• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario 3D World hands-on, gameplay

Wow, the wait is killing me. This seriously looks like it could be the best Mario ever. Time to finish the first Galaxy before this comes out.

gogogow

Game looks gorgeous, but I skipped through the video, cause I feel like i've already seen way too much of this game.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want to watch the video because of "spoilers", but I have a quick question: Do you know which controllers will be supported for multiplayer (wiimote sideways, wiimote+nunchuk, classic controller Wii, classic controller pro, etc.) ?

The Google translation of that article is just lovely.

"You can also shoot with normal boots, but the claw is easier to hit and no beep hand."

Penguin

I don't want to watch the video because of "spoilers", but I have a quick question: Do you know which controllers will be supported for multiplayer (wiimote sideways, wiimote+nunchuk, classic controller Wii, classic controller pro, etc.) ?

Believe there's a pic

But GamePad, Wii Mote sideways, Classic Controller Pro, and want to say Wii mote and Chuck.

I will not look, I will not look, I will not look...

Sigh, why am I so weak?

Donkey-shrek-30165007-374-350.jpg

CaVaYeRo

Yup, tried the game with Controller Pro actually, but it was weird since I was already used to GamePad.

Mario runs slowwww in the beginning and jumps very high, but that's ok because there's a turbo and because of the differences between characters.

And I don't think 1-5, 2-3 or 2-1 is spoilers, already shown in trailers :) But pirahna-pot is sooooo good and everyone just jumps over it and kills it! Just take it with you! :(

Memino

Banned
They have a tough task beating galaxy 2 that's for sure, can't wait for this. Speaking of level packs, if they handle it well I would love to see some dlc for this game in the future, it's such a long wait between 3d marios that some creative level packs would be great.

Kouichi

Appreciate the gameplay video!

God this game looks so damn good. I loved 3D Land and honestly expect this game to surpass Galaxy 2. I love everything about it.

Kureransu

Dat SMW death music.

I believe you mean SMB 3

EDIT: Beaten like a piñata.

I was always optimistic about the game, but I'm getting the vibes now that i got with galaxy! It really does seem like Nintendo tried to take elements from ALL mario games prior and brought it into this one game.

Lumyst

So there's the carnival themed world with its colorful lights (I can't wait to see a night-time level from that world).

I remember glass blocks being in previous videos, are they new, or have previous Mario games had glass blocks?

mrmickfran

Mario Bros 3 death music?

Seems kind of random to me. I would have assumed that they would have used Mario World's death music or at least the original. Maybe Mario 2 even.

CaVaYeRo

Mario Bros 3 death music?

Seems kind of weird to me. I would have assumed that they would have used Mario World's death music or at least the original. Maybe Mario 2 even.

Mario 2 music is in bonus stage. And yeah, I *think* applause is back.

And lol @ Google T, hehe. Nvm, it's something about football, kicking balls and penalties for using your cat hands...

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Still too 2D for me. I hope the final game has a lot less side on scrolling.

Top Bottom