Top Bottom