• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Merchandise Line Announced for Japan: "Look Upon The Stars"

Waji

I'm cautious and I say at best 3ds/Switch, if something is announced.
As a third version it would seem weird to not be playable on the same system as the 2 others. But it may have already happenned ?

Going for products all about the stars is so random it has to mean something. There's no coincidence.

I still feel like Pokemon Eclipse is a way better name for a third game to Pokemon Moon/Sun. Just makes sense.
Not more than Star.

Forkball

I'm betting that Stars or whatever the third version is called is on Switch AND 3DS. Switch will probably have some special features and they are gonna sell it for $60 while the 3DS version will be $40.

I'm not sure if it will actually come out this holiday though. They could honestly release Pokemon at any time and make bank. There's really no rush. Though if it does come out this holiday, along with Mario and maybe even Smash 4DX, Nintendo has a really strong case to pick up a Switch on Black Friday.

Fujinn

MY1G6.gif

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
It'll be Switch and 3DS I reckon.
Sun and Moon sold more than 15 million on the 3DS. No way they're passing that up.
However, I believe the Switch version will have extra incentives to buy, such as Pokemon following you, and little touches like that. They have a lot of memory to work with when it comes to the Switch after all.

As for what the game will be, well, Stars could just be a codename at this point like Rainbow was for Sun and Moon. It could simple just be a third version, but they haven't done one of those since Platinum, and with all the Kanto hints in SM, it'd be stellar if we could visit the region postgame. Would all that be able to fit on a 3DS cartridge though? (I'm rubbish with memory specs and all that). Hell, it could be a sequel set in Kanto with Alola as a postgame. Either way, I'm sure they'll do something about those suspicious empty lots in the majority of Alola's towns.

pokéfan;235306786 said:
To add fuel to the fire, Masuda tweeted Pokemon Stars back in April 12th, trolling.

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/852086126588198912

'POKÉMON-STARS KOMMEN IN DIE SCHWEIZ
MASUDA & OHMORI AN DER POLYMANGA IN MONTREUX'

Before Pokemon Sun and Moon reveal, Masuda posted a picture of a moon, you know something is coming soon...

That just mean the group of stars that make Pokémon. It's not Masuda's fault that the site he linked named their piece like that lol

This will be on Switch. If it even comes to 3DS it HAS to be New 3DS. Not the original 3DS, but New 3DS. New 3DS is more powerful atleast and it would make sense with having the New 2DS XL which is also more powerful than the original 3DS.

TimeSage

Star will be on both 3DS and Switch. When a Pokemon generation start on a Nintendo device. It's ends in the same device.

True Fire

Eclipse is a better name than Stars, but this has been rumoured for so long, and by so many people that the writing really is on the wall.

Zalman

Eclipse is a better name than Stars, but this has been rumoured for so long, and by so many people that the writing really is on the wall.
It was always a codename, so the final title may still be something different even if "stars" is the main theme of the game.

Haven't played Sun or Moon yet, so I'm ready for Stars. Actually wouldn't mind it being on 3DS since I dont have a Switch yet...

But having an mainline HD Pokemon game on the Switch, even if it's based on a 3DS game, is pretty cool.

I really wonder what the next main game is going to look like on the Switch. The run up to that game is going to be insane.

PSOreo

Pokémon Stars: Exclusively to the New Nintendo 2DSXL!

Seriously through if this comes to the Swtich this will probably push me into getting one.

True Fire

I want Pokemon Stars to be on 3DS, only because Sun/Moon were mediocre and I want the first Switch Pokemon game to be amazing.

It doesn't even need an adjustable camera. Cyber Sleuth had a static camera and looked amazing. But Cyber Sleuth was on a console less powerful than the Switch, so it should be a minimum benchmark for Pokémon Switch.

Pokémon following in the overworld is probably happening, and it probably ain't happening on the 3DS

I could see it being cross platform though, but I'll be playing it where my Sableye can creep along behind me

Wouldn't mind going to Kanto in postgame as long as it's not just an afterthought and if there are some "Kantonian Forms"

Randdalf

I kind of hope it isn't just a port of Sun + Moon with upgraded graphics, because I found those games very... restricting. They did some cool things with the Pokémon formula, but were just way too linear for my tastes. Now I know Pokémon games generally have been linear, but not in the way I felt with those games. Maybe I just miss having one connected overworld instead of four smaller ones.

Orbit_shadow

Neo Member
Oras was announced on May 7th 2014, which was a Wednesday. Though this was primarily because Nintendo's Q4 financial briefing took place on the same date (Was delayed).

Regardless, if Stars is true, the announcement will definitely come this month right?

Zalman

Oras was announced on May 7th 2014, which was a Wednesday. Though this was primarily because Nintendo's Q4 financial briefing took place on the same date (Was delayed).

Regardless, if Stars is true, the announcement will definitely come this month right?
If it's coming out this year, I think an announcement this month is likely.

I really hope im wrong but I dont trust completely game freak for this to be a switch title.

In my head, it makes totally sense for Nintendo and TPC to put this thing in the switch and elevate the thing to the high heavens, but still the possibility is there for TPC to say "nah, the 3ds has a bigger installbase" Also, HD development and all that, even if its a port.

Philippo

-720p/1080p
-60fps in both modes
-Hi-res textures
-Improved lightning
-A handful of new pokémons
-New Alolan versions
-More end game content

And i'm there day fucking 0.

Ydelnae

-720p/1080p
-60fps in both modes
-Hi-res textures
-Improved lightning
-A handful of new pokémons
-New Alolan versions
-More end game content

And i'm there day fucking 0.

It's a Game Freak game, you have to pick two of those features and forget about 60fps.

If Stars is Switch-exclusive, I'd be pretty surprised if it didn't have a few brand-new Pokémon in it. They've run out of movie fodder already.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
If Stars is Switch-exclusive, I'd be pretty surprised if it didn't have a few brand-new Pokémon in it. They've run out of movie fodder already.

I'm hoping for a few new Alolan variants, they were really cool.
With Megas seemingly taking a backseat now, I could even see the starters receiving the variant treatment. Nothing would sell merch and garner hype like a new take on Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle after all.

Top Bottom