• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
44h0bi.jpg

Last edited:
Probably true for most situations. But there is also a chance of more voluntary 3rd party PS5 exclusives. If touted ease of development is very attractive combined with large install base as is expected from the brand, Sony may be in a very good position.

Pure speculation.
This is something that I have wondered myselft as well. Some 3rd party studios could easily decide to get a high cut from Sony and develop their game only for PS5 if the install based is big enough.

Doing so, could give them 2 extra advantages:
  1. Reduce the production cost developing only for 1 console = more profit.
  2. "Make a difference" using the PS5 SSD/IO throughput in full = better game = more sales.
Just a personal opinion/speculation.

Last edited:

HawarMiran

Banned
Horror in VR is straight up unplayable for some people. VR can transform a lot of genres but horror really can become something terrifying to the point nothing played on a TV will ever really spook you again. That was my experience with RE7 anyway. It’s one thing playing it on a TV and something else being in the room and physically leaning around a door frame to see what’s there.
Yeah man I ain't touching that in VR :messenger_tears_of_joy: . Maybe for shit and giggles together with friends. But not a serious playthrough

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem the way you're liking my comments, I figure I'd be a gold member by now :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I can't:lollipop_crying:

It's real, not a joke, lol. Someone hacked the system.:messenger_fearful:

Is it Phil?🤔

Last edited:

saintjules

I still keep this in the back of my head.

Sony has confirmed that the PS5 reveal timeline "will not change", and will follow a similar pattern to PS4's promotional campaign, which was announced in February 2013 and released in November of the same year.

Hiroki Totoki - Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer - clarified the details in a recent Sony's financial earnings call to investors earlier this month, stating that "when the time is right, we will disclose the new product.

"It's very difficult to really discuss this timing-wise," continued Totoki, "but as of today, we will provide the guidance at a time period which is comparable to the past. So we will not change the time schedule."

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Those event things are probable an estimate or including pre and post shows. The game portion is just a little bit longer than an hour. 60+ to 70 mins then it may end with pst show dev interviews or nothing at all just ends.

Has someone said that or just a guess?
I checked the blog and no timeframe was stipulated.

Edit: Actually the blog did state it in the old post.

This digital showcase will run for a bit more than an hour

Last edited:

waxer

A Doctor who game would be an awesome use of next gen tech. Inside being bigger than outside plus warping to new worlds.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
A Doctor who game would be an awesome use of next gen tech. Inside being bigger than outside plus warping to new worlds.

Honestly, I can't imagine a gamer doctor, they're just too busy and so little time to spare. We are grateful for their great time spent helping people, even if not for free but still counts for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom