• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Street Fighter V DLC character leaked: Ed (the hoodie kid from the campaign)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

Guess you should have chosen different phrasing if you wanted to say some shit, provide "evidence" and then backpedal it immediately as "muh opinion."

Here's the alternate timeline:

You: "I don't like any of the character designs in SFV"

Other people: "ok"
It's not my fault that you're so invested in the character designs that you'd take an obvious tongue in cheek response as a serious invitation to debate. Back peddle my ass, Foh

Lulubop

It's not my fault that you're so invested in the character designs that you'd take an obvious tongue in cheek response as a serious invitation to debate. Back peddle my ass, Foh

He's just calling out a drive by shit post, and rightfully so.

Did you miss the leak? Ed is muscular and he's wearing a coat and gloves.

cxFAVId.jpg

why did they abandon his original design? why does everyone have to look like they're on steroids in this game?

VariantX

If Capcom was smart, they could've done something akin to this thread...drop a picture every day and make it bigger and bigger to build the hype.

Yeah, they should have been drip feeding Ed stuff at least two weeks ago to build hype. This cold turkey shit has got to stop.

A bit off topic but, when you've got all this negative stuff coming out about your game from notable players and you're not offering enough positives on your end to off set it just seems wrong to me.

Doorman

He's not even released yet but I already miss the old days of Ed being a snarky teen wearing a sleeveless hoodie. Suddenly he looks like a bizarre fusion of Bison and Alex, meaning he actually stands out way less in the overall roster now compared to if they'd gone with something closer to his original design. There was no need to turn him into a brute in a series full of brutes.

Because the new one is way better and the old one was too simple, boring, weak and generic.

Welcome to Street Fighter art style. Or to action games art style.

i guess characters like and yang don't exist now?

his new design looks like as if he was made in 2005 with that awful emo haircut.

joe2187

Banned
what!? lol

Psycho Power created spare body created for M Bison, accelerated growth. Seth was one and so was Abel. and Cammy is technically a Clone of M Bison as well that was to be his next body.

All M Bison wants is to be a white woman or a white young boy.

Psycho Power created spare body created for M Bison, accelerated growth. Seth was one and so was Abel. and Cammy is technically a Clone of M Bison as well that was to be his next body.

and also blonde apparently. with his Hitler-y ass

VariantX

Bison really wants Ryu's body too

I think he looks fine but Capcom, is there no other hair color in your design language? Is Blonde the default?

I don't remember Balrog's ending in SF4 but I'm assuming he's blonde there too?

Both Ed and Kolin are carried over designs from previous games, so all Capcom can do is balance it out with new characters who aren't blonde.

It's why there are no blondes among the genuinely new characters, Fang, Necalli, Laura and Rashid.

Neoxon

I think he looks fine but Capcom, is there no other hair color in your design language? Is Blonde the default?
Ed, like Kolin in SFIII, was already blonde when he was introduced in SSFIV (though you could only see the sides of his hair at the time).

Gurnlei

Not surprised Capcom went and made Ed buff. Still would've liked a 'normal' character like Remy for variation. Feels like a missed opportunity.

Subaru

He looks awesome, evil and sexy.
And I'm feeling a "gay vibe" from him. I don't know, it would be awesome if he was the first gay Street Fighter character ;-)

(Poison is not gay, she is trans - or not, let's not enter in that discussion).

Because the new one is way better and the old one was too simple, boring, weak and generic.

Welcome to Street Fighter art style. Or to action games art style.

The problem with that is that Street Fighter has a load of brutes and crazy designed characters. His old design would be boring in anything else but Street Fighter. If you put silhouettes of both Eds in a group of other Street Fighter characters, which one would most likely be recognized? It doesn't help that this huge dude is doing a pose that dozens of characters have done before.

yurinka

I'm happy to see new blonde characters in the SF universe.

Blondes were a very small portion of the SF cast, and we needed more especially considering that most SF players are from NA & EU. Same goes with girls, we need more of them.

It really doesn't, though.

Satsuki's hairstyle, hair length, body shape, hat, shoulder pad, bracelet and katana tsuba holes and more match perfectly with the silhouette. What doesn't match?

I don't know, it would be awesome if he was the first gay Street Fighter character ;-)
Not sure if it was officially confirmed, but I think Eagle was supposed to be gay:
http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Eagle

He looks awesome, evil and sexy.
And I'm feeling a "gay vibe" from him. I don't know, it would be awesome if he was the first gay Street Fighter character ;-)

(Poison is not gay, she is trans - or not, let's not enter in that discussion).

Eagle.

Also if Cammy is straight I'll be shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom