• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Anime "Mini-Series": Strongest Mega Evolution

Mr-Joker

Banned
So you're done with Pokemon then?

Hardly, I still love the Pokémon series despite my despite dislike for Mega Evolution. I don't hate Mega Evolution just not fond of them as I find them pointless.

So should more Pokémon get Mega Evolution I am not going to get worked up about it, since I am not exactly forced to use them, but I won't count them as new Pokémon.

Guess we won't be seeing you around, then.

GR0r77I.gif

As if, I still love the Pokémon series Game Freak would have to try very hard to kill that.

If you had creative control over the series and had to choose a mega for it to star instead of Mega Charizard X, which would you choose?

Blaziken, Lucario, Latias, Venusaur, Alakazam, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Gyrados, Mewtwo Y, Scizor, Houndoom, Gardevoir, MAwile, Aggron, Banette, Absol, Latios, Garchomp, Charizard Y (actually no)

Those are the ones I like as much. Some I may like less than Charizard X, but STOP THE CHARIZARD LOVE AND FOCUS YOUR ATTENTION EVENLY GAMEFREAK

Makes we wish Charizard was still the pokemon that got laughed at because Stealth Rocks and being outclassed

Mr-Joker

Banned
Guys this is the second time that Charizard X got an Animé appearance, Ash has a Charizard chilling at Oak.

And if this Alan, a Mega Evolution trainer with Charizard X ends up being Ash's rival, could we expect a fight between Charizard X and Ash's Charizard Mega Evolving into Charizard Y?

Guys this is the second time that Charizard X got an Animé appearance, Ash has a Charizard chilling at Oak.

And if this Alan, a Mega Evolution trainer with Charizard X ends up being Ash's rival, could we expect a fight between Charizard X and Ash's Charizard Mega Evolving into Charizard Y?

How about no.

Give Ash a Mega Heracross instead, or reveal a Mega Typhlosion for his Quilava to evolve into or MEga Sceptile/Infernape

Kyzon

Hardly, I still love the Pokémon series despite my despite dislike for Mega Evolution. I don't hate Mega Evolution just not fond of them as I find them pointless.

So should more Pokémon get Mega Evolution I am not going to get worked up about it, since I am not exactly forced to use them, but I won't count them as new Pokémon.

As if, I still love the Pokémon series Game Freak would have to try very hard to kill that.

That makes sense. I count them as forms myself. Super Saiyan Goku isn't a new Goku, just a different form. I think of it that way.

Toxi

Banned

Yes, we pretty much already know it's gonna happen since Charizard is Ash's only Pokemon besides Heracross that can mega-evolve. It's going to be dumb, just like all Pokemon anime.

PK Gaming

Haha

I like how they straight up used the female ace trainer, because her design is so freaking good

Hopefully it ends up being a cool series. Can't wait to see MEGA AGGRON / MEGA GARCHOMP / MEGA MANECTRIC KICK ASS

An Alan with a Charizard eh? sounds like most of my runs through Red/Fire Red and even the last game so I support this guy for that alone.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
LOL It wouldn't even be a fight. Alan looks competent and would crush Ash unless plot happens.

Top 16 of the Indigo League
Top 8 of the Johto, Hoenn, and Unova League
Top 4 of the Sinnoh League
Champion of the Orange League and Battle Frontier (on par with the Elite Four)

Considering how the entire world appears to be Pokemon Trainers, within the series Ash is relatively accomplished Trainer who just can't catch a break in League Tournaments.

Well, I rather have Origins 2 but this one Good as well
We might get one down the road, this Special really doesn't prevent that from happening. Origin Specials are probably way costly and lengthy to animate, so we weren't gonna see one right away anyway.

JoeM86

LOL It wouldn't even be a fight. Alan looks competent and would crush Ash unless plot happens.

People who say this clearly don't watch the anime much anymore :p

Ash is a decent trainer. He evolves most of his Pokémon these days. He has decent strategies. He has had character development, contrary to what people continually trumpet. Hell, in the Sinnoh saga, he was the only trainer in the entirety of Sinnoh to actually take out any of Tobias' hax Pokémon, and he took down two of them. Yes there was a little bit of regression at the start of BW, but that went away 10 or so episodes later, to the point that one gym leader was on the verge of calling it quits in battle against Ash before the battle was won. Sure, he lost to an idiot in the Unova League, but that idiot had some deus ex machina on his side.

ryan13ts

Mega pikachu.

Seriously. Of all the Pokemon that didn't get a Mega Evolution, this is the family line that practically screamed "We're getting one" when they first announced it. It's the fucking mascot of the series and not a particularly powerful line at that, so it was begging for a ME and still didn't get one. Don't know what GameFreak was thinking there.

And I'm also kind of sick of all the Mega Charizard attention as well, we already got one in Origins so we don't need another special with one. Hell, they could have even gone with Y over X (Although X looks undeniably cooler). Wish they would have gone with Mega Scizor or Mega Mawile instead.

Toxi

Banned
Seriously. Of all the Pokemon that didn't get a Mega Evolution, this is the family line that practically screamed "We're getting one" when they first announced it. It's the fucking mascot of the series and not a particularly powerful line at that, so it was begging for a ME and still didn't get one. Don't know what GameFreak was thinking there.
Raichu really needs one. It's got some interesting traits like decent attack for an Electric type, but its offensive stats and movepool are just too low for real play.

Sandfox

And I'm also kind of sick of all the Mega Charizard attention as well, we already got one in Origins so we don't need another special with one. Hell, they could have even gone with Y over X (Although X looks undeniably cooler). Wish they would have gone with Mega Scizor or Mega Mawile instead.

We're probably going to continue receiving mega evolutions with each game in the series.

JoeM86

We're probably going to continue receiving mega evolutions with each game in the series.

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if we get one in the next games of the generation.

Seriously, Zygarde's stats are just asking for a Mega Evolution.

They can then just patch it into X & Y for compatibility reasons with a mandatory online patch.

Daemul

Why the hell is Alan wearing those trousers? They don't look good in RL and they sure as hell don't look good in Pokemon. Those abominations need to go the way of the dinosaurs ASAP.

Mega Raichu would be badass

If you had creative control over the series and had to choose a mega for it to star instead of Mega Charizard X, which would you choose?
Mega Lucario of course. It's actually important in the XY plot, plus he looks boss.

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if we get one in the next games of the generation.

Seriously, Zygarde's stats are just asking for a Mega Evolution.

They can then just patch it into X & Y for compatibility reasons with a mandatory online patch.
Is rather they grace him like three uber forms ala Kyurem and Giratina, instead of a ME.

Espada

I find it really stupid that they play favorites with certain starters.

Ultimately, they're running a business. They're simply catering to the large group of Charizard fans. IIRC, Masuda said that one of the criteria they used for deciding on who gets a ME was popularity.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Ultimately, they're running a business. They're simply catering to the large group of Charizard fans. IIRC, Masuda said that one of the criteria they used for deciding on who gets a ME was popularity.

And basically all of my favorite Pokémon did get a ME.

That proves the opinion of the majority is always right.

Heh.

So should more Pokémon get Mega Evolution I am not going to get worked up about it, since I am not exactly forced to use them, but I won't count them as new Pokémon

That's reasonable. Fair enough.

Toxi

Banned
When did the character designs get so terrible?
After they peaked in 4th gen.
I find it really stupid that they play favorites with certain starters.
It's a cumulative effect. If Japan originally got Pokemon Blue and Green, Ash would have probably evolved his Bulbasaur or Squirtle, and I have no doubt Venusaur or Blastoise would have Charizard's popularity.

harmonize

When did the character designs get so terrible?
It is amusing to see the female Ace Trainer's simple design contrasted with the rest of the cast haphazardly dressed in some of the silliest ways possible.

Gamefreak and the anime designers need to take a step back and try to avoid doing this again next gen, half of X and Y's gym leaders look to be some inside contest between a few Gamefreak employees on who could sketch up the worst-looking gym leader design possible.

Riposte

More like they understand who's the most popular among the fans and cast accordingly.

I wouldn't mind it if it didn't surface so heavily in the games with latest batch.

Actually, I've noticed they don't keep "parity" between version exclusives. Scyther vs. Pinsir is a sad situation.

woolley

Do people actually like the concept of mega evolution? I feel like its one of the dumbest things added to the series.

So after years of being shitted on, you guys are NOW complaining about Charizard getting the respect he's so rightfully due?

KuGsj.gif

Fuck outta here

Bassun

Drop-crotch pants and a ragged as scarf/muffler?

He looks like an emo clown more than he does a formidable trainer

Will watch but I hope they're testing the waters with these shorts. Maybe they'll create a real adaptation of the Manga. Like fma brotherhood.. Following the whole damn Manga.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
There's really no reason to follow "the Manga", because it's actually just one of quite a few manga published in Japan. In fact, one of the earliest and most popular is the "Pocket Monsters" manga with the talking Clefairy, a gag manga, which actually got a cameo in the show.

It's not the same situation as FMA or a show like that, because Pokemon Special is merely an adaptation itself of the games, just as the Anime is its own adaptation. There'd be no point in animating Pokemon Special, because the main series does well enough promoting the games and selling merchandise, plus animating Pokemon Special would be a costly endeavor without a lot of pay-off, because while Origins worked as a one-off to hit on nostalgia, there'd be no reason to animate all the older arcs of Pokemon Special dealing with non-current games.

I don't see why people can't accept the Manga will stay a Manga.

Toxi

Banned
I wouldn't mind it if it didn't surface so heavily in the games with latest batch.

Actually, I've noticed they don't keep "parity" between version exclusives. Scyther vs. Pinsir is a sad situation.
Not with X and Y, thankfully. Scyther evolves into one of the best Pokemon in the game, Pinsir Mega-evolves into one of the most terrifying Pokemon in the game. They're more balanced now than they've ever been.
pinsir-mega.gif

Not with X and Y, thankfully. Scyther evolves into one of the best Pokemon in the game, Pinsir Mega-evolves into one of the most terrifying Pokemon in the game. They're more balanced now than they've ever been.
pinsir-mega.gif

Seriously, though. I'd watch an anime just about Mega Pinsir.

pinsir-mega.gif

Top Bottom